PDA

View Full Version : How Can Bush Open A Library When His Papers Remain Secret?

Agorism
11-20-2010, 01:42 PM
http://irregulartimes.com/index.php/archives/2010/11/16/how-can-bush-open-a-library-when-his-papers-remain-secret

How Can Bush Open A Library When His Papers Remain Secret?
posted 16th November 2010 in Activism, Barack Obama, George W. Bush by Peregrin Wood

This morning, protesters will assemble in a demonstration outside the opening ceremonies for George W. Bush’s presidential library and the new Bush Institute – a think tank inspired by Bush’s presidency.

One of the protest’s leaders, Hadi Jawad, questions what the Bush presidential library could possibly contain, given that much of Bush’s presidency was conducted in secret, and remains secret. He says, “President Obama talks about turning the page and not looking backward, but I am baffled by that kind of talk… How can we move forward without understanding what we have read?”

Jawad’s call for more information is especially important in the wake of George W. Bush’s recent admission that he personally ordered waterboarding torture to be inflicted on prisoners. Congressman Jerrold Nadler has called for the appointment of a special prosecutor, but the Obama Administration appears to have ignored the request, preferring to work with Republicans rather than to hold them accountable.

The presidential library and institute were created using money that George W. Bush gathered from wealthy and powerful sources while he was still President. That arrangement makes the facilities a monument to corruption.

If I were down in Texas, the protest I would make against George W. Bush’s presidential library would be to bring in my own exhibit: A black box, with no lid, labeled “secrets”.

Aratus
11-20-2010, 01:59 PM
have you seen the way the powers that be take a magic marker
to old ufo files? some sardonic censors revel in a guessing game...

Agorism
11-20-2010, 02:01 PM
bigfoot?

acptulsa
11-20-2010, 02:25 PM
How could he hold a political rally and selectively exclude people who show up from participating? Is that any way to run a political campaign in a free nation? Yet he did just that...