PDA

View Full Version : serious prositution question

The Notorious OMG
11-19-2010, 06:56 PM
****Not for the weak of stomach***************

The man pictured below was arrested in Miami on charges of soliciting a prositute. My question is.........why "this" man? How else would "this" guy get laid? Me, like most here, believes prositution is a victimless crime between two consulting adults; but even the most hardened believer in legislating morality should question this man being arrested.

picture coming......last warning

*****graphic****weird********don't scroll anymore

Ok my liberty loving brothers, here he is

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2010/11/500x_muuugshotside.jpg

http://miami.whosarrested.com/inmates/214613-carlos-rodriguez

Bruno
11-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Wow, poor guy. :(

Philosoraptor
11-19-2010, 06:58 PM
For the love of god, they need to cut that guy some slack.

Anti Federalist
11-19-2010, 06:59 PM
War vet?

amy31416
11-19-2010, 06:59 PM
Jesus, the poor fellow. Cops don't have a heart at all.

What do you suppose happened to him?

oyarde
11-19-2010, 07:01 PM

No idea , but the cop should be fired . Unfit for public service , clean your desk out .

low preference guy
11-19-2010, 07:03 PM
maybe some girl find him sexy. he looks like a badass in her eyes? but she'll have to be very focused on personality.

i don't think it is impossible for this guy to date a nice pretty girl.

The Notorious OMG
11-19-2010, 07:04 PM

I suppose he was arrested for trying to get laid.

Just kidding. I found this story and couldn't believe that the arresting officer didn't turn a blind eye. I suppose it's a birth defect, I don't know, but my Lord, let the guy feel normal for once

amy31416
11-19-2010, 07:07 PM
Just kidding. I found this story and couldn't believe that the arresting officer didn't turn a blind eye. I suppose it's a birth defect, I don't know, but my Lord, let the guy feel normal for once

Yeah, hard to say, he has several scars....shit. I just don't know how anyone could haul him in for this. Heartless bastards.

pacelli
11-19-2010, 07:07 PM
One man I used to know who had a chronic mental illness told me, "How else do you think people that look like me can get laid? We have to use prostitutes. And they are happy to take my money and get me off."

The Notorious OMG
11-19-2010, 07:10 PM
maybe some girl find him sexy. he looks like a badass in her eyes? but she'll have to be very focused on personality.

i don't think it is impossible for this guy to date a nice pretty girl.

Are you kidding me? Did u see that picture? He'll never get a girl unless he wears a hat 24/7. Well, maybe some female manatee impersonator, but good God.

I'm sure there's enough going on in Miami besides "Half-headed lonely men looking for love" to keep cops busy. Arresting Officer should be ashamed of himself

2young2vote
11-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Yeah, he shouldn't have gotten in trouble.

Does he have any mental disorders? If he doesn't then he could just wear a hat and nobody would know. He would probably be a decent looking guy if he just wore a hat and dropped the dumb smile.

oyarde
11-19-2010, 07:11 PM
One man I used to know who had a chronic mental illness told me, "How else do you think people that look like me can get laid? We have to use prostitutes. And they are happy to take my money and get me off."

Curious , how bad was his illness ? I have known some pretty crazy guys , they usually had nice girlfriends .

low preference guy
11-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Yeah, he shouldn't have gotten in trouble.

Does he have any mental disorders? If he doesn't then he could just wear a hat and nobody would know. He would probably be a decent looking guy if he just wore a hat and dropped the dumb smile.

does that smile suggest he might have mental issues?

http://miami.whosarrested.com/assets/mugshots/000/169/050/images/large.jpg

low preference guy
11-19-2010, 07:13 PM
is there surgery to "fill his head", make it look more round?

dannno
11-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Well most women seem to be under the impression that sex is just 'fun' for men, and there is no real inherent purpose or need for it, and they don't believe that it makes you healthier, mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Therefore, they just accept that some guys just won't get laid in the grand scheme of things and there is nothing they can do about it. Some people get filet mignon every night, others will never have that and are lucky to get hot dogs, no matter how hard they work for monetary gain, it just isn't in the cards since prostitution happens to be illegal (regardless of their position on prostitution).

