PDA

View Full Version : TSA Memo: "national opt-out day” = “domestic extremist"

cswake
11-23-2010, 09:41 PM
If this is true, which I imagine the validity of a memo from DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano should be easily verified, this is an interesting escalation from the Obama Administration...

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/30286

The introductory paragraph of the multi-page document states that it is issued “in response to the growing public backlash against enhanced TSA security screening procedures and the agents conducting the screening process.” Implicit within the same section is that the recently enhanced security screening procedures implemented at U.S. airports, and the measures to be taken in response to the negative public backlash as detailed [in this directive], have the full support of the President. In other words, Obama not only endorses the enhanced security screening, but the measures outlined in this directive to be taken in response to public objections.

The terminology contained within the reported memo is indeed troubling. It labels any person who “interferes” with TSA airport security screening procedure protocol and operations by actively objecting to the established screening process, “including but not limited to the anticipated national opt-out day” as a “domestic extremist.” The label is then broadened to include “any person, group or alternative media source” that actively objects to, causes others to object to, supports and/or elicits support for anyone who engages in such travel disruptions at U.S. airports in response to the enhanced security procedures.

tpreitzel
11-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Who cares? These blatant violations of constitutional law by the TSA should have been heard at the level of the SCOTUS years ago.... way overdue.

cswake
11-23-2010, 10:00 PM
Who cares?The people who are being treated as domestic extremists for engaging in civil disobedience?

ericsnow
11-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Who cares?

WTF seriously? Do you realize the magnitude of this?

james1906
11-23-2010, 11:01 PM
Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.

farrar
11-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.

and let me remind you also, that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

libertyjam
11-23-2010, 11:26 PM
If this is true, which I imagine the validity of a memo from DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano should be easily verified, this is an interesting escalation from the Obama Administration...

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/30286

Obama will not be happy until there are firebombs in the streets and airports, then he will point and say, "see, I told you we need these measures, look at all the extremists." They are going to keep ratcheting and ratcheting up and up.

Matt Collins
11-23-2010, 11:28 PM
and let me remind you also, that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

YouTube - Barry Goldwater: "Extremism in the defense of liberty..." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVNoClu0h9M)

Matt Collins
11-23-2010, 11:29 PM
Is there an easy way to disable these machines? Perhaps a small device which could provide localized radiation feedback strong enough to blow out their fuses? An X-ray laser? How are the X-rays processed into an image?
"Domestic extremist" is only 1 word away from "domestic terrorism" :mad:

Anti Federalist
11-24-2010, 02:33 AM
WTF seriously? Do you realize the magnitude of this?

No, sadly most people don't.

OK, now a "domestic extremist" puts you on "the list".

As the databases get more and more interconnected, being on "the list" means your credit gets shot, means you can't get a job, means, for people like me, you won't be able to get a TWIC, which means all your government issued licenses that took 30 years of time and hoops to jump through to acquire are no longer valid, means you can't work anywhere, means you can't pass a NICS check to own or purchase firearms, means you can't travel, means...

Philhelm
11-24-2010, 03:27 AM
No, sadly most people don't.

OK, now a "domestic extremist" puts you on "the list".

As the databases get more and more interconnected, being on "the list" means your credit gets shot, means you can't get a job, means, for people like me, you won't be able to get a TWIC, which means all your government issued licenses that took 30 years of time and hoops to jump through to acquire are no longer valid, means you can't work anywhere, means you can't pass a NICS check to own or purchase firearms, means you can't travel, means...

Indeed. And all without even a shred of due process or any conviction. :mad:

Anti Federalist
11-24-2010, 03:30 AM
Indeed. And all without even a shred of due process or any conviction. :mad:

What is this due process you're hysterically blathering about Mundane?

Get back in line. :mad:

Anti Federalist
11-24-2010, 03:31 AM
Hands Down Your Pantsistan

Posted by Lew Rockwell on November 23, 2010 09:22 PM

Janet Napolitano wants to spread her sicko tricks to trains, subways, and boats. Other overlords have said they want it at malls and public schools. So this must be stopped at the airports before the infection spreads. “We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,” so to speak.

