PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul vs. TSA Chief John Pistole on CNN Situation Room NOW!!

Anti Federalist
11-22-2010, 05:05 PM
Tune In.

RCA
11-22-2010, 05:06 PM
crap, I only have basic.

Thomas
recap plse

angelatc
did i miss it?

tsai3904
11-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Will be on later.

Sola_Fide
11-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Tube me! Quick!

low preference guy
11-22-2010, 05:13 PM
that's going to be intense...

Heimdallr
11-22-2010, 05:14 PM
It's on in a few minutes

low preference guy
11-22-2010, 05:15 PM
does anyone have a link to a stream?

AParadigmShift
11-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Tube me! Quick!

x1000!!!

:eek:

Heimdallr
11-22-2010, 05:21 PM
I hate how CNN always delays the stories. Now i have to wait for commercials :mad:

bubbleboy
http://channelsurfing.net/

good for sports and UFC too. enjoy :D

Freedom 4 all
I know you shouldn't judge a person by appearances, but does anyone else find Pistole to have a very pedophiley look about him?

Anti Federalist
11-22-2010, 05:23 PM
I know you shouldn't judge a person by appearances, but does anyone else find Pistole to have a very pedophiley look about him?

http://www.thevolunteer.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/pedobear1-300x300.jpg

TheTyke
11-22-2010, 05:25 PM
I was just thinking: Didn't they design a bear inspired by him?

KurtBoyer25L
11-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Anybody else just gettin a black screen on the channelsurfing link?

TheTyke
11-22-2010, 05:27 PM

Yes, I'm getting it too. CNN is usually marginally more interesting than this... :(

angelatc
11-22-2010, 05:28 PM
Try this? http://www.cnn.com/video/flashLive/live.html?stream=stream1

angelatc
11-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Ron Paul on Skype!

tsai3904
11-22-2010, 05:29 PM
On now.

Freedom 4 all
11-22-2010, 05:30 PM
I was just thinking: Didn't they design a bear inspired by him?

Lol, no. Pedobear was around long before this TSA bullshit. Although given his history, he is a perfect mascot for the TSA.

http://www.pedobear.org/

KurtBoyer25L
Firstly THANK YOU Angela...though this link regretfully is a live feed from a helicopter. Oh well, it's an upgrade from the black screen Tyke! :-)

bubbleboy

I think that there is a Flash update or plugin maybe. Im getting blackscreen with a CNN logo in bottom right.

Its on now. sorry bout that.

HOLLYWOOD
11-22-2010, 05:31 PM
nice!

MyLibertyStuff
11-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Sounds like an interesting bit. Waiting on tube

Freedom 4 all
11-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Ron Paul is killing it. Go Ron!!

bubbleboy
11-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Owned!

2young2vote
11-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Basically the lady was saying how she agrees that it can be humiliating and bad but she said that it is needed and that they are working on getting TSA employees properly trained. I just wish Ron's screen had better image quality. The Skype cam makes it look crappy and doesn't look as professional as it could be.

tremendoustie
Dang, first the hannity interview now this. Can someone please record this? I'm missing all the good stuff.

RSLudlum
They still don't get it.

WHY?

Heimdallr
11-22-2010, 05:37 PM
That was beyond frustrating :mad:

They just don't get it.

Bruno
11-22-2010, 05:45 PM
"I don't know why they want to kill us." - Stupid CNN advisor

Anti Federalist
11-22-2010, 05:47 PM
They still don't get it.

WHY?

I had to go take care of some business.

Why what?

Elaborate plz.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
11-22-2010, 05:53 PM
They just don't get it.

Believe me, they get it! They just do not give a shit!

CCTelander
11-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Believe me, they get it! They just do not give a shit!

This^^^^

RSLudlum
11-22-2010, 05:54 PM
I had to go take care of some business.

Why what?

Elaborate plz.

"I don't know why they want to kill us." - Stupid CNN advisor

RonPaulCult
11-22-2010, 05:57 PM
I need a youtube of this ASAMFP!

Fredom101
11-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Y
o
u
t
u
b
e
!

tekkierich
11-22-2010, 06:02 PM
tube!

