PDA

View Full Version : CBS News Continues to Blackout Ron Paul

spotics
10-20-2007, 09:07 PM
Call Katie Couric and let her know you are not happy about CBS being the lone network to not do a story on Ron Paul. You can reach her voice mail by calling 1-800-CBS-News (1-800-227-6397). Press "1" and spell Couric with your phone. Be polite.

Adamsa
10-20-2007, 09:08 PM
Not one story?

michaelwise
10-20-2007, 09:11 PM
If anyone needs better ratings, it's her.

spotics
10-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Not one story?

As far as I could find nothing.

davidhperry
10-20-2007, 09:20 PM
As far as I could find nothing.

Can we please do some more research before posting threads like this? If you go to Google News or LexisNexis then you will find CBS coverage of Ron Paul.

To all the readers of this forum - please do your own research and actually go investigate someone's claims before firing off emails and phone calls. I know the OP intentions were good but threads like this have the potential to waste people's time, at best, and cause damage to the Ron Paul campaign, at worst.

Please don't take someone's word for it just because it's on this forum - research it yourself before you take any action.

ctb619
10-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Can we please do some more research before posting threads like this? If you go to Google News or LexisNexis then you will find CBS coverage of Ron Paul.

To all the readers of this forum - please do your own research and actually go investigate someone's claims before firing off emails and phone calls. I know the OP intentions were good but threads like this have the potential to waste people's time, at best, and cause damage to the Ron Paul campaign, at worst.

Please don't take someone's word for it just because it's on this forum - research it yourself before you take any action.

What about CBS Evening News?

spotics
10-20-2007, 09:28 PM

CBS has never done a piece on its network. They may have done a few online, but Ron Paul has never been mentioned on the CBS Evening News, Face the Nation, the Early Show, Sunday Morning, or 60 Minutes.

NBC had a piece on Friday, ABC has had him on GMA, World News, and This Week. On cable Paul has been on CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News on several occassions.

davidhperry
10-20-2007, 09:31 PM
What about CBS Evening News?

I don't know about CBS Evening News - the OP said that CBS has not covered Ron when they clearly have. "Evening News" is one of many programs on the CBS TV network. It might be the case that they haven't run a piece about Ron Paul on that program but I don't think that we can say that they have a "media blackout" in place on CBS.

ctb619
10-20-2007, 09:33 PM
I don't know about CBS Evening News - the OP said that CBS has not covered Ron when they clearly have. "Evening News" is one of many programs on the CBS TV network. It might be the case that they haven't run a piece about Ron Paul on that program but I don't think that we can say that they have a "media blackout" in place on CBS.

true, but he/she also said to contact Katie Couric

davidhperry
10-20-2007, 09:37 PM
CBS has never done a piece on its network. They may have done a few online, but Ron Paul has never been mentioned on the CBS Evening News, Face the Nation, the Early Show, Sunday Morning, or 60 Minutes.

NBC had a piece on Friday, ABC has had him on GMA, World News, and This Week. On cable Paul has been on CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News on several occassions.

You may be right, but how can we know for sure? Wouldn't the fact that they've covered him online suggest that they don't have a blackout?

I really appreciate you encouraging people to be polite when they call. My issue is not with people calling - I just think we should be really careful accusing media companies of a "blackout" when they really have a right to run any kind of stories that they want. It's doesn't mean that we can't contact them to request more coverage though. :)