PDA

View Full Version : If it's good enough for Lew Rockwell and DailyPaul.com..

SwordOfShannarah
10-20-2007, 08:28 PM
then it's good enough for me.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/016209.html

http://dailypaul.com/node/3664

Consider this.. if http://www.ThisNovember5th.com were really something that would be bad for us why would they attack us now? By attacking us now they could stop us, and that would kill their position against us. All I have to do is take down the site and bang, no more ammo. If they wait until after November 5th then they can attack us for the rest of the campaign. Do you think that is lost on them? Of course it isn't, and it's proof that they want to block us from doing it.. and many on this forum are trying to help them.

Go to digg.com and try to search for "November 5th Ron Paul". You can't find any of popular diggs for ThisNovember5th.com. They have been removed entirely from the search. Why? Because they DON'T want to be able to call us kooks?? NO. It's because they don't want us to do this. The site has 1339 diggs and it's STILL not on the front page. What more proof do you need that we are being blocked? So I ask you, why is it the Neo-cons don't want us to do this?

Because it will work.

Like I say in the title. I'll take the endorsement and opinions of Lew Rockwell and TheDailyPaul.com over anyone on these forums any day, and I would expect you to want me to do so.

DailyPaul.com:
"http://www.thisnovember5th.com

This is an invaluable opportunity for the Ron Paul campaign! It's now underway so join in and spread the to everyone you know.

pure grassroots.

Lew Rockwell:
"America has always had interesting revisionist customs in light of its English origin. I always liked the American rewrite of "God Save the King" with "My Country Tis of Thee." Now Americans are looking to turn on its head the English celebration of the foiled Gunpowder Plot on Guy Fawkes Night, as a goal to make the largest political donation event in history for one of the greatest anti-statist candidates in history. On November 5th, they are seeking to bomb the Ron Paul campaign with $100 donations from 100,000 people, a worthy plot which will hopefully succeed.

Bleg: Now we need a good ole fashioned American revision to "Remember, remember the Fifth of November." "

They wouldn't endorse this without thinking it through so the site will go on as is.

My advice to you all is to stop the arguing and start standing strong and TOGETHER. Ignore those who continue to try to divide us, both Neo-con and troll alike. The only thing we have to fear is fear itself, and I'm not about to start being afraid now. Are you?

LibertyEagle
10-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Go to digg.com and try to search for "November 5th Ron Paul". You can't find it any of the diggs for ThisNovember5th.com. It's been removed entirely from the search. Why? Because they DON'T want to be able to call us Kooks?? NO. It's because they don't want us to do this. The site has 1339 diggs and it's STILL not on the front page. What more proof do you need? So I ask you, why is it the Neo-cons don't want us to do this?

The DIGG bury brigade does it all the time. I would guess primarily because some of us have chosen to DIGG every single solitary mention of Ron Paul in any news, not to mention, blogs.

You're reading way too much into this.

bbachtung
10-20-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm signed up, and can't wait to see this succeed.

Spirit of '76
10-20-2007, 08:39 PM
It's obviously going to happen whether everyone likes it or not, so I wish people would quit whining about it.

SwordOfShannarah
10-20-2007, 08:40 PM
The DIGG bury brigade does it all the time. I would guess primarily because some of us have chosen to DIGG every single solitary mention of Ron Paul in any news, not to mention, blogs.

You're reading way too much into this.

Never have I ever seen a digg that was over a thousand in just a day kept off the front page. NEVER.

And you didn't touch the search part of what I said. What about that? You cannot find this story by searching for it.

wfd40
10-20-2007, 08:40 PM
hmm.. the lew rockwell interpretation certainly strikes a chord.

dircha
10-20-2007, 08:47 PM
Great idea. Keep up the good work.

We'll find out in a little over 2 weeks whether these pledges mean anything.

To offer a little constructive criticism, based on the videos I see on the site, the campaign doesn't seem to be doing a very effective job of tying Ron Paul's message into the V for Vendetta mythos. The site background image is great, but that's about it.

The tie-in just doesn't come across as very compelling.

I wish there had been more time to find volunteers to create professional-grade content to really plan out and capitalize on this.

But if you can get several thousand people to donate more than they would have otherwise, then you sir are without a doubt doing more than 99% of other Ron Paul supporters out there.

