PDA

View Full Version : Was Venturas Show Conspiracy Theory Made To Discredit Legit Theories?

AGRP
11-19-2010, 11:38 PM
The way it's produced (smoke, shadows, etc) and they really do go beyond in terms of thoughts and ideas. I'm watching it and one person goes "were the 9/11 hijackers hypnotized?" They're doing an entire show on hypnotizing people (manchurian candidates).

Ventura has a lot more highly credible information to prove things other than to throw out the idea that people were hypnotized to fly the planes into buildings. Not to say they have never hypnotized, but it just seems beyond how they would go the route of hypnotizing and planting chips into people to do things.

robertwerden
11-19-2010, 11:44 PM
His show makes people get interested and do their own research if they are actually interested in the subject.

Just like Alex Jones or the hundreds of other "entertainers" They just spark peoples interest and hopefully wake them up.

In the mid 20th century people used to question authority a lot more than they do now. People are dumbed down and it is about time shows like his get people out of the stupor they have been in for 60 plus years

ClayTrainor
11-19-2010, 11:46 PM
I would say the real motive behind the show is ultimately ratings, like every other show. The media will exaggerate the hell out of things, to get your interest.

Andrew-Austin
11-19-2010, 11:51 PM
The way it's produced (smoke, shadows, etc) and they really do go beyond in terms of thoughts and ideas. I'm watching it and one person goes "were the 9/11 hijackers hypnotized?" They're doing an entire show on hypnotizing people (manchurian candidates).

Ventura has a lot more highly credible information to prove things other than to throw out the idea that people were hypnotized to fly the planes into buildings. Not to say they have never hypnotized, but it just seems beyond how they would go the route of hypnotizing and planting chips into people to do things.

I think people perceive his show as being like those silly ghost shows. The type of ghost shows where they stand in a dark room and say "wooah, did you see that?" And the viewer audience is like "no, no I didn't". I mean sometimes it feels about that legitimate.
For example standing around way outside Area 51 isn't that credible. There is nothing to see, its silly.

AGRP
11-19-2010, 11:56 PM
I would say the real motive behind the show is ultimately ratings, like every other show. The media will exaggerate the hell out of things, to get your interest.

Cops gets great ratings and their production is essentially 100% organic. I really see no need to exaggerate facts/production/etc other than to have an ordinary person think "what's this cooky show?" "The 9/11 hijackers were hypnotized? HA! Crazy CTers!/Truthers/etc"

justinc.1089
11-19-2010, 11:56 PM
I don't think Ventura has full control over the content of the show, but only has a very strong influence over the content. Thats my opinion at least.

I think the show adds in some bizarre stuff just for ratings to appeal to tin foil hat wearing types of people.

The show is good overall. If it had some hidden agenda behind, like discrediting conspiracy theories that have strong evidence behind them, I don't think its really discrediting them very well, and is actually spreading awareness about them to more people than in human history.

For years my family swore 9/11 truthers were absolutely insane, and once Ventura finally got more than 2 minutes to talk while being interupted about 9/11, my dad FINALLY admitted it is possible the government did 9/11 to get the wars going. I cannot describe what a monumental feat that was Ventura accomplished.

Sadly, my dad needs the television to tell him what to think. It took a man on tv telling him 9/11 was an inside job when I had been saying that is a possibility for years now. But no... don't listen to people we know personally we can trust that are intelligent... trust the tv people. :rolleyes::mad::(

Heimdallr
11-20-2010, 08:55 AM

Ratings, ratings, ratings.

Nate-ForLiberty
11-20-2010, 08:58 AM
I don't think Ventura has full control over the content of the show, but only has a very strong influence over the content. Thats my opinion at least.

I think the show adds in some bizarre stuff just for ratings to appeal to tin foil hat wearing types of people.

The show is good overall. If it had some hidden agenda behind, like discrediting conspiracy theories that have strong evidence behind them, I don't think its really discrediting them very well, and is actually spreading awareness about them to more people than in human history.

For years my family swore 9/11 truthers were absolutely insane, and once Ventura finally got more than 2 minutes to talk while being interupted about 9/11, my dad FINALLY admitted it is possible the government did 9/11 to get the wars going. I cannot describe what a monumental feat that was Ventura accomplished.

Sadly, my dad needs the television to tell him what to think. It took a man on tv telling him 9/11 was an inside job when I had been saying that is a possibility for years now. But no... don't listen to people we know personally we can trust that are intelligent... trust the tv people. :rolleyes::mad::(

Truth! i'm starting to believe that was the whole purpose of the invention of TV.

brandon
11-20-2010, 09:17 AM
Or were legit conspiracies made to discredit Jesse Ventura?

raistlinkishtar
11-20-2010, 11:00 AM
I notice he has never touches the Jewish question...why avoid that rich source of conspiracy?

You would think that a look into trying to discredit that Jews completely dominate our media would be worth a look. Perhaps he could debunk the theory that AIPAC runs our foreign policy? Maybe show how Jews are simply a powerless minority, a long suffering group that people make up conspiracies about?

no, huh? lol!

libertygrl
11-20-2010, 12:35 PM
My father and I were having a discussion about this show the other day. He can't believe that they are allowing it to air and thinks there has to be a motive behind it. He feels maybe the intent was to produce it in such a way that it looks like some kooky entertainment show that people would easily dismiss.

I personally haven't made up my mind completely yet, but maybe it has something to do with trying to instill a sense of hopelessness and despair into the minds of the population. What's the point of fighting back when they have everything under their control and new technologies to spy on us or wipe us out? I recall a video on YouTube where a former KGB agent admitted they used to do this to the population all the time. Make them feel hopeless and to just give up the fight.

Maybe years ago they wouldn't allow these issues to be televised because their agenda was still in the early stages. Who really knows? I wonder if Ventura was ever asked how a show like this was ever able to make it to tv.

AGRP
02-08-2011, 12:55 AM
Alan must have read this thread or my mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1EF4vP6gGs&NR=1

dannno
02-08-2011, 01:36 AM
My father and I were having a discussion about this show the other day. He can't believe that they are allowing it to air and thinks there has to be a motive behind it. He feels maybe the intent was to produce it in such a way that it looks like some kooky entertainment show that people would easily dismiss.

I think they let him do it because they thought he would make the conspiracy theories look more insane like your father said, but it is backfiring.

He has some pretty good episodes. I don't prefer the style of the show, but I am glad it is in that style because the target audience does enjoy it, it helps them pay attention better as well.

NewRightLibertarian
02-08-2011, 05:02 AM
I like how instead of debunking the conspiracies like most shows on TV do, he proves them to be accurate and often even worse than he imagined in the beginning.

BlackTerrel
02-08-2011, 05:19 AM
I think people perceive his show as being like those silly ghost shows. The type of ghost shows where they stand in a dark room and say "wooah, did you see that?" And the viewer audience is like "no, no I didn't". I mean sometimes it feels about that legitimate.
For example standing around way outside Area 51 isn't that credible. There is nothing to see, its silly.

Except there are tons of people who believe "those silly ghost shows". And I assume the same is true here.

Jim Casey
02-08-2011, 05:27 AM
CT w/JV = best tv show ever.

I notice he has never touches...
Forbidden discussion zone entered, gotta watch your back!