PDA

View Full Version : Let M Write Ron Paul's Opening Statement for Tomorrow Nights Debate

michaelwise
10-20-2007, 10:18 PM
As many of you know, I attract support from many minority groups around the United States. I will take all the votes I can get. But I am not Santa Clause and I am not a magician. I can't wave a magic wand and give everybody everything they want. You need a consensus from Congress for may things. As President of the Executive Branch of Government, I can give the majority of people, some of what they have expressed their opinions on. As President, I Guarantee I will enforce our nation's immigration laws, and I will end the Iraq War, as these will be some of my Constitutional duties. Thank You.

How do you think this would go over as an opening statement by Ron?

0zzy
10-20-2007, 10:25 PM
meh

ronpaulyourmom
10-20-2007, 10:28 PM
As President of the Executive Branch, I can give the majority of people some of what they want.

I would remove this part and throw in something about honest leadership and bringing openess back to government. Otherwise, I like your idea and I think he needs to start being more assertive in a respectful way. The idea of mentioning fringe groups though, I donno about that. He needs to make that suggestion in a less obvious way.

CasualApathy
10-20-2007, 10:28 PM
A bit too defensive.

Taco John
10-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Dr. Paul has to start holding feet to the fire. Even the genial Reagan did this...

"Now there you go again..."

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qBlfOoZD1bE

ronpaulyourmom
10-20-2007, 10:34 PM
Honestly I think Ron just needs to loosen up and he'll win over a ton of voters.

The guy needs to smile up there on stage and maybe laugh a little.

NewEnd
10-20-2007, 10:34 PM
too defensive
no need to mention the fringe groups, that would be a disaster, and give instant respectability to punditry smears nationwide

njandrewg
10-20-2007, 10:52 PM
"My name is Ron Paul, I am fighting to restore constitution and personal freedom in America and to fix our faltering economy and to stop the Iraq War, so that we can abolish the income tax. I am 3rd in Cash on Hand, I have the largest grass roots network, I have won more straw polls than every single candidate on this stage, and I have won almost every single post debate poll. Yet I keep getting the least amount of time compared to all the candidates on this stage...think about it. "

But seriously I think he should mention some of his positions he never gets asked about in the intro

quickmike
10-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Heres how mine would go.

"Im Ron Paul, defender of the constitution. If you believe in the constitution, vote for me. If you dont believe in the constitution, vote for one of these other clowns"(pointing finger up and down the row of other candidates). :D

Then kick over the podium and declare victory with arms raised in a V, Richard Nixon style!!!!!

http://www.cah.utexas.edu/photojournalism/graphics/presidents/nixon/bigpics/Nixon_03.jpg

NewEnd
10-20-2007, 11:16 PM
Heres how mine would go.

"Im Ron Paul, defender of the constitution. If you believe in the constitution, vote for me. If you dont believe in the constitution, vote for one of these other clowns"(pointing finger up and down the row of other candidates). :D

Then kick over the podium and declare victory with arms raised in a V, Richard Nixon style!!!!!

http://www.cah.utexas.edu/photojournalism/graphics/presidents/nixon/bigpics/Nixon_03.jpg

Ha ha ha!!

Vote for me! Im Ron Pawul, bitch! Ron Pawul!

michaelwise
10-20-2007, 11:20 PM
Heres how mine would go.

http://www.cah.utexas.edu/photojournalism/graphics/presidents/nixon/bigpics/Nixon_03.jpgWow. Their signs were so lame back then.

quickmike
10-20-2007, 11:23 PM
Wow. Their signs were so lame back then.

Yeah, but look how many people were there.....DAMN!!!

Just shows you how much more involved people were in politics back then.