The bottom line is that the vast majority of women don't feel bad at all for guys who can't get laid, I would be pretty surprised if this thread gets any sort of sympathetic posts from any of the women here. Women generally have a ridiculous amount of empathy for other individuals, at least more than men on average, except for when it comes to this topic for some reason. In fact, guys have a huge amount of empathy for other guys who can't get laid. I've certainly felt it for other guys, and many have for me. Look at trey4sports, he has dedicated at least a portion of his career towards this very issue:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=226522

I get a lot of shit on this site for speaking what I consider the truth on this topic, from a few of the women and even some of the men. The argument seems to be that what I say about the male sex drive doesn't make girls feel comfortable, and so that what I am saying is not furthering my personal goal of attracting more females. Of course, that's not why I'm here so that doesn't really concern me. But still, they are right, and that is precisely why many men who do get laid regularly have conditioned themselves against saying and/or believing a lot of these things because they realize it doesn't further their cause. So society seems to have adopted this position that guys don't really need to get laid ever, so fuck'em, and this is regardless of their position on whether prostitution should be legal or not.

dannno
11-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Wow my post was so long there have already been like 13 other posts..

I would be pretty surprised if this thread gets any sort of sympathetic posts from any of the women here.

Ok, thanks for proving me wrong on that one.

I still think my post has some major validity, though.

The Notorious OMG
11-19-2010, 07:15 PM
on a side note- I love when people smile for their Mug Shots.

In a bad situtation, your emotional options are "Laugh or Cry". I chose laugh 10 times out of 10

low preference guy
11-19-2010, 07:16 PM
dannno. whining about sex and women doesn't make you look good.

they don't have a responsibility to feel empathy for those who don't get laid, and who cares if any particular woman does?

i don't give a fuck if a particular woman gets laid or not.

amy31416
11-19-2010, 07:20 PM
The bottom line is that the vast majority of women don't feel bad at all for guys who can't get laid, I would be pretty surprised if this thread gets any sort of sympathetic posts from any of the women here. Women generally have a ridiculous amount of empathy for other individuals, at least more than men on average, except for when it comes to this topic for some reason. In fact, guys have a huge amount of empathy for other guys who can't get laid. I've certainly felt it for other guys, and many have for me. Look at trey4sports, he has dedicated at least a portion of his career towards this very issue:

Dannno, your reading comprehension sucks, and you ignore anything that may show that you're wrong. You generalize about women AND men constantly when it comes to relationships, as if you have some amazing insight.

You do not.

You are one of the few men I'd have zero sympathy for if he couldn't get laid, and that's because you're a blowhard and hold some exceedingly creepy views on the subject at hand.

Put me on ignore, it'll be easier for you.

amy31416
11-19-2010, 07:21 PM
I still think my post has some major validity, though.

There are what, five regularly active female posters on the forum? There are other women out there.

oyarde
11-19-2010, 07:23 PM
On a serious note , I will surmise if everyone was getting laid it would improve overall contentness .

2young2vote
11-19-2010, 07:24 PM
does that smile suggest he might have mental issues?

That is what i was thinking. I bet if there was a free market for prostitution he would be able to find prostitutes that specialize in the mentally retarded. They would probably be covered by medicaid or medicare, too.

The Notorious OMG
11-19-2010, 07:25 PM
There is no, absolutely no, comparision to the sex drive between men and women. It is impossible for a woman to understand the sex drive of men. For christ's sake, it's 8:30 now and I'm about to go bar to bar searching for a stranger to bang. It's not just me, every guy I see tonight will be on the same mission. Wish me luck fellas, btw-I'm not paying for it (other than buying beers) and I have an entire head :D

Zap!
11-19-2010, 07:25 PM
How is it possible to be alive while missing half your brain? He doesn't even appear to be a vegetable. Poor guy. :(

dannno
11-19-2010, 07:26 PM
dannno. whining about sex and women doesn't make you look good.

Ya I addressed that, which is, that I'm not here to get girls, I'd rather speak my mind.

i don't give a fuck if a particular woman gets laid or not.

I can empathize if that is what they really want.. though it is fairly uncommon to find a woman whose primary concern is 'getting laid'. Most want to date a nice guy and have a good relationship, sex is just sort of something that comes along with it that many women (especially nowadays it seems with so many on anti-depressants) are fairly indifferent to.

low preference guy
11-19-2010, 07:26 PM
You are one of the few men I'd have zero sympathy for if he couldn't get laid, and that's because you're a blowhard and hold some exceedingly creepy views on the subject at hand.

what? would you have empathy for any man that can't get laid? why would you even think about that?

am i too self-absorbed or something because that thought never crossed my mind?

dannno
11-19-2010, 07:27 PM
There is no, absolutely no, comparision to the sex drive between men and women. It is impossible for a woman to understand the sex drive of men. For christ's sake, it's 8:30 now and I'm about to go bar to bar searching for a stranger to bang. It's not just me, every guy I see tonight will be on the same mission. Wish me luck fellas, btw-I'm not paying for it (other than buying beers) and I have an entire head :D

Good luck!!

