PDA

View Full Version : Grayson, For your Entertainment

dean.engelhardt
11-19-2010, 10:15 AM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EHJIEc9cG1U?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EHJIEc9cG1U?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

YouTube - Alan Grayson - What Republicans Can Do With Their Tax Cuts For The Rich (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHJIEc9cG1U)

This is a riot, enjoy the congressional mentallity on display.

echebota
11-19-2010, 10:56 AM
wow, I didn't know he was that stupid! Good that he is out.

roho76
11-19-2010, 11:01 AM
These people are disgusting.

psi2941
11-19-2010, 03:32 PM
i think its a great idea! We need more FEDERAL WORKERS! because this collapse is taking wayyyy to long.

MRoCkEd
11-19-2010, 03:37 PM
That was pathetic.

ctiger2
11-19-2010, 03:41 PM
$83,347 of which the "rich" will use to provide jobs OR save (provide capital for loans) OR spend (tax revenues and economic growth) into their local community.

Grayson was awesome grilling the Fed but other than that he's a limousine liberal of the highest order.

dean.engelhardt
11-22-2010, 08:13 AM
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rep. Alan Grayson" <alangrayson@graysonforcongress.com>
To: "dean engelhardt" <dean.engelhardt@comcast.net>
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2010 3:28:04 PM
Subject: Toys for the Rich

They need your ideas

How will the super-rich spend their huge Republican tax break? Tell us.

Dear Dean,

Sometime between now and December 31, we will vote to extend the Bush tax cuts for the rich, or Obama tax cuts for the middle class. In the case of the Bush tax cuts, this money will go to the high and mighty. According to Citizens for Tax Justice, the top 1% of taxpayers -- people with more than $1.3 million a year -- will receive an average of $83,347 in Republican tax breaks.

Here are some possibilities of what those masters of the universe can buy, with their new government welfare:

- A brand-new Mercedes Benz E-Class car, $83,000. Every single year. And each year, they can give the "old" one to a spouse, a girlfriend, whoever.

- A Hermes "Birkin" handbag, $64,800. (Actually, though, if you need to know how much it costs, then you can't afford it.)

- Chateau d'Yquem wine from 1787, $56,588. That will leave each one with around $25,000 of loose change in their pockets. Enough for a nice lunch, maybe.

- 20,000 jars of Grey Poupon. So when people ask, "excuse me, sir, but do you have any Grey Poupon," the answer is "Yes!"

- 800 luxury cigars. One for the morning, and one for the evening, every single day. But how will they light them? Each one, with a $100 bill. That costs only $73,000 a year. Ah.

Thank you, Republican Party. You're letting the rich in this country enjoy two cigars a day, each lit by a $100 bill.

Now I have a question for you. What do you suggest that the wealthy purchase with their welfare, courtesy of the Republican Party? What new toys for the idle rich? A Mercedes? A Hermes bag? Cigars? They need your ideas, because they will all have so much more of our money.

So please, submit your ideas.

Courage,

Alan Grayson

If you do not wish to receive further email from Congressman Grayson, please click here to unsubscribe.

Paid for and Authorized by the Committee to Elect Alan Grayson

My reply:

Congessman Grayson,

I will miss you in congress. I appreciates your voice in speaking out against the wars and Fed. It is too bad you are so wrong on this one. I am against welfare for the rich. The past ten year we've seen trillions of taxpayer dollars and taxpayer debt being transfered to the rich that have strong lobbyist organizations. But what you are talking about below is earned income, not welfare. One of the great things about America is the opportunity to become rich and buy thing you like. It creates more jobs and a stronger economy.

If rich people started burning money to light cigars wouldn't help fight the inflation effect of QE2?

Here is my suggestion to you. Please work with your present and future congress to come to a budget that works for the citizens of this counrty. Show us how you can make Washington fiscally responsible again; then we might have reasonable discussions about taxes.

Selling a tax increase appealing to the dislike of wealth people is not a winning strategy.

angelatc
11-22-2010, 09:29 AM
Selling a tax increase appealing to the dislike of wealth people is not a winning strategy.

Zinger!