LibertyMage
11-22-2010, 06:13 PM
They still don't get it.

WHY?

People are not inclined to get it when their paychecks rely on the status quo.

Maximus
11-22-2010, 07:05 PM
tube bump

GunnyFreedom
11-22-2010, 07:24 PM
the internet is a series of tubez....

Noob
11-22-2010, 07:59 PM
nice!
Be great for a billboard and bumper stickers.

Remember this bill is still around “No Fly, No Buy Act” (HR 2401

http://noworldsystem.com/2009/05/26/total-gun-control-under-obama-administration/

Rahm Emanuel, if you are on No Fly List, No Gun!

YouTube - Rahm Emanuel, if you are on No Fly List, No Gun! Alex Jones Film, The Obama Deception (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJBZZKlvrP4)

TXcarlosTX
11-22-2010, 08:38 PM
nada?

Michael Landon
11-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Tube?

- ML

Uriel999
11-22-2010, 08:48 PM
what has the ron paul grassroots come to when it takes over 3 hours to get a damned youtube up!

jrskblx125
11-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Tubes!!!!!!!! Pedotubes!!!!!!

Bruno
11-22-2010, 08:51 PM
what has the ron paul grassroots come to when it takes over 3 hours to get a damned youtube up!

Lol

FSP-Rebel
11-22-2010, 10:03 PM
For real, no tubez?

devil21
11-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Nothing on Youtube or CNN's website yet.

LibertyMage
11-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Does anyone have the contact information for Mox News?

jclay2
11-22-2010, 10:33 PM
Nothing on Youtube or CNN's website yet.

yeah, and who in their right mind would pre-record Wolf Blitzer and the situation room.

Philhelm
11-22-2010, 10:48 PM
Well, I have managed to find this, but it's quite the long read:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1011/22/sitroom.02.html

Philhelm
11-22-2010, 10:55 PM
I scanned through the transcript and posted the segment with Ron Paul and John (Sex) Pistole. I've also reformatted and edited it a bit, so that it would be easier to read.

MALVEAUX: Again, we are talking about aggravation at the airports. Are pat-downs just something that you're going to have to put up with? I'm going to talk security vs. privacy with TSA Administrator John Pistole and Congressman Ron Paul. Well, between body scans and frisking, airport screeners have touched a nerve among the traveling public -- the result, an uproar over pat-downs. Joining me here is CNN national security contributor Fran Townsend. She was homeland security adviser to President George W. Bush and serves on the Homeland Security Advisory Board. And from Texas via Skype, Republican Congressman Ron Paul. Thank you so much, both of you, for joining us here in THE SITUATION ROOM. I want to start off with you, Congressman. There is -- the TSA has put an announcement out for travelers who are traveling over the holiday weekend, saying, if you have to have one of those enhanced pat-downs, it would take place in a private area, and that they could be accompanied by someone to watch what was actually happening, what was taking place. Does that give you any comfort in thinking that perhaps people would not feel as violated, as disturbed by that intimate process?

REP. RON PAUL (R), TEXAS: Well, I think they should feel violated. All you have to do is look at some of the pictures. And the people are outraged over it. I mean, they don't -- they're not feeling safer because of it. They just feel like the government has overstepped their bounds. They don't want to be X-rayed. There's still some questions about X-rays. There's questions about malfunctions of the X-rays. And there's no evidence that this is going to make anybody any safer. And, actually, there's some -- been some pretty good bomb experts that actually testified that the bomb from the underwear bomber, the material he had, he had a long way to go before he would have ever been able to explode something. Yet I would say this is an understatement that we have overreacted to what happened a year ago.

MALVEAUX: Fran, you understand security intimately from the ground up. Tell us, does this make a difference here? Is the congressman right when he says this really doesn't matter?

