PDA

View Full Version : A TSA story of my own

Batman
11-22-2010, 06:19 PM
I'm not sure if this belongs in this section, I thought I might share a TSA story.

It happened back in summer. My wife lives in Houston and I live in San Jose. We met while we were still in college so it's been a long distance relationship for us. For cultural and religious reasons, and our parents we got married before we finished school so I only get to see my wife on holidays.

My wife loves chocolate, so I bought her the most expensive kind of chocolate I could before I left. At the airport I went through the scanner, patted down, then taken to the back where they stripped me and went through all of my luggage, my wallet down to my receipts, and checked some mail I was also carrying. They checked a Victoria's Secret bag that was private and went through the chocolate as well. I nearly missed my flight as a result and the attendants were upset, saying they were just waiting on me.

It wasn't until after I had arrived and we went through the gifts I had brought for my wife that I noticed half of the chocolate was missing. I wasn't quite sure how to respond to that or if I even had a right to complain, but it irks the hell out of me.

I don't know what it is. Either my Arabic-sounding name or maybe all the Ron Paul events I attended in the past. Somehow the airlines just don't like me.

Maximus
11-22-2010, 06:22 PM
Damn pigs...

They must have been plump from eating everyone's goodies.

GunnyFreedom
11-22-2010, 06:29 PM
:mad: these people have no shame

Cowlesy
11-22-2010, 06:32 PM
That's freaking terrible, Batman. Sorry to hear it --- hopefully she enjoyed the thoughtful chocolate that was left.

Dr.3D
11-22-2010, 06:39 PM
Next time, take along some chocolate with Exlax in it. :D

Batman
11-22-2010, 06:41 PM
She did, in fact. It's teuscher. She's kind of picky on chocolate. It has to be dark chocolate, really dark, but not like 85% cacao. And it has to have espresso. So only a handful of manufacturers can get it done right.

I'm probably just as picky when it comes to soda.

dannno
11-22-2010, 06:46 PM

:D

KCIndy
11-22-2010, 08:47 PM

I was thinking the same thing! :D

In addition to the groping and molesting, the TSA has become extremely proficient at stealing stuff from people's luggage. A friend of my recently flew and discovered, up on arrival at his destination, that his jacket was missing from his luggage. He couldn't figure out what had happened to it. I just rolled my eyes and said, "What do you think happened to it? The TSA goons stole it!"

He was apparently naive enough to think the TSA was just there to search for "bad" stuff. He knows better now.

speciallyblend
11-23-2010, 12:46 AM

hell screw that spike it with lsd:)