UPDATE: I saw a clip from a Napolitano press conference, where a reporter asked if it was it true that passengers could be forced into genital gropes. She said if passengers refuse the magnetometer and the naked x-ray, there had to be some way to examine them intimately. Another lie from Janet, since no peon is allowed a choice between the two government machines.

georgiaboy
11-24-2010, 09:14 AM
Ants, Unite!

YouTube - A Bug's Life - "Then they ALL might stand up to us" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmUD9Jhfh_U&feature=related)

georgiaboy
11-24-2010, 09:18 AM
Almost missed this little bit:

The label is then broadened to include “any person, group or alternative media source” that actively objects to, causes others to object to, supports and/or elicits support for anyone who engages in such travel disruptions at U.S. airports in response to the enhanced security procedures.

I think this just included a hefty percentage of the US Citizenry, yours truly included.

Anti Federalist
11-24-2010, 04:17 PM
///

speciallyblend
11-24-2010, 05:02 PM
TSA and the US GOV WORLD Terrorists and Domestic Terrorists!! maybe i should put a Domestic Terrorist sticker on My car since by tsa standard i am one!

speciallyblend
11-24-2010, 05:08 PM

I think this just included a hefty percentage of the US Citizenry, yours truly included.

yeah i guess i need to sport a Domestic terrorist sticker on my car now!

Captain Shays
11-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Well we better start coming up with workable alternatives to keep people safe or we look like a bunch of idiots. Whenever we start ranting about our rights being violated and this doesn't keep us safe, when they ask so what's your plan we better have a decent answer or no one is going to come to our defense

oyarde
11-24-2010, 05:09 PM
Obama will not be happy until there are firebombs in the streets and airports, then he will point and say, "see, I told you we need these measures, look at all the extremists." They are going to keep ratcheting and ratcheting up and up.

hmmm....... I have often wondered too if this is the plan .

speciallyblend
11-24-2010, 05:12 PM

yeah i guess i need to sport a Domestic terrorist sticker on my car now!

we will see how many times i get pulled over!

Jordan
11-24-2010, 05:13 PM
"Domestic extremist" is only 1 word away from "domestic terrorism" :mad:

"Freedom" is only 1 word away from "Tyranny" :mad:

Heimdallr
11-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Hopefully, being called a "domestic terrorist" will get a lot of the Tea Party terror-warrior folks to wake the fuck up.

speciallyblend
11-24-2010, 05:27 PM
Well we better start coming up with workable alternatives to keep people safe or we look like a bunch of idiots. Whenever we start ranting about our rights being violated and this doesn't keep us safe, when they ask so what's your plan we better have a decent answer or no one is going to come to our defense

tell me about it, yesterday i went to get my ski pass from keystone and you would of thought i was applying for cia clearance.It almost had me ripping up my ski pass in front of the bastards. This might be the last yr i ever buy a ski pass . I felt like i was applying for high security clearance within the cia! I pretty much have stopped doing business with every corporation now! Corporations and the US Gov are basically dead to me except for the domestic terrorist aka IRS taking my money out of my paycheck!

F Banks
F Corporations
F World Terrorism aka US GOV

dannno
11-24-2010, 05:50 PM
tell me about it, yesterday i went to get my ski pass from keystone and you would of thought i was applying for cia clearance.It almost had me ripping up my ski pass in front of the bastards. This might be the last yr i ever buy a ski pass . I felt like i was applying for high security clearance within the cia! I pretty much have stopped doing business with every corporation now! Corporations and the US Gov are basically dead to me except for the domestic terrorist aka IRS taking my money out of my paycheck!

F Banks
F Corporations
F World Terrorism aka US GOV

lol, ya, I'm pretty sure in the good old days you just had to give them money.. and maybe a Driver's license since your name was on the pass..