PDA

View Full Version : Monsanto Feeding Libertarian Groups Disinformation

libertybrewcity
11-24-2010, 12:10 AM
Although this article is over a year old, the Food Bill is back and this article still applies:

I recently published an article “Grandmother Scores Huge Victory over Monsanto.” The article was a magnet for controversy because I claimed the best way to fight Monsanto and HR 875 was by growing your own food and saving seeds.

Linn Cohen-Cole, the libertarian grandmother at the forefront of the anti-HR 875 campaign called me “dangerous” for fostering complacency by encouraging readers to grow their own food instead of send e-mails and faxes…that no one reads.

The Cornucopia Institute and the Organic Consumers Association has already assured organic advocates that HR 875, the Food Safety and Modernization Act, is only “trying to improve the safety of food products derived from large industrial processing facilities and does not intend to trample organic farmers, backyard gardeners or consumers of fresh local foods.”

Following the April 3 Cornucopia press release, “Family Farmers Fear Being Run over by Food Safety Juggernaut,” organic food activists received a mass e-mail exposing the role of Linn Cole in spreading disinformation about HR 875:

Subject: RETRACTION: URGENT! Monsanto Bill to Ban Organic Food:

“Monsanto, or one of their proxy groups, is actually feeding libertarian groups disinformation on this bill.

The bill doesn’t ban organic. When you make that misinformed, but well-intentioned call to your Congressman, you are doing exactly what Monsanto wants—coming across as an ill-informed and hysterical extremist. Monsanto is making a last-ditch effort in this PR war, but they have already really lost it.”

http://dissidentvoice.org/2009/05/the-monsanto-connection/

JoshLowry
11-24-2010, 12:14 AM
That article is around 18 months old.

Kludge
11-24-2010, 12:17 AM
OP, your article is over a year old.

libertybrewcity
11-24-2010, 12:19 AM
Yea, I know it is old, but the food bill was recently reintroduced in the senate I believe. Could pass in the lame duck congress.

ord33
11-24-2010, 04:36 AM
Yea, I know it is old, but the food bill was recently reintroduced in the senate I believe. Could pass in the lame duck congress.

Here is a recent article about the new Senate bill:

http://www.naturalnews.com/030418_Food_Safety_Modernization_Act_seeds.html