So don't be discouraged by the nay-sayers.

SwordOfShannarah
10-20-2007, 08:50 PM

To offer a little constructive criticism, based on the videos I see on the site, the campaign doesn't seem to be doing a very effective job of tying Ron Paul's message into the V for Vendetta mythos. The site background image is great, but that's about it.

I wish there had been more time to find volunteers to create professional-grade content to really plan out and capitalize on this.

But if you can get several thousand people to donate more than they would have otherwise, then you sir are without a doubt doing more than 99% of other Ron Paul supporters out there.

There is no reason the videos can't be replaced if other videos can express the idea as well or better. I've posted that thread on these forums which is another reason no one should be complaining but rather taking action if they don't like things as is. Just pm me the links or send them to the myspace profile. Right now these are the only vids I've got.

If we come up with a few new vids I'll post them all on a page, link to them and throw up a poll here on the forums. We can collectively pick the best video.

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

mkrfctr
10-20-2007, 08:55 PM
FYI AFAIK once a story is buried it never comes back.

So you could have posted that, had 40 people digg it, but the brigade got it buried and then you had 1000+ people come and digg it later, but to no avail.

This is an issue when they are linked from remote sites, there is no way to tell it got buried already. You have to either do a search and toggle 'buried stories' on and off, or go to the category it's in and find the slot it should be in (based on the date/time it was submitted) and see if it exists there, or if it skips over it.

If it got buried, you need a new submission and try again ...

Spirit of '76
10-20-2007, 08:55 PM
The site background image is great...

True.

Am I correct in assuming that's from the Michigan rally?

Adamsa
10-20-2007, 09:00 PM
If he gets 10 million dollars, they won't be reporting on the date, thats for sure.

SwordOfShannarah
10-20-2007, 09:06 PM
FYI AFAIK once a story is buried it never comes back.

So you could have posted that, had 40 people digg it, but the brigade got it buried and then you had 1000+ people come and digg it later, but to no avail.

This is an issue when they are linked from remote sites, there is no way to tell it got buried already. You have to either do a search and toggle 'buried stories' on and off, or go to the category it's in and find the slot it should be in (based on the date/time it was submitted) and see if it exists there, or if it skips over it.

If it got buried, you need a new submission and try again ...

They already did this..

http://www.ThisNovember5th.com/? - the digg on this page goes here:

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Make_this_a_November_5th_to_remember_Massive_donat ion_drive_for_Ron_Paul

I'm not saying it's not the bury brigade. Of course it is. But that alone doesn't account for why this can't be found in search. Oh yeah- BOTH of these diggs can't be found on search. Not just once.. but twice.

btw- the orginal digg was in the hundreds of diggs in just a few hours. I've never seen the bury brigade beat that before either.

LibertyEagle
10-20-2007, 09:10 PM

Please don't use the word "campaign", Ron Paul and this V for Vendetta stuff in the same sentence. The "campaign" has nothing whatsoever to do with this.

LibertyEagle
10-20-2007, 09:11 PM
They already did this..

http://www.ThisNovember5th.com/? - the digg on this page goes here:

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Make_this_a_November_5th_to_remember_Massive_donat ion_drive_for_Ron_Paul

I'm not saying it's not the bury brigade. Of course it is. But that alone doesn't account for why this can't be found in search.

btw- the orginal digg was in the hundreds of diggs in just a few hours. I've never seen the bury brigade beat that before either.

Wow! Maybe you should start another thread about it. That way, we'd have nearly TEN going on this deal. :rolleyes:

SwordOfShannarah
10-20-2007, 09:12 PM
Please don't use the word "campaign", Ron Paul and this V for Vendetta stuff in the same sentence. The "campaign" has nothing whatsoever to do with this.

Really? I'd say Lew Rockwell and DailyPaul.com are a LOT closer to the campaign than you are. Or would you disagree?

Wow! Maybe you should start another thread about it. That way, we'd have nearly TEN going on this deal. :rolleyes:

Nice to see you on the attack Liberty Eagle. Showing your true colors I guess.

LibertyEagle
10-20-2007, 09:20 PM
Really? I'd say Lew Rockwell and DailyPaul.com are a LOT closer to the campaign than you are. Or would you disagree?