TOWNSEND: No. I mean, let's be clear. The same bomb-maker who made the Christmas-day Detroit attempted bomb, the guy with the bomb in his underwear, is the same one who was behind this most recent package -- packages coming out of Yemen. It's a sophisticated bomb-maker. And the government is rightly worried that, as he adapts, that they may not be able to catch it. And so while there's been many problems with the way the government has gone about explaining what they're doing and training their employees to do it properly, let's be careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater. That is, we do have to be very careful during a period of increased threat to make sure that we're appropriately screening. Now, I think the government understands they haven't gone about this very well. And John Pistole went out on Sunday and issued a statement saying they're going to be mindful to try and be less -- as least intrusive as possible. I think they've got a long way to go to convince the American people this is right. But what we don't want to do is intimidate them into not doing it at all.

MALVEAUX: Congressman, you're shaking your head. Why?

PAUL: Well, you know, we're dealing with a created problem. It's a manufactured problem. I mean, we got to look at it in the proper perspective. First, you can't have perfect safety. Another thing is the odds of any person in this country getting killed by a terrorist is less than getting struck by lightning. I mean, just think. In the last ten years, things have done pretty well because they put a gun in the cockpit and they locked the door. But to destroy our liberties, throw away the Constitution, don't care about the Fourth Amendment and cavalierly say, well, the people want to be safe, it's good to sacrifice our liberties and on and on. But, you know, there's no going back on this. This one -- the government gets away with a lot. They won't pay attention to all the killing going on overseas. They get confused about the financial crisis. And I'll tell you what, this prodding, the people have had it, and they're not going to put up with it. I think it's a great issue to call the attention to the American people how abusive our government is. They're supposed to protect our liberties. They're not supposed to be engaged in destroying our liberties.

MALVEAUX: Fran, those are pretty serious accusations.

TOWNSEND: Well, Suzanne, let's be clear. The congressman says that this is a manufactured problem. It's a problem manufactured by our enemies and al Qaeda, who have been trying to blow up airplanes, whether it's in the cargo...

PAUL: Why? Why do they want to come after us? Did you ever ask that question?

TOWNSEND: I don't really care why. If I'm flying on a plane, I want to be safe.

PAUL: You've got to ask that. That's why we're not getting anywhere. You've got to find out why. You know, that we're over there fighting a war against the Taliban. The Taliban, they're not even part of the al Qaeda. But we're -- we're spending trillions of dollars trying to kill Taliban, creating more al Qaeda. If you don't ask that question...

TOWNSEND: The Taliban is very closely aligned to al Qaeda and to their methods in terms of attacking and targeting the United States. Look, when I say that, I don't care. We have to be clear that this is -- they have obsessed -- al Qaeda is obsessed with aviation. They want to target it, and they want to kill Americans. And so the government has an obligation to act against that.

MALVEAUX: Congressman, you -- you're talking about the...

PAUL: ... without our clothes on, then. That's what you're doing. The kids are having to take their clothes off. Why does a woman have to remove her breast implant in order for somebody to be guaranteed that she's not a bomber? This is insanity. This is not logic.

TOWNSEND: Congressman, I agree with you that those examples are egregious. Congressman, I agree with you. Those examples are...

PAUL: ... throw out the baby with the wash -- with the wash.

MALVEAUX: Let's let Fran respond, please. Fran, go ahead.

TOWNSEND: I agree with the congressman, Suzanne, that those examples that he cites are egregious. And what we hope that -- is that those are the exceptions. And TSA has got a responsibility to ensure those are the exceptions and that action is taken against the most egregious violations that are not consistent with their own policies. They've got to make sure people are appropriately trained and that these -- these searches are not an opportunity for abuse. So he and I are in agreement on that. The government has a very severe responsibility to ensure that.

MALVEAUX: I'm going to have to leave it at that. Congressman Ron Paul, we appreciate your time, as well as Fran Townsend. And we want to let our viewers know that we will be able to speak with the head of the TSA, John Pistole, very shortly after this break.

(Discussion about the Iraq war veteran who was banned from his college for writing an essay about killing in combat.)

MALVEAUX: We are going to get more on the controversy raging over the airport security pat-downs. The head of the TSA is going to join us live, up next. Back to our top story: the backlash over tough security measures at the nation's airports. Some passengers will face body scans. Others may get patted down by screeners. Now, while most accept these measures as necessary in the face of an ongoing terror threat, others are outraged. Joining me now, TSA administrator John Pistole. Thank you so much for joining us in THE SITUATION ROOM. You were at the White House this afternoon. Tell us why.