I'd be doin the same, but I think it's supposed to rain tonight which really slows things down around here (doesn't rain often, so people are more willing to take the weekend off).. we'll see..

dannno
11-19-2010, 07:33 PM

I don't hold exceedingly creepy views, you change the meaning of my views in your head, plus I'm just more willing to voice myself.

And since you are willing to twist those views around so much I'm not really that concerned what you think about me.. Pretty much every girl who has ever really gotten to know me or been close to at all has thought exceedingly high of me, and I treat girls very respectfully.

Unfortunately I'm kinda shy and quiet, I like talking to girls but I don't have 'game', and I for the life of me have a terrible time making any 'moves'.

brandon
11-19-2010, 07:34 PM
wow...he looks kind of like a a photoshopped version of me. Weird.

oyarde
11-19-2010, 07:36 PM
How is it possible to be alive while missing half your brain? He doesn't even appear to be a vegetable. Poor guy. :(

I honestly doubt it is missing , just displaced .

low preference guy
11-19-2010, 07:37 PM
wow...he looks kind of like a a photoshopped version of me. Weird.

from your profile picture, it seems to me that there are some common characteristics but very few.

+rep by the way. your absence made you fall below dannno. :p

brandon
11-19-2010, 07:38 PM
from your profile picture... there are some common characteristics but very few.

+rep by the way. your absence made you fall below dannno.:p

lol yea, now that I saw the front view of his face I changed my mind. Been too caught up in life problems to worry about politics problems lately, but I'm back catching up for the night!

reps back at ya

amy31416
11-19-2010, 07:41 PM
what? would you have empathy for any man that can't get laid? why would you even think about that?

am i too self-absorbed or something because that thought never crossed my mind?

I always felt bad for the underdogs. Especially nice guys who get used by opportunistic females. Of course, I lose sympathy if I find that they're total superficial a-holes who think Lindsay Lohan types are the epitome of ideal femininity.

And I've been a jerk in the past who's turned down guys (not really talking sex anymore) based on some pretty superficial "reasoning." I regret being that way.

oyarde
11-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Ya I addressed that, which is, that I'm not here to get girls, I'd rather speak my mind.

I can empathize if that is what they really want.. though it is fairly uncommon to find a woman whose primary concern is 'getting laid'. Most want to date a nice guy and have a good relationship, sex is just sort of something that comes along with it that many women (especially nowadays it seems with so many on anti-depressants) are fairly indifferent to.

Well we should all speak our mind . There probably are not many women here , but they are all intelligent and say what thay think . I view that as a good thing . I miss that about my wife . She passed about 2 1/2 years ago .

low preference guy
11-19-2010, 07:44 PM
I always felt bad for the underdogs. Especially nice guys who get used by opportunistic females.

interesting. i never suspected that (from you, or women in general). i just thought everyone thought "oh well, that's the way it is", at most.

And I've been a jerk in the past who's turned down guys (not really talking sex anymore) based on some pretty superficial "reasoning." I regret being that way.

i'm curious, do you regret it because you feel sorry for the guy, or because you might have missed the opportunity of knowing a good guy?

silentshout
11-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Well most women seem to be under the impression that sex is just 'fun' for men, and there is no real inherent purpose or need for it, and they don't believe that it makes you healthier, mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Therefore, they just accept that some guys just won't get laid in the grand scheme of things and there is nothing they can do about it. Some people get filet mignon every night, others will never have that and are lucky to get hot dogs, no matter how hard they work for monetary gain, it just isn't in the cards since prostitution happens to be illegal (regardless of their position on prostitution).

The bottom line is that the vast majority of women don't feel bad at all for guys who can't get laid, I would be pretty surprised if this thread gets any sort of sympathetic posts from any of the women here.

I feel bad for the guy and I think it's horrible that he was arrested. :( I know guys are different from women when it comes to stuff like this (I guess, honestly everyone is different). I think it's a stretch to say that no girls would feel bad for a guy like this.

oyarde
11-19-2010, 07:49 PM
I feel bad for the guy and I think it's horrible that he was arrested. :(

Me too . I would pick him up and buy him a beer when they released him if he was local .

dannno
11-19-2010, 07:50 PM
Well we should all speak our mind . There probably are not many women here , but they are all intelligent and say what thay think . I view that as a good thing .

