PDA

View Full Version : 12M goal out of reach? Think again!

blamx8
10-20-2007, 10:21 PM
I was looking at our progress toward the 12M goal the other day and some of the line graphs that chart our projected results over the month and the quarter. I don’t know if anybody else gets a little discouraged at the projections that are lower than our quarterly goal so here is a little encouraging info for every one.

The stats I used are compiled from info at http://www.fec.gov . The daily stats that are shown there only include donations over $200. My assumption is that the smaller donations follow roughly the same percentage as larger donations week over week.

Because the dollar total from large donations is different than the actual total I am simply quoting percentages rather than dollar amounts.

Percentage of quarterly total donated through the 20th of the first month of the quarter:
1st Quarter: 4.73%
2nd Quarter: 5.49%
3rd Quarter: 11.52%
Average: 7.25%

As of 11:32 pm EST the total amount raised this quarter is $1,444,065 which is just over 12.03% of 12 million. Percentage wise we are off to a better start (toward goal) than in any other quarter.

Here’s the exciting part. If we get out and share the message enough to continue the exponential growth that has occurred so far we could blow away the 12 mill goal for the quarter. Spread the message of freedom.

I had a great week and had more people say that they are going to support Ron Paul than any previous week. One guy I talked with called his mom and told her that she should support Ron Paul. She said “You mean my doctor?” Yup, she had lived in TX and he had been her doctor. She had no idea he was running. She thought he was awesome and said she would absolutely support him also. Two for the price of one. :)

Let’s get out there and blow the top off this campaign!

NewEnd
10-20-2007, 10:22 PM
Here’s the exciting part. If we get out and share the message enough to continue the exponential growth that has occurred so far we could blow away the 12 mill goal for the quarter. Spread the message of freedom.

Alot of people will shake their heads in disbelief at this comment...

but I am not one of them.

bbachtung
Encouraging analysis.

Zydeco
$12 million on line is certainly within reach. We're on about a $6.5 million pace through the first three weeks of the quarter and the campaign and donors are only going to grow from here.

I'm thinking $20 million on line will be closer to the mark. No jive.

terlinguatx

ronpaulyourmom
She said “You mean my doctor?” Yup, she had lived in TX and he had been her Dr. She had no idea he was running. She thought he was awesome and said she would absolutely support him also. Two for the price of one. :)

Let’s get out there and blow the top off this campaign!

lol!

LibertyEagle
10-20-2007, 10:24 PM
That's the thing, there are MILLIONS of people offline who have no idea he's even running, much less his stances on the issues. Somehow, we're going to have to get to them. It's going to take all of us to do it. Door-to-door, radio ads maybe, even TV ads. Anyone else have any ideas?

CasualApathy
10-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Awesome research! I think this post needs to be spread far and wide, I have regained my faith in the 12 mil goal!

I think there are quite a few out there like me who have their doubts, and doubts hurt fundraising, so spread the word.

TechnoGuyRob
10-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Pssh.

Math major here. I don't mean to spoil anyone's fun, and I sure hope this works, but in case we do result in dissapointment, keep in mind with a bigger money total, that 11.52% might be a 20% this quarter, meaning a $7.5mill finish (not to mention the end of the quarter won't bring in as big of a haul because of the holidays).

But let's hope for $20mill!

CasualApathy
10-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Pssh.

Math major here. I don't mean to spoil anyone's fun, and I sure hope this works, but in case we do result in dissapointment, keep in mind with a bigger money total, that 11.52% might be a 20% this quarter, meaning a $7.5mill finish (not to mention the end of the quarter won't bring in as big of a haul because of the holidays).

Aww man...

That lasted for all of 5 minutes...

*Sinks back into despair*

NewEnd
10-20-2007, 10:31 PM
Pssh.

then surely, you can see, the overall trend of Pauls growth is exponential... in fact, how about you cook us up a formula, based on past performance, and tell us where he is headed?

