PDA

View Full Version : School depresses me...

Philhelm
11-23-2010, 02:02 AM
So, I'm in one of my college classes, and ended up in a conversation with two classmates, in which I had asserted that there is a difference between education and training. Nothing I could say would convince them that there is a difference between the two. One student even sounded rather offended by the concept. It just bothers me when people have such conviction in their ignorance; indeed, it parallels the political ignorance of many people. In any case, I just needed to vent.

Romulus
11-23-2010, 07:04 AM
I feel for you guys in school.. back when I was in college, the political climate wasn't so polarized. We'd argue over what to drink that night... it's supposed to be fun in school.. enjoy it while you can, if you can...

But I understand your point.. Like Bill Hicks telling the man on the rollercoaster its just a ride, and he angrily says "its real!"

heavenlyboy34
11-23-2010, 05:15 PM
OP, you should remember this incident. It only gets worse as your peers become older. :P

KCIndy
11-23-2010, 05:28 PM
So, I'm in one of my college classes, and ended up in a conversation with two classmates, in which I had asserted that there is a difference between education and training. Nothing I could say would convince them that there is a difference between the two. One student even sounded rather offended by the concept. It just bothers me when people have such conviction in their ignorance; indeed, it parallels the political ignorance of many people. In any case, I just needed to vent.

Sounds like both of them will end up trained but not educated! :rolleyes: They'll make good, obedient little slav -- er, citizens.

Do you have a Young Americans for Liberty chapter at your school?

Philhelm
12-01-2010, 02:33 PM
OP, you should remember this incident. It only gets worse as your peers become older. :P

Most of the people on my class are older than the typical student, as am I. :(

Philhelm
12-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Sounds like both of them will end up trained but not educated! :rolleyes: They'll make good, obedient little slav -- er, citizens.

Do you have a Young Americans for Liberty chapter at your school?

I doubt that there's a YAL, as it is a community college (albeit a large one). I'm just geting a post bachelor's certificate, so I'm just passing through quickly.