Of course the women here are all intelligent, Amy and I have had many disagreements since I first started posting here but she has an incredible amount of very insightful posts.

I miss that about my wife . She passed about 2 1/2 years ago .

Wow, that's awful.. but hey at least you found each other first..

amy31416
11-19-2010, 07:51 PM
interesting. i never suspected that (from you, or women in general). i just thought everyone thought "oh well, that's the way it is", at most.

i'm curious, do you regret it because you feel sorry for the guy, or because you might have missed the opportunity of knowing a good guy?

The latter.

brandon
11-19-2010, 07:53 PM
From my experience, there are different types of prostitutes. Some are tolerated, and some aren't. In philly and the surrounding suburbs there are TONS of "Asian massage parlors" and it is common knowledge that they are all fronts for prostitution rings. I have friends who have patronized them. Essentially you go in, pay $60 for a naked massage, and then they offer you other services for additional money. They even advertise in the city paper, complete with pics of asian girls in their underwear.

I have one friend who was stopped by a cop outside one of these places in the suburbs. The cop knew exactly what he was doing. And the cop even told him it was alright. He just thought my friend looked suspicious and wanted to make sure he wasn't causing trouble.

The cops only really seem to enforce the laws with regards to street prostitution. If it happens in an establishment they could care less.

dannno
11-19-2010, 07:53 PM
I feel bad for the guy and I think it's horrible that he was arrested. :( I know guys are different from women when it comes to stuff like this (I guess, honestly everyone is different). I think it's a stretch to say that no girls would feel bad for a guy like this.

Oh, I didn't say no women would feel bad, I just said I would be very surprised if any of the women posters here (5 give or take) would make any posts of sympathy for that guy.. although that comment wasn't completely thought out considering he was arrested, so looking back I would think they would be sympathetic towards him being arrested.. but the OP had a lot of focus on feeling sorry for that guy 'because he couldn't get laid' and I don't see that attitude coming from women much.

amy31416
11-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Of course the women here are all intelligent, Amy and I have had many disagreements since I first started posting here but she has an incredible amount of very insightful posts.

Thanks Dannno, you often do as well, it's just that when you go on about some things, holy shit, do you go onnnnn...

:p

It's pretty rare for me to hold grudges about differences of opinion, and that's all this is. I do hold grudges against those who are scammy, opportunistic bastards though--and we've seen a few of those types here. You aren't one of those, and you are sincere.

osan
11-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Me, like most here, believes prositution is a victimless crime...

Slight correction: it is a victimless activity. It is not a crime at all. Well, if you've seen some of the girls that used to work 8th Avenue you might be tempted to think otherwise, but that's another issue entirely.

The Notorious OMG
11-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Slight correction: it is a victimless activity. It is not a crime at all. Well, if you've seen some of the girls that used to work 8th Avenue you might be tempted to think otherwise, but that's another issue entirely.

OSAN, I'm waiting on a Docu from a friend titled "The wild and wonderful whites of West Virginia" You're a WV'ian, watcha think of boone county, the whites, the docu?

j6p
11-20-2010, 09:44 AM
I always felt bad for the underdogs. Especially nice guys who get used by opportunistic females. Of course, I lose sympathy if I find that they're total superficial a-holes who think Lindsay Lohan types are the epitome of ideal femininity.

Your kind dont really give nice guys a break. You want that bad boy which turn out to be cheaters.

idirtify
11-20-2010, 10:17 AM

Well sex drive varies so much from individual to individual, and making generalizations is always dangerous, but…I once saw an interview with a sex-change patient who had been a woman and who was now taking male hormones. “Her” comment was how she now understood so much more about the male sex drive, something to the effect of “how the heck do you guys even function with this constant irritation in your crotch?”

idirtify
11-20-2010, 10:25 AM
it is fairly uncommon to find a woman whose primary concern is 'getting laid'. Most want to date a nice guy and have a good relationship, sex is just sort of something that comes along with it that many women (especially nowadays it seems with so many on anti-depressants) are fairly indifferent to.

