PDA

View Full Version : I demand that you only raise money for Dr. Paul in a way that I approve!

Taco John
10-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Good Grief!

Get a grip people! This is a DECENTRALIZED CAMPAIGN. That means there are going to be groups of people working in ways that WORK FOR THEM.

Instead of bithcing about other people's efforts and trying to censor and drag them down (the supidity of it all), why don't you START YOUR OWN EFFORT.

Quit pissing on the efforts of others! You guys are pulling in the wrong direction when you try to mommy us all. Get off your high horses and start your own efforts if you don't like it. It's called competition.

Harry96
10-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Haha, thanks! I'm sick of people whining about this V campaign, and I'm obviously not the only one. Yes, I'm sure people that have already started a movement on their own that's well underway are going to cancel or change it because a random stranger here or there on some message board disapproves.

robatsu
10-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Good Grief!

Get a grip people! This is a DECENTRALIZED CAMPAIGN. That means there are going to be groups of people working in ways that WORK FOR THEM.

Instead of bithcing about other people's efforts and trying to censor and drag them down (the supidity of it all), why don't you START YOUR OWN EFFORT.

Quit pissing on the efforts of others! You guys are pulling in the wrong direction when you try to mommy us all. Get off your high horses and start your own efforts if you don't like it. It's called competition.

No kidding.

McDermit
10-20-2007, 05:58 PM
it's just common sense. Don't do shit that makes RP or his collective support base look bad.

Unfortunately, a lot of people here seem to lack common sense.

BW4Paul
10-20-2007, 06:02 PM
it's just common sense. Don't do shit that makes RP or his collective support base look bad.
Yes. While I don't know and don't care what "works for you," I am certain that being compared to someone who blew up Parliament does NOT work for RP.

bbachtung
10-20-2007, 06:12 PM
Yes. While I don't know and don't care what "works for you," I am certain that being compared to someone who blew up Parliament does NOT work for RP.

He ATTEMPTED to blow up Parliament and failed rather miserably.

Ozwest
10-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Fly by the seat of your pants, I say.

TyTodd
10-20-2007, 06:17 PM
I'm donating $25 to the campaign right now in a request that we stop talking about this issue! The Nov. 5th concept is a cool idea. If there are those of us that might like to see it pulled off with less of the V reference, it ain't going to happen, and since this is an independent effort the man / woman behind the fundraiser has every right to promote it as they see fit. Now, let's stop all the bitchin' on both sides and move forward. If there is one thing we ALL agree on, it's that it will take a tremendous effort to get our beloved Dr. Paul into the White House, where we truly need him!

By the way, I'm posting this in all of the '5th' threads, and I would suggest that anyone else tired of this issue help me cap the threads out with donation messages...

<Thank you very much for your donation of $25.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign...

Your confirmation number:
T64064-97181303.>

RP4ME
10-20-2007, 06:18 PM
Good Grief!

amen

EvilEngineer
10-20-2007, 06:26 PM
If you guys are looking for a way to raise more money, check out Yuwie. I Haven't checked out all of the options, but it basically pays you to blog and bring traffic to their site. I'm going to be blogging there on articles about Ron Paul, then donate anything I make from it to fund the campaign.

http://www.yuwie.com/yuwie.asp?r=174902

DrNoZone
10-20-2007, 06:28 PM

So the correlation we're trying to make then is that Ron Paul ATTEMPTED to win the Presidency but that he failed rather miserably? I still don't get why we would want to associate ourselves with Fawkes in any way.

jb4ronpaul
10-20-2007, 06:29 PM
I demand all you people who don't fall 100% in line with everyone idea anyone comes up with stop expressing your opinion. The last think we want is a healthy debate with lots of people expressing different opinions about what will work best to get Dr. Paul elected.

dircha
10-20-2007, 06:34 PM

"failed rather miserably?"

After successfully concealing their activities for months, all the explosives were in place, and the attack would have succeeded had Fawkes not been captured just hours before the attack was to occur as he was making final preparations.

If a building in the U.S. had already been wired with explosives and authorities stopped the conspirator charged with detonating the explosives only hours before the attack was to occur, hiding in the car garage under the building, I don't think we would say they "failed rather miserably".

Ozwest
10-20-2007, 06:35 PM
THEY HAVE OVER 4000 DONORS SIGNED UP! Who cares if it's tied up with Guy Fawkes night, V for Vendetta, or Debbie does Dallas...

The Good Doctor
10-20-2007, 06:37 PM
It's the concept. It's all about the government lying to you and the people standing up to take back their country. It's about uniting the country again based on the founding principles. How freaking hard is it to see the comparisons? Have you even watched the movie?

Fawkes failed at blowing up Parliment. But V did not. And we are talking symbolically here anyway.

The idea is just to have a one day large influx of donations. And what the heck is wrong with that?