JOHN PISTOLE, TSA ADMINISTRATOR: Well, the whole purpose is to address the current threat environment that we're dealing with and the security protocols that we have in place to address those security threats, trying to make sure that we are doing everything we can while respecting the privacy of the traveling public. So that blending of privacy and security and how best do we calibrate that in each situation?

MALVEAUX: Who did you talk to? Can you tell us?

PISTOLE: Just senior advisers at the White House and other agencies.

MALVEAUX: Is there -- was the president involved in these conversations?

PISTOLE: The president was involved in conversations about this, but I was not in that conversation.

MALVEAUX: Is the president happy with the job that you've been doing, in communicating these kind of screening measures and why they're necessary?

PISTOLE: Well, I would, of course, defer to the president on that. But what's been related to me is, of course, that we are doing everything we can, again, to provide the best possible security, to make sure that people have a high level of confidence, that they will arrive at their destination, especially this week, with Thanksgiving, they'll arrive there safety and that we are doing all that while we're trying to respect the privacy of those individuals who have concerns about that.

MALVEAUX: I was in Lisbon, Portugal, at the NATO summit when the president was asked about this. And he said that he has been in constant communication with the TSA, specifically over the sensitivity of this issue, and trying to strike a balance. What is your understanding about the president and how he feels about the job you've been doing and what needs to happen to move forward?

PISTOLE: Well, look, the president is obviously focused on the security of the American people, to make sure that they don't get blown up in an airplane. And so that's -- that's the bottom line. The challenge is how can we do less invasive type of security at airports, as the president talked about? How can we do that in a meaningful fashion? So that's what I am reviewing now, to assess whether the current pat-downs are the best opportunity for doing that, using the best technology, the advanced imaging technology machines, to make sure that we are providing that best opportunity to detect and deter terrorists from committing catastrophic acts.

MALVEAUX: Will passengers see anything different during this holiday season and this very busy Thanksgiving travel that we're going to see over the next couple days? Will these enhanced pat-downs and these scanning take place, or will there be changes?

PISTOLE: No, the -- the public will see what we have been working on the last several weeks, in terms of they have the option to not go through the advanced imaging technology in the 70 or so airports where we have those machines. If they do opt out of that, then they receive a thorough pat-down to make sure we don't have a Christmas-day-type bomber. A non-metallic device concealed on his body. But I think if people go to the TSA.gov Web site, they'll have a lot of helpful information that will help prepare them. Because the best-informed traveler is the best way to get through the checkpoints safety, securely and on a timely basis to make sure they can make those flights.

MALVEAUX: Have you any intelligence that would indicate that these enhanced pat-downs are necessary at this time of travel, the timing of this, the fact that this is now the vacation, the Thanksgiving holiday?

PISTOLE: Well, of course we've been informed by a number of inspector general and GAO reports about successful covert testing, where undercover agents have been able to get through security over the last five years. And one of the issues is what steps have we taken, because one of the common findings is -- one of the common findings were -- was that we were not being thorough enough in our pat-downs.

MALVEAUX: Do we think that there's a threat that would happen during this period of time, this...

PISTOLE: So we know there is a current advisory for travel to Europe, and we know the same people who have an interest in attacking Europe have an interest in the U.S. We've seen a clear aviation focus, given last Christmas and then, of course, the cargo plot just here in the last month by the same bomb-maker. And so that is the concern, that they are targeting a holiday period. That's what we're dealing with.

MALVEAUX: I want to bring up the fact -- and I'm sure you've heard some of these stories. You know, obviously, there are TSA employees who are trying to do their jobs in a very dignified and professional way. There have been horror stories, quite frankly, from others who have experienced what they feel is sexual abuse and insensitivity. One man, in particular, who had bladder problems says that he had a pat-down by TSA officials. Here's what he told us on CNN's "AMERICAN MORNING" about his experience.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

THOMAS SAWYER, RETIRED TEACHER: It was embarrassed. I'm -- it's been three years for me, so I'm used to my urostomy now, but it's not something I like to show the world. I think one of the biggest fears for all urostomy patients is that we'll have a leak in public, let alone in an airport.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

MALVEAUX: Now, I understand that, because of the way that he was treated, he says he was covered in urine. It was very embarrassing for him. Have you reached out to him? I understand there are others that perhaps are due an apology.

