PDA

View Full Version : FED: Bernanke Seeks New "International Monetary System"

bobbyw24
11-19-2010, 11:48 AM
In speeches before a European Central Bank conference in Frankfurt, Ben Bernanke went on an unprecedented attack, accusing China of throwing a monkey wrench into the global recovery, blaming China for slow global growth and a potential "End to the Tepid U.S. Recovery".

He also said "The current international monetary has a structural flaw" calling on the "global community, over time, to devise an international monetary system that more consistently aligns the interests of individual countries with the interests of the global economy as a whole."

Finally, he put up a misguided defense of Quantitative Easing that is sure to not go over well in the global community.

If Bernanke was trying to spook the markets, provoke China, cause a currency war, and get Congress to launch an extremely foolish set of tariffs, he would have been hard pressed to deliver a more powerful speech.

Please consider Bernanke turns up heat on China currency policy

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2010/11/bernanke-seeks-new-international.html

Catatonic
11-19-2010, 12:18 PM
So....Bernanke hates the dollar?

I'm shocked :O

LibertyEagle
11-19-2010, 12:26 PM
He also said "The current international monetary has a structural flaw" calling on the "global community, over time, to devise an international monetary system that more consistently aligns the interests of individual countries with the interests of the global economy as a whole."

So, basically, he's on-board with a one world currency.

Too bad we don't still hang traitors in this country.

Chester Copperpot
11-19-2010, 12:34 PM

NO no no.. youve got it all wrong.. that one world currency is a conspiracy theory...

bernanke loves america.. he loves the dollar..

gold is evil...

slavery is freedom
double plus goodnick

Travlyr
11-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Of course he does. :rolleyes:

I wonder what he finds wrong with the proven "International Monetary System" that has a 6000 year history?

Brian4Liberty
11-19-2010, 01:09 PM
I wonder what he finds wrong with the proven "International Monetary System" that has a 6000 year history?

A gold standard limits the amount of relative wealth that can be concentrated in a few hands. Can't have that.

Travlyr
11-19-2010, 01:15 PM
A gold standard limits the amount of relative wealth that can be concentrated in a few hands. Can't have that.
It's unbelievable isn't it? Some very interesting times.

Fox McCloud
11-19-2010, 01:21 PM

translation: a currency that the US is in control of, so it can always manipulate the currency to its own advantage.

either way, the last thing we need is Smoot-Hawley 2.0; it'll destroy our imports and exports, which given our current economic structure, would be far more devastating this go around.

Blaming China is also a convenient scapegoat for the Fed's failed policies and actions, and its continued idiocy with quantitative easing.

johnny.rebel
11-19-2010, 05:30 PM
YouTube - Huey Lewis and the News - I want a new drug (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1ku4QUhoXk)

tpreitzel
11-19-2010, 05:37 PM

Maybe, we should seriously consider reviving that practice?

JamesButabi
11-19-2010, 05:38 PM
Blaming China is also a convenient scapegoat for the Fed's failed policies and actions, and its continued idiocy with quantitative easing.

That was my first reaction. Oh yeah its Chinas fault :rolleyes:.

DirtMcGirt
11-19-2010, 05:41 PM

I guess he finally realizes that if there isn't a gold standard the only way out of this mess is to create one more layer of fake money!!!

HOLLYWOOD
11-19-2010, 05:56 PM
That fucker should be strung up by Piano Wire from a Meathook... Treason of the highest level. (1791 Coinage Act)

BTW... remember that one Bernake hearing, I think it was the one that CNBS cut to a commercial and Mark Haynes/Erin Burpnet said, "This isn't going as planned... etc" when Ron Paul started speaking.

Need that video, because opening gretting to the hearing, Barney Frank starts his intro that's kinda a slam on Ron Paul... about "THIS IS OUR MONETAREY SYSTEM TODAY, NO MATTER HOW FLAWED, WE'RE NOT GOING TO CHANGE IT.... yotta yotta.."

I'm having a hard time finding it... a little help please, Thanx!