PDA

View Full Version : News on the Atlas Shrugged movie!

MyLibertyStuff
11-21-2010, 03:04 AM
Just wanted to update everyone on the Atlas Shrugged film adaptation coming out in 2011.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480239/

From what IMDB says, the film is in post-production and due to come out sometime in 2011. I found a post by the screenwriter -

As the screenwriter of ATLAS SHRUGGED – PART ONE, I just wanted to let everyone know that I did my best to stay true to the spirit of Ayn Rand’s novel. For the most part people always seem to say that “the book was better” when they see a film adaptation. Really what they mean is that the movie was “different” – as it should be since it is another form of media. My job in adapting the first 336 pages into a 100 page script was to find the core of the story and tell it visually. ATLAS SHRUGGED was difficult because there is a lot of wonderfully intriguing things said in the book but if I put them all in the script it would have become a filmed dialogue. Not very cinematic, right?

Producer John Aglialoro fought through the Hollywood machine to keep a true-to-the-novel vision alive for this film. In the end, he chose to make the film independently. Those of you who have made films will understand what a monumental achievement that really is.

As for our “low budget”, hundreds of millions of dollars thrown at a movie does not guarantee a winner. We told our version of Ayn Rand’s novel independently and respectfully. We all worked very hard and produced something for everyone. I hope all of Ayn Rand's fans will appreciate that.

By this it looks like the grassroots may play a huge roll in the success of this movie. I would assume that the success of this one will determine if they make the next two.

You can keep up with updates and see photos and things and their Facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Atlas-Shrugged-The-Movie/144777702200729?v=wall

cindy25
11-21-2010, 05:28 AM
this should have been a mini-series, a movie is too short

Gaius1981
11-21-2010, 06:45 AM
They're going with three movies. The first one will end with Wyatt's Torch.

You can view multiple pictures and behind the scenes videos on the movie's Facebook page.

LibertyMage
11-21-2010, 08:49 AM

You can view multiple pictures and behind the scenes videos on the movie's Facebook page.

That is pretty bad ass.

WilliamShrugged
11-21-2010, 09:58 AM
Thats great!

RCA
11-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Step 1: See Tron Legacy
Step 2: See Atlas Shrugged Part 1

MyLibertyStuff
11-21-2010, 12:08 PM

I dont think the second or third will be made unless the grassroots plays a large part in promoting it. They had somewhere between a $5m and a $15m budget, so I would guess they want to at least break even before producing any more movies out of pocket.

Ethek
11-21-2010, 01:12 PM
Perfect timing, right before 2012