PDA

View Full Version : Reversing Statism

TheHumblePhysicist
11-24-2010, 01:25 AM
So this is my first thread.

Which issues should we focus on in the congress? It is likely that we won't get anything passed until Obama is out of office, so the issues we support now should not be the critical ones, but the ones which will give us support of the moderates for the 2012 election.

I am thinking:

1. TSA

2. FED

3. War

-- Election--

4. Healthcare repeal

5. Balanced budget

6. Patriot act

--Election--

Keep in mind that the news cycle only allows for a certain number of bills to be passed in a certain amount of time. I grant about 6 months for the passage of each major measure, with the final 6 months in every 2 year period being devoted to the politicians re-election.

The TSA issue will probably transition into a more general repeal of federal powers, and will box the democrats in to supporting the war. If we play our cards right, we might just get it passed, even with Obama in office.

The reason I placed the FED before the election is because realistically, we won't end the FED for at least another 5 or 10 years, because it is such a massive change to the structure of our nation, and because the American mindset on monetary policy must be fully changed first, so we don't end up with the Pelosi Printing Press.

The war issue is right before the election so that we can separate the true libertarians from the RINO's running for office.

TheHumblePhysicist
11-24-2010, 03:30 AM
Pls don't let my first thread die in vain! lol.