That may just depend on the environment. Put females in a male-review scenario and most are more sexually aggressive than males in a strip bar. Of course there is more tolerance by the dancers (and management) in the former situation, so it’s still hard to compare fairly. But there is very little doubt that the sight of an erection (in the right circumstance) is at least as exciting to a female as the sight of female sex organs are to the male.

speciallyblend
11-20-2010, 10:37 AM
That may just depend on the environment. Put females in a male-review scenario and most are more sexually aggressive than males in a strip bar. Of course there is more tolerance by the dancers (and management) in the former situation, so it’s still hard to compare fairly. But there is very little doubt that the sight of an erection (in the right circumstance) is at least as exciting to a female as the sight of female sex organs are to the male.

this post had me laughing;) i use to dj go go bars(portsmouth/va beach/norfolk men and women! the Women were far more out of control then men!!

There is a wild women in every women! If they deny;) They lie;)

NYgs23
11-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Maybe I'm confused, but I don't see why I should feel more sympathy for this guy than for someone arrested for shooting heroin or any other victimless crime. Because he has a deformity? Hiring prostitutes should be legal but that hardly makes it laudable.

amy31416
11-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Your kind dont really give nice guys a break. You want that bad boy which turn out to be cheaters.

Yeah? Really?

I dated and was married to a bad-boy LIBRARIAN. When we got divorced, I paid off his car for him, so we'd both walk away with zero debt.

So you, sir, can bite me.

I was out of rep, or you'da got a -1.

idirtify
11-20-2010, 10:45 AM
this post had me laughing;) i use to dj go go bars(portsmouth/va beach/norfolk men and women! the Women were far more out of control then men!!

There is a wild women in every women! If they deny;) They lie;)

Which implies that less sexually aggressive females are more a result of cultural expectations rather than biological traits.

The rule of thumb: Don’t believe anything you see on the surface when it comes to the mating game; since it’s always been largely based on deception.

moostraks
11-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Oh, I didn't say no women would feel bad, I just said I would be very surprised if any of the women posters here (5 give or take) would make any posts of sympathy for that guy.. although that comment wasn't completely thought out considering he was arrested, so looking back I would think they would be sympathetic towards him being arrested.. but the OP had a lot of focus on feeling sorry for that guy 'because he couldn't get laid' and I don't see that attitude coming from women much.

Okay have to chime in since that would make me number 2 of the 5 or so women here. Prostitution is a victimless crime and it is irrelevant whether you are attractive or not. Only time it becomes a problem is if you use it and break marriage vows and then I think your spouse should be allowed to sue the crap out of you if they so choose. Some folks are plenty happy with a spouse having sex outside the marriage so for them it wouldn't be an issue. Maybe have a contract on the issue to protect married parties that don't care about the sex with other partners?

As for the guy in question, kind of sad that most feel he wouldn't have sex without paying. Society is pretty shallow though. So guess I can see ya'lls point. Since I am expecting number 8 you guys can take my opinion fwiw.

CasualApathy
11-20-2010, 10:49 AM
Yeah? Really?

I dated and was married to a bad-boy LIBRARIAN. When we got divorced, I paid off his car for him, so we'd both walk away with zero debt.

So you, sir, can bite me.

I was out of rep, or you'da got a -1.

Don't worry about it, I've decided to be gentlemanly and give him the -1 rep for you :p

amy31416
11-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Don't worry about it, I've decided to be gentlemanly and give him the -1 rep for you :p

Aww...you'll be on my list for when the rep gets refreshed.

Chivalry ain't dead! :)

agitator
11-20-2010, 11:01 AM
This thread is retarded.

CasualApathy
11-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Aww...you'll be on my list for when the rep gets refreshed.

Chivalry ain't dead! :)

You're welcome :)

Clicking that button was a pleasure and rewarding enough in itself though, so feel free to bump me to the bottom of that list so you don't run out of rep for those more deserving ;)

MelissaWV
11-20-2010, 11:09 AM
Sometimes reading the first and last pages of a thread is really all it takes.

The guy isn't physically out of the question, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that whatever contributed to the status of his head might have rendered him a less than sparkling conversationalist. That would be a problem.

No one should be arrested simply for entering into a contract with someone who's eligible to enter into one. That's what prostitution is, and unless there's an allegation of rape which can be proven (or, from the soliciter's standpoint, fraud/theft)... I see no reason for the police to get involved. Even then, I wish things could be resolved without the cops, but that's getting into the realm of fantasy.