Nice to see you on the attack Liberty Eagle. Showing your true colors I guess.

LOL!! Your question is whether a blogger who wrote the article that you quoted from Lew Rockwell's blog, or a grassroots website such as The Daily Paul, is closer to the campaign than me? ANSWER: NO. None of these are the Ron Paul PCC. Are they? No. :rolleyes: No one speaks for the Ron Paul PCC, but the Ron Paul PCC itself. They did not initiate this V for Vendetta fundraising scheme, so stop trying to associate them with it! I think the idea is brilliant, although it's my belief that we need to be very careful of the message sent.

What colors? Because I remark about the sheer number of threads that have been started on this one topic, I am somehow being unfaithful to Ron Paul. LOL!!! :D:D

What a joke. :rolleyes:

SwordOfShannarah
10-20-2007, 09:22 PM
LOL!! Your question is whether a blogger who wrote the article that you quoted from Lew Rockwell's blog, or a grassroots website such as The Daily Paul, is closer to the campaign than me? ANSWER: NO. Neither one of these are the Ron Paul PCC. Are they? No. :rolleyes:

What colors? Because I remark about the sheer number of threads that have been started on this one topic, I am somehow being unfaithful to Ron Paul. LOL!!! :D:D

No, colors because you didn't need to bother posting at all. Your post is nothing but bitchiness about non-important stuff. I'm asking people to stop fighting in the post, yet you come here trying to create more animosity. Those colors.

Is Lew Rockwell a part of the campaign? No- but he is close with them. Very close. You're trying to deny that my point had meaning or relevance?

btw- all your LOL's remind me of "The Hillary Cackle". But it looks good on you.

robatsu
10-20-2007, 09:25 PM
I thought the Lew Rockwell spin was pretty clever, fwiw, and I'm not a big fan of the v business.

LibertyEagle
10-20-2007, 09:32 PM
No, colors because you didn't need to bother posting at all. Your post is nothing but bitchiness about non-important stuff. I'm asking people to stop fighting in the post, yet you come here trying to create more animosity. Those colors.

Oh, I see. Because I dared say that we need to be careful not to imply that this effort was instigated by the campaign, I'm somehow some kind of traitor?

Is Lew Rockwell a part of the campaign? No- but he is close with them. Very close. You're trying to deny that my point had meaning or relevance?

Yeah, that would about sum it up.
Lew Rockwell didn't write the blog post, big boy. Go check your source.

btw- all your LOL's remind me of "The Hillary Cackle". But it looks good on you.
Whatever floats your boat. :rolleyes:

Original_Intent
10-20-2007, 09:41 PM
You are both pretty funny.

I like the Nov 5 thing and am contributing to it, but seriously LE has a valid point I am so tired of so many threads about it. I would say her guess of ten was conservative. I think it was at least ten threads ago that I posted the PLEASE NO MORE NOV 5TH!!!! post. oh well.

I think it is cool that LewRockwell and the Daily Paul picked up on it.

I think it is cool that we might have a shot of having a 1 million dollar or more day.

I think most of the naysayers are pretty silly with their hand-wringing.

I think I have told you enough about what I think.

CasualApathy
10-20-2007, 09:41 PM
LibertyEagle, SwordOfShannarah, why all this anger? Are you really that far from eachother on this that you can't be calm and reasonable about it instead of trying to misunderstand eachother?

Spirit of '76
10-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah, seriously. Let's talk about something important...

...like Tucker Carlson.

:D

The Good Doctor
10-20-2007, 09:46 PM
It is linked as a story on www.rense.com Jeff Rense's site.

And I am sure it will be linked to Alex Jones' site soon enough.

dircha
10-20-2007, 09:50 PM

I mean the NovemberThe5th site's campaign.

What else should I call it? Movement? Effort?

It says right on the site that it's not affiliated with the Official Campaign in any way.

LibertyEagle
10-20-2007, 09:59 PM
I mean the NovemberThe5th site's campaign.

What else should I call it? Movement? Effort?

It says right on the site that it's not affiliated with the Official Campaign in any way.

You're fine, dircha. I was pretty sure what you meant. It's just that people who are not Ron Paul supporters might not. That's all I was saying. Yeah, movement, effort, fundraiser, whatever. Just not "campaign", because of the implications.