ILUVRP
11-22-2010, 12:04 PM
Here is something to think about.

30 years ago the AC voltage going into your home was about 112 volts ac. Now it is about 122 volts. People are charged in their electric bill by how much current you draw from the power company , it is this volts/resistance = amps, that is to say if the volts into the home is 112v and the equipment load ( resistance ) you have running is 10 ohms then the amps is 11.2 amps . 112/10=11.2 amps

Now increase the voltage into your home to 122 volts AC , 122/10=12.2 amps. Your electric bill just went up 10%.

All things in our homes will run great at 112v , they are spected at 105-125 vac , in fact in the flat panel type tv the first thing that happens is the 122v is stepped down to about 50vac , then rectifed to DC volts , then regulated down to the smaller DCvolts to be used in the tv.

I agree that AC-REFIG-STOVES and other equipment need at least 105 vac.

But then again the power companies have to make money . I am sure that if the stuff in our home would run w/o burning up using 133vac , thats where the electric co's would be at. That would be another 10%. Wait until we all have electric cars.

Travlyr
11-22-2010, 12:16 PM
I don't want a job, Mr. Grayson. We want opportunity. America USED to be the land of opportunity! If you can't "End the Fed"... Go Home! We will find real leaders who will take their fake money system away from them and imprison the real criminals. STFU.

teacherone
11-22-2010, 12:19 PM
that was a great argument for the tax cuts!

they'll buy cars and stimulate the economy... buy buy buy rich people buy!

dean.engelhardt
11-22-2010, 01:01 PM
that was a great argument for the tax cuts!

they'll buy cars and stimulate the economy... buy buy buy rich people buy!

I think people burning $100 bills to light cigars is a great idea to combat QE2.

eugenekop
11-22-2010, 01:37 PM
I am lost in the sarcasm. Are you guys against tax cuts? I thought we Libertarians never are.
By the way, do you know what percentage of the money the rich spend on the American economy (whether by spending or investing), and what percentage goes abroad?

teacherone
11-22-2010, 01:55 PM
not against tax cuts.

liberals have this absurd vision of rich people hoarding their cash and swimming in it like scrooge-mc duck.

grayson proves the opposite is true, albeit unwittingly. rich people demand goods, invest in products and companies etc.

give em a tax cut... and cut the spending and balance the budget.

cubical
11-22-2010, 01:56 PM
LOL

Someone should do a slide show of government workers or people on welfare just sitting around.

hugolp
11-22-2010, 01:57 PM
not against tax cuts.

liberals have this absurd vision of rich people hoarding their cash and swimming in it like scrooge-mc duck.

grayson proves the opposite is true, albeit unwittingly. rich people demand goods, invest in products and companies etc.

give em a tax cut... and cut the spending and balance the budget.

The problem is that the government already benefits the rich a lot. Cutting taxes is the libertarian position, but I think there are more sensitive ways of doing it that the present cut the tax on the rich proposal.

cubical
11-22-2010, 01:58 PM
I am lost in the sarcasm. Are you guys against tax cuts? I thought we Libertarians never are.
By the way, do you know what percentage of the money the rich spend on the American economy (whether by spending or investing), and what percentage goes abroad?

Libertarians do not like taxes.

dean.engelhardt
11-22-2010, 02:04 PM

Not sure, but I have a feeling that you are about to inform us.

teacherone
11-22-2010, 02:07 PM
The problem is that the government already benefits the rich a lot. Cutting taxes is the libertarian position, but I think there are more sensitive ways of doing it that the present cut the tax on the rich proposal.

that's why you limit government to its constitutionally mandated parameters.

with the government out of the economy the pressure groups and lobbyists will have to compete on the market instead of sucking on the teet of the taxpayer.

eugenekop
11-22-2010, 02:49 PM
Not sure, but I have a feeling that you are about to inform us.

Actually I don't know. Does anyone have this information?

HOLLYWOOD
11-22-2010, 03:03 PM
This is funny... this guy is a frigin communist!

He sounds just like the Soviet Union politburo collectivists... "to share it all".

"Let's take that NOW $100 Billion and give 3 million American jobs... with spoons digging the new autobahn across the country.