PISTOLE: I did reach out for him, Suzanne, because I was concerned when I heard this report, because we -- our goal is to treat each and every traveler with dignity and respect. And if that doesn't happen, then obviously, I want to take corrective action. I wanted to get all the facts about the matter, so I did reach out for him. And his concern was that he tried to explain the situation to the security officer who did not want to pry into his personal life, and so he actually offered at the end of the conversation to help provide training to our officers from the standpoint of -- you have been informed if you encounter somebody like this with this type of external medical device, here's how you can best engage them. So it was a very helpful conversation.

MALVEAUX: OK. John Pistole, thank you so much. Head of the TSA. Good luck in this -- this week. Obviously, it's going to be a challenging one all around. Thank you. Really appreciate it.

tsai3904
11-22-2010, 11:09 PM
I scanned through the transcript and posted the segment with Ron Paul and John (Sex) Pistole

He debated Frances Townsend. John Pistole appeared by himself on a segment after them.

jct74
11-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Thank you Mox News!

YouTube - RON PAUL PWNS FRAN TOWNSEND Dept Of Homeland Security (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FOVFX-qOfc)

Philhelm
11-22-2010, 11:29 PM
He debated Frances Townsend. John Pistole appeared by himself on a segment after them.

Indeed, and I have posted both parts. It's a shame that it wasn't Ron Paul v. John Sexpistole though.

Dripping Rain
11-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Smack down!!!

Dripping Rain
11-22-2010, 11:44 PM
Thank you Mox News!

- RON PAUL PWNS FRAN TOWNSEND Dept Of Homeland Security

thanks dude.

DjLoTi
11-22-2010, 11:56 PM
That was great. Looks like he's working up his jab tactics for the 2012 election. I give him a 6 going on 7 for performance. But a 10 would be a perfect performance. If he can get to an 8 or 9, I'll be really happy

Nate-ForLiberty
11-23-2010, 12:11 AM
holy crap he f-ing destroyed her!!! wow!

ronpaulraps
11-23-2010, 12:30 AM
thanks for the video clip

Anti Federalist
11-23-2010, 12:33 AM
Indeed, and I have posted both parts. It's a shame that it wasn't Ron Paul v. John Sexpistole though.

Fuck fuck fuck...

I heard the newshead talking that the two of them would be on together before the segment.

I ran off to make this thread, and then got tied up in work and wasn't able to even watch the thing.

Sorry about the misleading headline....:(

CaseyJones
11-23-2010, 12:33 AM
Ty Mr Mox +rep

low preference guy
11-23-2010, 12:36 AM
Fuck fuck fuck...

I heard the newshead talking that the two of them would be on together before the segment.

I ran off to make this thread, and then got tied up in work and wasn't able to even watch the thing.

I wonder who cancelled that, because a Pistol vs. Ron Paul match would've sent ratings through the roof.

Probably the little Pistol guy chickened out.

Philhelm
11-23-2010, 01:38 AM
Fuck fuck fuck...

No harm. However, it would have been truly awesome to see the two duke it out.

Romulus
11-23-2010, 07:07 AM
Does anyone have the contact information for Mox News?

moxnews.com

please support HIM.

Thrashertm
11-23-2010, 07:56 AM
The Bush admin lackey - Fran Townsend, makes my ulcer hurt. She's obviously part of the neocons that will do anything to avoid acknowledging that our foreign policy has anything to do with terrorists' motivations. In her world-view, or at least the one she purports to have - the terrorists are crazy and just hate us for our freedom. So aggravating.

Aratus
11-23-2010, 12:24 PM
cnn done got ambitious?
hense the cancellation?

awake
11-23-2010, 12:39 PM
All I heard was; we can't be fired, we can't be fired, we can't be fired, we're looking in to it, we're doing bad things, we can't be fired. Ron shredded.

TNforPaul45
11-23-2010, 02:10 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

So I herdz that you are going through security? Pedobear Security Agency lol!!!