I do see hints that it's devolved into the "chicks do this, guys want that" type of thread, but I'll revisit that another time... if at all :p

CasualApathy
11-20-2010, 11:11 AM
On the subject of prostitution, and the assertion that it is a victimless crime. I agree in the case where the prostitution occurs willingly between two concenting adults, but one has to take human trafficking into account also. There have been some disturbing studys in Denmark where I live that have shown that a large amount of the prostitutes (upwards of 50%) that are working here are victims of human trafficking. They often don't get to keep any of the money they make untill they've payed off whatever unreasonable debt their "captors" have decided on for getting them into the country, they have their identity papers taken away and often face beatings if they object to the conditions they are forced to work under.

This raises a question for me, since prostitution is perfectly legal in Denmark and yet this problem still exists, how do you then deal with it? Will there just always be a market for sexual slavery, and for guys who enjoy "abusing" the women they are with (i.e. do stuff that a regular prostitute probably wouldn't agree to..) since that is often what happens...

How do you deal with it?...

speciallyblend
11-20-2010, 11:19 AM
This thread is retarded.

which part? rpf demands specifics!!

RM918
11-20-2010, 11:24 AM
On the subject of prostitution, and the assertion that it is a victimless crime. I agree in the case where the prostitution occurs willingly between two concenting adults, but one has to take human trafficking into account also. There have been some disturbing studys in Denmark where I live that have shown that a large amount of the prostitutes (upwards of 50%) that are working here are victims of human trafficking. They often don't get to keep any of the money they make untill they've payed off whatever unreasonable debt their "captors" have decided on for getting them into the country, they have their identity papers taken away and often face beatings if they object to the conditions they are forced to work under.

This raises a question for me, since prostitution is perfectly legal in Denmark and yet this problem still exists, how do you then deal with it? Will there just always be a market for sexual slavery, and for guys who enjoy "abusing" the women they are with (i.e. do stuff that a regular prostitute probably wouldn't agree to..) since that is often what happens...

Well, I'd hope legalizing the practice in more and larger countries would lessen the demand quite a bit in places where trafficking takes place, but there's no excuse for debt slavery and rape. True evil we'll never get rid of, but we'll have a far better shot at cutting it down if our police are focusing on real crimes like that instead of drugs and prostitution.

NYgs23
11-20-2010, 11:25 AM
On the subject of prostitution, and the assertion that it is a victimless crime. I agree in the case where the prostitution occurs willingly between two concenting adults, but one has to take human trafficking into account also. There have been some disturbing studys in Denmark where I live that have shown that a large amount of the prostitutes (upwards of 50%) that are working here are victims of human trafficking.

Since a lot of the folks on this forum appear to believe that men have no willpower and must resort to paying prostitutes if they can't have regular promiscuous sex with random strangers for free, I guess you also can't blame human traffickers for going with the only option available in the absence of willing women (or men or children). They're simply slaves to their animalistic passions.

^^Sarcasm^^

moostraks
11-20-2010, 11:31 AM

Target the crimes that cause the victimization. Prostitution between 2 willing parties is different that sex slavery. A similar argument could be made for marriage licenses. Some abusive people use them as license to do as they please to their spouse. We don't destroy marriage contracts because some folks abuse the system. We target the crimes of abuse...

Heimdallr
11-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Wha... how... ?

How big is his brain? Like it must be at least half size...

This baffles me.

CasualApathy
11-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Target the crimes that cause the victimization. Prostitution between 2 willing parties is different that sex slavery. A similar argument could be made for marriage licenses. Some abusive people use them as license to do as they please to their spouse. We don't destroy marriage contracts because some folks abuse the system. We target the crimes of abuse...

But how do you do that when prostitution is legal? The cops can't go around breaking in doors to find these girls after all. Many of them are forced to stay indoors and never leave the house where they are being kept, so police would have no way of getting in contact with them without going undercover (I'm sure the line for that job would be pretty long though. :p)

Seraphim
11-20-2010, 11:44 AM
But how do you do that when prostitution is legal? The cops can't go around breaking in doors to find these girls after all. Many of them are forced to stay indoors and never leave the house where they are being kept, so police would have no way of getting in contact with them without going undercover (I'm sure the line for that job would be pretty long though. :p)

Good luck beating on a girl who dances in a window to sell herself, provides her service and then repeats the cycle.

Go to Amsterdam. Prostitution violence is almost non existent. When it does happen, the victim can press charges like any other civil offence.

When prostitution is illegal the ladies feel overwhelmed by the situation and struggle to go to the cops for help.

