PDA

View Full Version : Will Sen. Mike Lee be the next Champion of the Constitution? Could be!

TheTyke
11-20-2010, 10:00 AM
Wow... this fellow really has a head on his shoulders. And he seems especially enthusiastic about working with Rand.

http://www.popmodal.com/video/6560/Mike-Lee-Senator-Elect-R-Utah-speaks-his-position-on-Health-Care-to-the-Federalist-Society

Pretty amazing that he replaced a sitting Republican senator... heh heh heh... McConnell is grieving the loss of his friend Sen. Bennett. :)

Cowlesy
11-20-2010, 10:20 AM
1.) Lee says he is looking for textualists in respect to the Constitution. WOOT!

2.) "Rand Paul and I are going to be great friends in the Congress." --- WOOOT!!!

cswake
11-20-2010, 10:34 AM
Imagine that, a Mormon that actually defends the Constitution and treats it the way that their faith believes. (Many Mormons I've met are neocons/social conservative types... and *cough*Mitt Romney*cough*)

JoshLowry
11-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Good stuff. I hope this snowball effect keeps going.

I like how Lee is selling the 10th amendment to the left without mentioning it.

james1906
11-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Who'd a thought in 2008 that KY and UT would be the catalysts?

Again, Chaffetz needs to challenge Hatch in '12.

MRoCkEd
11-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Forizzle!

Heimdallr
11-20-2010, 11:48 AM
This guy just has an aura of intelligence and charisma. Wonderful stuff.

Imperial
11-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Who'd a thought in 2008 that KY and UT would be the catalysts?

They have already sparred a bit in the press. Hatch declared that Chaffetz previously agreed not to primary him, but Chaffetz is denying that.

Chaffetz would be our easiest pickup opportunity. The convention process in Utah keeps the process cheaper than most Senate seats we have a shot at picking up (Texas, Missouri).

BTW, notice that Lee isn't using a teleprompter or anything.

anaconda
11-20-2010, 01:54 PM
My initial take on Lee is very favorable. He is one slick mo fo for suggesting that he doesn't necessarily believe in "less" government, but rather a movement away from the federal government to the states. This appeases the Democrats while restoring the Republic with a return to a Constitutional infrastructure.