PDA

View Full Version : DHS & TSA: Making a list, checking it twice (opposition to TSA="domestic extremism")

Lucille
11-23-2010, 04:16 PM
DHS & TSA: Making a list, checking it twice (http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/30286)

The memo, which actually takes the form of an administrative directive, appears to be the product of undated but recent high level meetings between Napolitano, John Pistole, head of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA),and one or more of Obama’s national security advisors. This document officially addresses those who are opposed to, or engaged in the disruption of the implementation of the enhanced airport screening procedures as “domestic extremists.”

The introductory paragraph of the multi-page document states that it is issued “in response to the growing public backlash against enhanced TSA security screening procedures and the agents conducting the screening process.” Implicit within the same section is that the recently enhanced security screening procedures implemented at U.S. airports, and the measures to be taken in response to the negative public backlash as detailed [in this directive], have the full support of the President. In other words, Obama not only endorses the enhanced security screening, but the measures outlined in this directive to be taken in response to public objections.

The terminology contained within the reported memo is indeed troubling. It labels any person who “interferes” with TSA airport security screening procedure protocol and operations by actively objecting to the established screening process, “including but not limited to the anticipated national opt-out day” as a “domestic extremist.” The label is then broadened to include “any person, group or alternative media source” that actively objects to, causes others to object to, supports and/or elicits support for anyone who engages in such travel disruptions at U.S. airports in response to the enhanced security procedures.

For individuals who engaged in such activity at screening points, it instructs TSA operations to obtain the identities of those individuals and other applicable information and submit the same electronically to the Homeland Environment Threat Analysis Division, the Extremism and Radicalization branch of the Office of Intelligence & Analysis (IA) division of the Department of Homeland Security.

For “any person, group or domestic alternative media source” that actively objects to, causes others to object to, supports and/or elicits support for anyone who engages in such travel “disruptions” at U.S. airports (as defined above) in response to the enhanced security procedures, the [applicable DHS administrative branch] is instructed to identify and collect information about the persons or entities, and submit such information in the manner outlined [within this directive].

Fascist bastards.

More at the link. H/T KN@PPSTER (http://knappster.blogspot.com/)

Elwar
11-23-2010, 04:19 PM
For “any person, group or domestic alternative media source” that actively objects to, causes others to object to, supports and/or elicits support for anyone who engages in such travel “disruptions” at U.S. airports (as defined above) in response to the enhanced security procedures, the [applicable DHS administrative branch] is instructed to identify and collect information about the persons or entities, and submit such information in the manner outlined [within this directive].

I guess that would include Ron Paul...

nate895
11-23-2010, 04:29 PM
I guess that would include Ron Paul...

And, thank God, other Members of Congress, such as John Duncan.

Bern
11-23-2010, 04:35 PM
If this can be confirmed, it would indeed be troubling. Does wikileaks handle non-war stories?

nate895
11-23-2010, 04:36 PM
If this can be confirmed, it would indeed be troubling. Does wikileaks handle non-war stories?

They've posted stuff about corruption in local governments, let alone non-war.

youngbuck
11-23-2010, 04:37 PM
These people are really getting a hard on with their absurd hubris and arrogance. They probably sleep better at night since they've become so public with their agenda of labeling all dissent as extremism and borderline terrorism. Hubris will precipitate their demise.

awake
11-23-2010, 04:39 PM
Congratulations everyone we're officially on the radar screen. We are on the list!

aravoth
11-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Congratulations everyone we're officially on the radar screen. We are on the list!

If you post on this forum, you are already on the list.

awake
11-23-2010, 04:42 PM

Yes!

american.swan
11-23-2010, 04:48 PM

YEAH!! I'm on the US list and my South Korean wife is on North Korea's list because she dirtied the Han River (North Korea's term, not mine, for corrupting Korea's pure blood nonsense) by marrying a non-Korean.

tangent4ronpaul
11-23-2010, 04:48 PM
This sounds very familiar... isn't "domestic extremist" the new "enemy combatant" - u know, the government can pick you up and hold you indefinitely without a warrant, without a hearing or access to a lawyer - even kill you...

Yeah, I thought that term was familiar... :mad:

-t

GunnyFreedom
11-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Those very same people who called us lunatics, liberals, morons, and kooks when we stood strong against the Bush Administration's creation of the Department of Homeland Security and the passage of the PATRIOT Act are now in shock and horror over what those tools are being used to do.

NOW is the time to build support for RP2012, "We warned you and you called us lunatics. Turns out that we were more conservative than you were. We told you these tools would be used by the next administration to tyrannize the American people - and you didn't believe us. It's time to start believing us. Help us elect Ron Paul for President in 2012 and we together we can take this nightmare away from American soil and go back to the land of the free and the home of the brave!"

jkr
11-23-2010, 05:26 PM
PUT ME ON IT buRGEr boYYYYYYEEEEE

Freedom 4 all
11-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Anything short of bending over, taking it in the ass from the Federal government and then saying "thank you sir may I have another" seems to be considered "domestic extremism" these days. The word has lost all meaning.

Freedom 4 all
11-23-2010, 05:49 PM
Those very same people who called us lunatics, liberals, morons, and kooks when we stood strong against the Bush Administration's creation of the Department of Homeland Security and the passage of the PATRIOT Act are now in shock and horror over what those tools are being used to do.

NOW is the time to build support for RP2012, "We warned you and you called us lunatics. Turns out that we were more conservative than you were. We told you these tools would be used by the next administration to tyrannize the American people - and you didn't believe us. It's time to start believing us. Help us elect Ron Paul for President in 2012 and we together we can take this nightmare away from American soil and go back to the land of the free and the home of the brave!"

Meh, we also lost a ton of fair-weather allies from places like Daily Kos when Obama took office. You can bet these fuckwads will go right back to hailing government as soon as a white Republican takes office again, and when that happens, the Kostards will run back to our way of thinking.

GunnyFreedom
11-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Meh, we also lost a ton of fair-weather allies from places like Daily Kos when Obama took office. You can bet these fuckwads will go right back to hailing government as soon as a white Republican takes office again, and when that happens, the Kostards will run back to our way of thinking.

Well, so long as we maintain that attitude and refuse to strike while the iron is hot, you are right. :rolleyes:

Cowlesy
11-23-2010, 06:00 PM

And have been for quite a while!

Subversive, cranky Americans who respect and honor the Constitution, and many who advocate the non-aggression principle! 'Git'em!'

Michael Landon
11-23-2010, 06:27 PM

I feel bad that I have tarnished the good name of Michael Landon by getting his name on the government's list.

- ML

Lucille
11-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Anyone consider this confirmation? (Good enough for me):

@warbiany (http://twitter.com/warbiany/status/7587270357942272) @MacGhil Interesting. I checked the referrer logs this morning, and I got three visits to my opt-out post from "state.gov". Hi, Hillary!

That was Liberty Paper's (http://www.thelibertypapers.org/) Brad Warbiany in response to my tweet:

Got that? You #optout, or support #optout, or oppose the fascist #DHS's #TSA in any way, you're a "domestic extremist." http://bit.ly/hSeGII

pcosmar
11-25-2010, 09:56 AM
http://www.homelandstupidity.us/images/domestic-terrorist/120x60.png
http://www.homelandstupidity.us/2007/05/13/you-are-the-homegrown-terrorist-threat/

I wear the label proudly.