PDA

View Full Version : Amash willing to cut the defense budget

enrique
11-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Glad to hear Justin is willing to work (http://www.boston.com/yourtown/cambridge/articles/2010/11/21/frank_paul_make_a_case_for_pentagon_cuts/) with Ron Paul in cutting the defense budget. I'm curious what he's willing/interested in cutting but hearing any Republican mention it is refreshing. He's very saavy politically (at least he was in Lansing) and will use the current situation to sell his small government positions to a broad audience. Maybe not as in your face as Ron Paul but his style is an important one to have in Washington on our side.

“If you want to be serious about cutting the federal budget, we have to look at the Pentagon budget,’’ said Justin Amash, a newly elected libertarian-leaning Republican House member from Michigan who said he admires Ron Paul and met with him Tuesday.

Michigan11
11-22-2010, 10:13 AM
That took guts for him to say. I believe he is going to be gaining more and more attention from not only the media but also the freedom movement around the country. I still think there are so many in this movement who still haven't found out about him yet. Sort of like how few here knew about Ron Paul until he ran for president in 07'.

Thomas
11-22-2010, 10:21 AM
I hope Rand adopts his Facebook vote explanation thing...

MRoCkEd
11-22-2010, 10:23 AM
I hope Rand adopts his Facebook vote explanation thing...
+1

Would be cool for Ron to do that too

Thomas
11-22-2010, 10:25 AM
+1

Would be cool for Ron to do that too

we should send emails/calls to them asking them to

enrique
11-22-2010, 01:59 PM
I wonder if the posting votes/explaining things was one of the things that Amash told Ron Paul about? Information can go both ways. It's a great way to get your information out and bypass the lame media who misquote you or ignore much of what you do.

brenden.b
11-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Amash actually posted his quote on Facebook about supporting cuts in the defense budget, and he had a few people giving him noise about it. To his credit he defended his position on Facebook against the nay-sayers.

Not to mention he has publicly criticized the TSA on Facebook via posting Ron Paul's "Enough is Enough" speech.

Amash hasn't even been sworn in yet and I can already tell he is going to be one hell of a Congressman.

Fozz
11-25-2010, 12:11 AM
This doesn't surprise me. Ever since Amash won his primary, I knew he would be just like Ron, or closer to Ron than anyone else in the House.

lx43
11-26-2010, 08:37 PM
Anyone knows by how much he wants to cut?

biles1234
12-01-2010, 01:14 PM
"It's important to recognize that the greatest determinant of a country's military strength is not the percentage of its budget spent on defense but rather the economic prosperity of its people. North Korea, for example, spends an absurdly high percentage of its budget on military expenditures, yet it remains economically poor and militarily weak." - Justin Amash

Well said, Justin.