Right now, he has gained 1.5 million, which is about 1/3rd of the 5 million he raised last quarter, and near par what he raised in Q2, meaning three times as much in Q4 as Q2.... assuming linear growth, but growth has been exponential.

TechnoGuyRob
10-20-2007, 10:35 PM
then surely, you can see, the overall trend of Pauls growth is exponential... in fact, how about you cook us up a formula, based on past performance, and tell us where he is headed?

Right now, he has gained 1.5 million, which is about 1/3rd of the 5 million he raised last quarter, and near par what he raised in Q2, meaning three times as much in Q4 as Q2.... assuming linear growth, but growth has been exponential.

Actually, by definition, the growth isn't exponential, because that would imply Q3 -> Q4 had a bigger (or equal) percent increase than Q2 -> Q3.

But it's growing. :)

A Ron Paul Rebel
10-20-2007, 10:37 PM
That's the thing, there are MILLIONS of people offline who have no idea he's even running, much less his stances on the issues. Somehow, we're going to have to get to them. It's going to take all of us to do it. Door-to-door, radio ads maybe, even TV ads. Anyone else have any ideas?

Yes, I have ideas.
That's what www.ronpaulsrebels.com is about.
It's two-fold. Ways to easily share paul off-line
and ways to 'reach farther on-line'. (Because the
more we reach on the web, the more they'll tell
people they know off-line.

A Ron Paul Rebel

p.s. There are excellent ideas on this forum, they
just need to be organized into a strategy and made
easy access to... www.ronpaulsrebels.com

Ron Paul Fan
10-20-2007, 10:39 PM
We should be able to make it. The new fundraising goal was brilliant. It'll put us at about $2 million away with 1 week left. I'm not sure we can get the $2 million, but we've proven that we can get $1.2 million which will put us in good shape. You heard Snyder at the press conference say they were shooting for 3-4-5 so we should be right on target. If we don't get the $4 million it's not the end of the world because $3 millon isn't too shabby. It puts us on pace to get what the frontrunners got last quarter and that's big. Keep donating in the name of freedom! Broadcast freedom!

NewEnd
10-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Actually, by definition, the growth isn't exponential, because that would imply Q3 -> Q4 had a bigger (or equal) percent increase than Q2 -> Q3.

But it's growing. :)

??

it has so far

and 10 million would be double q3 which was double q2.. that would still be exponential. We are on track right now, if it went linear, for 6 million, but it will continue to curve up... and November 5th, is gonna be big. I know it will.

blamx8
10-20-2007, 11:42 PM
Let’s look at the month to month percentage of quarterly totals then.

Q1: Jan. 13%; Feb 46%; Mar. 41%
Q2: Apr. 10%; May 38%; Jun. 56%
Q3: Jul. 17%; Aug. 27%; Sep. 56%

The first month of each quarter has brought in less money than the month previous.
April was 76.54% of March's total.
July was 67.33% of June’s total.
As of right now RonPaulGraphs.com shows our projected Oct total at 2.13M. That represents around 74% of Sept. total.

It appears that the growth is occurring at a similar rate. I know, I know, Past performance does not indicate… (blah blah blah), but in this case it is our results that will be measured by the amount we get out and share the freedom message.

I feel good!

Paul4Prez
10-20-2007, 11:52 PM
Keep in mind that donations for Giuliani and Romney are likely to DROP in the fourth quarter, since their big-money friends are tapped out.

Grandson of Liberty
10-20-2007, 11:58 PM
Keep in mind that donations for Giuliani and Romney are likely to DROP in the fourth quarter, since their big-money friends are tapped out.

Never underestimate the ability of "big-money friends" to find sneaky ways of getting money to their bought-and-paid-for-politicians.

But, assuming everyone plays by the rules, you should be right.

Gimme Some Truth
10-21-2007, 12:05 AM
DO we tend to see a donation spike after debates?

Are there likely to be more debates in the 4Q than the third?

Perry
10-21-2007, 12:12 AM
I have never thought for a second that it is out of reach. I have expected it to increase gradually and consistently. In the last month the momentum will really begin to pick up at a frantic pace.