"Hi I'm a hooker and I'd like to report an assault"

"Ma'am you're a prostitute"

"But I just got my shit handed to me"

"SHHHHH, you're not a person, you're a prostitute"

"But-..."

"SHHHHHHHHHH"

With prostitution legal the amount of victim related violent crimes in that portion of the economy would fall off a cliff close to zero. The incidents that occur can be handle in a civil court of law just like all other offences of similar nature.

CasualApathy
11-20-2010, 11:48 AM
Good luck beating on a girl who dances in a window to sell herself, provides her service and then repeats the cycle.

Go to Amsterdam. Prostitution violence is almost non existent. When it does happen, the victim can press charges like any other civil offence.

When prostitution is illegal the ladies feel overwhelmed by the situation and struggle to go to the cops for help.

"But-..."

"SHHHHHHHHHH"

With prostitution legal the amount of victim related violent crimes in that portion of the economy would fall off a cliff close to zero. The incidents that occur can be handle in a civil court of law just like all other offences of similar nature.

And yet it does happen a lot in Denmark at least where prostitution is legal. However the situation you describe with regards to the women being hesitant to contact the police even if they could escape the clutches of their captors is not dissimmilar to what happens here. If a victim of human trafficking goes to the police to report abuse here the criminals will be punished, however the girl will also be thrown out of the country since she is here illegally and often that means going back to poverty with nothing to show for her ordeal.

BamaAla
11-20-2010, 11:49 AM

"But-..."

"SHHHHHHHHHH"

Prostitution is legal in his country. Many prostitutes in legal or decriminalized countries in Europe are still trafficked in from Ukraine and Romania as well as other eastern European states.

It is an interesting question and I'll just sit back and read the answers.

amy31416
11-20-2010, 12:02 PM
And yet it does happen a lot in Denmark at least where prostitution is legal. However the situation you describe with regards to the women being hesitant to contact the police even if they could escape the clutches of their captors is not dissimmilar to what happens here. If a victim of human trafficking goes to the police to report abuse here the criminals will be punished, however the girl will also be thrown out of the country since she is here illegally and often that means going back to poverty with nothing to show for her ordeal.

Yeah, that sounds like quite the Catch-22 for these women. You should kidnap one and marry her, then when she's established in the country and at no danger of deportation, you can get divorced...or not, if things are going well. :)

Now you'll just have to find a couple thousand more decent men who are willing to do so.

CasualApathy
11-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Yeah, that sounds like quite the Catch-22 for these women. You should kidnap one and marry her, then when she's established in the country and at no danger of deportation, you can get divorced...or not, if things are going well. :)

Now you'll just have to find a couple thousand more decent men who are willing to do so.

The really really sad part is that what you described wouldn't even work in Denmark since we have some of the toughest immigration laws in the world. Even if I married her i wouldn't be able to offer her the ability to stay in Denmark untill we are both over the age of 26, additionally she would have to apply and pass a test where she will be judged on her ability to speak danish, her degree of education, her general knowledge of denmark and danish history, her financial situation and so on. Your average foreign prostitute from an empoverished part of the world would never pass that test.

moostraks
11-20-2010, 02:24 PM

Same can be said about those who are victimized by their spouses. You will never have a situation that can be made victim proofed. That is Utopia. Sometimes a victim has to fight for themselves to seek justice and some victims die at the hands of their captors. I say this as one who has been victimized. Should we destroy marriage contracts because of the number of people who suffer spousal abuse? Many are trapped in a situation where they are held hostage. They are isolated from family and friends and endure numerous tortures and abuses including rape....

amy31416
11-20-2010, 02:29 PM
The really really sad part is that what you described wouldn't even work in Denmark since we have some of the toughest immigration laws in the world. Even if I married her i wouldn't be able to offer her the ability to stay in Denmark untill we are both over the age of 26, additionally she would have to apply and pass a test where she will be judged on her ability to speak danish, her degree of education, her general knowledge of denmark and danish history, her financial situation and so on. Your average foreign prostitute from an empoverished part of the world would never pass that test.

Dammit!

The government is always screwing up my best ideas, even in foreign countries.

Back to the drawing board...

osan
12-01-2010, 02:36 PM
OSAN, I'm waiting on a Docu from a friend titled "The wild and wonderful whites of West Virginia" You're a WV'ian, watcha think of boone county, the whites, the docu? Boone county's wild west. Dunno about the docu.