PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry: Social Security is a Ponzi Scheme

nate895
11-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Social Security by definition is a Ponzi scheme that even master swindler Charles Ponzi would feel badly about, Texas Gov. Rick Perry said Sunday, arguing that the federal government should turn over block grants to states to run entitlement programs.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/11/21/texas-gov-perry-mr-ponzi-feel-bad-social-security-scheme/

Give credit where credit is due. Perry is 110% right on this one.

Southron
11-21-2010, 03:31 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/11/21/texas-gov-perry-mr-ponzi-feel-bad-social-security-scheme/

I agree that he is correct.

But I have the feeling he is just trying to set himself up for a Presidential run.

FrankRep
11-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Yep.

Ponzi Schemes and Social Security (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/economy/commentary-mainmenu-43/2669-ponzi-schemes-and-social-security)

More than $16 billion of investors’ money evaporated in Ponzi schemes in 2009, according to the Associated Press, but that does not take into account the biggest Ponzi scheme of all — Social Security. By Bob Adelmann

payme_rick
11-21-2010, 03:32 PM
I'm not giving that piece of shit would-be property-thief credit for saying something we all know and something even rino republicans have been saying a couple of years now...

comments like this make me think he's gunna run for prez in '12/'16... it's an echo-chamber item... true of course, but meant for effect and to put some eggs in different baskets...

nate895
11-21-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm not giving that piece of shit would-be property-thief credit for saying something we all know and something even rino republicans have been saying a couple of years now...

comments like this make me think he's gunna run for prez in '12/'16... it's an echo-chamber item... true of course, but meant for effect and to put some eggs in different baskets...

Did I ever say anything different? Of course it's meant for political gain. However, it is still the proper thing and he admits it. Therefore, I'm going to congratulate him on at least admitting the system is flawed to begin with.

HOLLYWOOD
11-21-2010, 03:40 PM
I agree that he is correct.

But I have the feeling he is just trying to set himself up for a Presidential run.

AND push the GOP agenda... Perry 100% party first, political hack. Another data point for the other half to use for their game plan.

payme_rick
11-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Did I ever say anything different? Of course it's meant for political gain. However, it is still the proper thing and he admits it. Therefore, I'm going to congratulate him on at least admitting the system is flawed to begin with.

You said give credit where credit is due... and I said I'm not going to because it's an echo-chamber item and something even neocons have already discussed in great detail in the past...

"Hey, that bucket over there holds water!"...

"Wow, Rick, great observation... my hats off to you!"...

To me this means Rick may run and #2 the republicans are finding something else to talk about...

If something actually gets DONE, then it's time for handing out congrats...

Patrick Henry
11-21-2010, 03:54 PM
I am so tired of folks like Perry coming out and saying all of this stuff. Just look at all of the liberty folks who have been saying all of this stuff for pretty much decades. I guess that I should be glad that finally people are saying and talking about all of this, but many folks who are now pretending that they are somehow patriots and followers of the constitution are the same people who have mocked and ridiculed folks like the good Doctor. I guess that I should just be happy that finally our views (the views of liberty) are finally being pushed towards he mainstream, but it is really hard for me.

payme_rick
11-21-2010, 03:57 PM
I am so tired of folks like Perry coming out and saying all of this stuff. Just look at all of the liberty folks who have been saying all of this stuff for pretty much decades. I guess that I should be glad that finally people are saying and talking about all of this, but many folks who are now PRETENDING that they are somehow patriots and followers of the constitution are the same people who have mocked and ridiculed folks like the good Doctor. I guess that I should just be happy that finally our views (the views of liberty) are finally being pushed towards he mainstream, but it is really hard for me.

exactly...

sailingaway
11-21-2010, 04:00 PM

He stole it from Rand, who said it ten years ago but was widely 'credited' with saying it this year.

Social security is a ponzi scheme but participants were forced to 'invest' at the end of the government's gun, which has ramifications. But, obviously, it is a ponzi scheme.