So the correlation we're trying to make then is that Ron Paul ATTEMPTED to win the Presidency but that he failed rather miserably? I still don't get why we would want to associate ourselves with Fawkes in any way.

Mortikhi
10-20-2007, 06:40 PM
I think all the naysayers should just stfu. Just my opinion.

dircha
10-20-2007, 06:41 PM

No, we are saying that in the spirit of the original conspirators, and in the vein of Fawkes' popularization in V for Vendetta, on November 5th, through our donations we will deliver a blow to the political establishment that will reverberate through the political and national consciousness of the nation.

Those who have pledged to donate on November the 5th have already done more for Ron Paul than you ever will trying to tear fellow supporters down for refusing to fall in line with your misguided delusions of authority.

CurtisLow
10-20-2007, 06:43 PM
If you guys are looking for a way to raise more money, check out Yuwie. I Haven't checked out all of the options, but it basically pays you to blog and bring traffic to their site. I'm going to be blogging there on articles about Ron Paul, then donate anything I make from it to fund the campaign.

http://www.yuwie.com/yuwie.asp?r=174902

I don't think it's going to be anything big $$$$

The Good Doctor
10-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Very well put.

No, we are saying that in the spirit of the original conspirators, and in the vein of Fawkes' popularization in V for Vendetta, on November 5th, through our donations we will deliver a blow to the political establishment that will reverberate through the political and national consciousness of the nation.

Those who have pledged to donate on November the 5th have already done more for Ron Paul than you ever will trying to tear fellow supporters down for refusing to fall in line with your misguided delusions of authority.

DrNoZone
10-20-2007, 06:45 PM

Oh? No they won't, because my donations and local activism add up to MUCH more than the $100 they're pledging.

And this isn't about authority. I've never once demanded the site be taken down or any other authoritarian thing. I've only expressed my opinion; take it or leave it.

Taco John
10-20-2007, 08:52 PM
THEY HAVE OVER 4000 DONORS SIGNED UP! Who cares if it's tied up with Guy Fawkes night, V for Vendetta, or Debbie does Dallas...

We're looking at a $400,000 dollar day already, and we STILL have people whining that they don't like it. That's just amazing.

I personally don't care for Fawkes either. But he doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is RAISING MONEY. If we don't hit double digits by January, IT'S OVER, PEOPLE. Fizzled out and done...

Get a grip already. This is about raising money for Ron Paul, it's not about Guy Fawkes. The movie is going to resonate with young people. Good for them! If you want to start a movement that attracts older folks to donate PLEASE DO! GET STARTED RIGHT AWAY!

Quit wasting your time and effort on STOPPING a fundraiser that already has 4000 committed people ready to drop nearly half a million on the campaign in a single day.

DrNoZone
10-20-2007, 09:16 PM
We're looking at a $400,000 dollar day already, and we STILL have people whining that they don't like it. That's just amazing.

I personally don't care for Fawkes either. But he doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is RAISING MONEY. If we don't hit double digits by January, IT'S OVER, PEOPLE. Fizzled out and done...

Get a grip already. This is about raising money for Ron Paul, it's not about Guy Fawkes. The movie is going to resonate with young people. Good for them! If you want to start a movement that attracts older folks to donate PLEASE DO! GET STARTED RIGHT AWAY!

Quit wasting your time and effort on STOPPING a fundraiser that already has 4000 committed people ready to drop nearly half a million on the campaign in a single day.

Well, this presumes people will actually follow through. It's VERY easy to input your email address and hit send; not so easy to cough up $100. I hope it succeeds, I really do. And I hope there's ZERO bad press from it. And I hope if there is bad press that RP doesn't decide to refund all of the money because it made a bad impression.

That said, I will likely donate on the 5th as well, but I won't be signing the pledge.

SpicyItalian739
10-20-2007, 09:18 PM
Wasn't the Boston Tea Party a terrorist act? Most people don't even know who Guy Fawkes was anyways, I don't see the big deal in this. Instead of pandering to peoples' misconceptions, we need to EDUCATE them if we ever wish to overcome the mindset of apathy to enlightenment out there.

This is like saying if we all donate on Halloween that the Jehovas Witnesses will be upset because Halloween is the Devil's Holiday...

max
10-20-2007, 09:19 PM
cant believe that some of you are actually worried that people will be afraid of ron paul because of a fundraising gimmick organized by people not part of the officiial campaign....You guys are acting as if Hitler's Birthday was chosen as the big day....lighten up man...

will you stop living in fear of the damn media!....Boldness will win this thing...not girlie man handwringing

This is creative...it's fun...and it will raise a ton of cash....

The media smear attacks are coming anyway and there is NOTHING you will be able to do to stop it....believe me, anyone so uptight and weak that they would be "turned off" by this ISN'T AN RP VOTER ANYWAY..

Focus on the MILLIONS of non-voting, disgruntled Americans who really would like a V scenario....Our key to victory is the 50% of the public that doesnt vote because they HATE politicians...

This V thing is perfect for them