Perry is still an internationalist tool, however. You note that it wasn't until Rand WON talking about reforming entitlements that the others dared to 'seem bold'.

RileyE104
11-21-2010, 04:39 PM
He stole it from Rand, who said it ten years ago but was widely 'credited' with saying it this year.

Social security is a ponzi scheme but participants were forced to 'invest' at the end of the government's gun, which has ramifications. But, obviously, it is a ponzi scheme.

Perry is still an internationalist tool, however. You note that it wasn't until Rand WON talking about reforming entitlements that the others dared to 'seem bold'.

I learned from Peter Schiff awhile back about how the SSS is a ponzi scheme.
Mr. Perry is rather late to the bus on this one. Pandering? Obviously.
However, at least our points are making it to the mainstream.
I just hope it's not all for deceptive purposes.

TruckinMike
11-21-2010, 04:55 PM
I am so tired of folks like Perry coming out and saying all of this stuff. Just look at all of the liberty folks who have been saying all of this stuff for pretty much decades. I guess that I should be glad that finally people are saying and talking about all of this, but many folks who are now pretending that they are somehow patriots and followers of the constitution are the same people who have mocked and ridiculed folks like the good Doctor. I guess that I should just be happy that finally our views (the views of liberty) are finally being pushed towards he mainstream, but it is really hard for me.

Rick Perry, of trans-texas corridor and gardasil fame.... A giant sized conservative FRAUD!
... But a good one, oh, and nice hair too.:D

TMike from Texas!

rich34
11-21-2010, 05:35 PM

Sure he's right, but his solution would be pure big government bullshit!

Heimdallr
11-21-2010, 05:40 PM
He hears everyone else calling it a "Ponzi scheme", and it seems to get good results. So he thinks "hey Rick, why don't you do that too?".

CaseyJones
11-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Rick Perry is a Ponzi Scheme!

Rick Perry said Sunday, arguing that the federal government should turn over block grants to states to run entitlement programs.

he just want to maintain his lavish lifestyle

http://culturemap.com/newsdetail/05-17-10-rick-perry-loves-decorating-not-that-theres-anything-wrong-with-that/

And then there's Texas Governor Rick Perry, who in the midst of a budget shortfall exceeding $18 billion, splurges $10,000 a month on a posh pad in the Austin hills overlooking the state capital. According to documents recently obtained by The Associated Press, the rent covers the five-bedroom, seven-bath mansion, which is expertly appointed with pecan-wood floors, a gourmet kitchen and three dining rooms, where the governor has dropped $130,000 for lavish, alcohol-drenched parties.

buck000
11-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Politifact.com (http://politifact.com/personalities/rick-perry/) says Perry was wrong. Of course. :) I can see their point, that it perhaps is not strictly the criminal operation that the original Ponzi scheme is, but they don't seem to get that the mechanism and results are the same...

james1906
11-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Little bitch is afraid of coyotes.

nate895
11-21-2010, 08:36 PM
Politifact.com (http://politifact.com/personalities/rick-perry/) says Perry was wrong. Of course. :) I can see their point, that it perhaps is not strictly the criminal operation that the original Ponzi scheme is, but they don't seem to get that the mechanism and results are the same...

Yeah, they're point about it not being a Ponzi scheme is to basically say that Ponzi scheme equals "get-rich-quick" schemes. Social Security would work if we lived in a society that reproduced healthily and died young, but today we have few children and die really old. That is what makes Social Security unsustainable.

In a technical sense, Social Security was not a Ponzi scheme when it was setup (that doesn't make it right). However, it became one the day we knew that there would be fewer workers paying for more retired people than practicable for a transfer payment system and the SSA did not shut it down or at least immediately warn every person expecting benefits that they may not receive as much as expected.

In the end, the best way to provide a safe retirement is individual investment and having strong, healthy family relationships.

rp4prez
11-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Perry is a joke. I wouldn't believe one word that comes out of that mouth.