PDA

View Full Version : Call to Action: Start organizing now!!

DjLoTi
11-19-2010, 12:08 AM
I need some Ron Paul talking points, so when I googled Ron Paul talking points, I wasn't too happy with what I saw. WE ARE SLACKING BIG TIME GUYS!!! Lets get this stuff up and running!!! Lets get a sticky so we have everything ready when we need talking points!

We need Ron on all the issues, all the quick talking points, just like the slim jims, ect, we need to get all that together!!

What do ya think guys? Are we running behind already??

Nate-ForLiberty
11-19-2010, 12:11 AM
I need some Ron Paul talking points, so when I googled Ron Paul talking points, I wasn't too happy with what I saw. WE ARE SLACKING BIG TIME GUYS!!! Lets get this stuff up and running!!! Lets get a sticky so we have everything ready when we need talking points!

We need Ron on all the issues, all the quick talking points, just like the slim jims, ect, we need to get all that together!!

of course we're behind. but we'll also come together so incredibly fast WE won't even know what's going on. What's about to happen in this next election cycle is going to be what happened in Monsters, Inc. when that kid laughed and blew up the place.

it gonna be thompity.

DjLoTi
11-19-2010, 12:38 AM
So lets get the basic stuff up now so that when the flood of people come, it's easy for people to find what they need when looking for Ron on the issues. Agree?

DjLoTi
12-10-2010, 05:56 PM
still looking for an easy webpage that puts ron paul in an amazing light... are we still waiting to mobilize? Lets start setting this stuff up!!

TruckinMike
12-10-2010, 06:07 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4077/4809929806_1e55a1cf7c_m.jpg

Working on it...Hang ten signs for Ron Paul - Marketing for the marketers.:)

TMike

JoshLowry
12-10-2010, 06:19 PM
There are some battle plans that are being discussed here and there.

You're a volunteer. Who is going to tell you no?

DjLoTi
12-10-2010, 06:22 PM
I just know there were tons of talking points on the slim jims, and I think we should bring up all the stuff from 2008, so we're loaded with the talking points

runningdiz
12-10-2010, 06:36 PM
I just know there were tons of talking points on the slim jims, and I think we should bring up all the stuff from 2008, so we're loaded with the talking points

I have saved as many different slim jims as i could from 07 this reason ;) Always best to reuse copy. Less work

Tinnuhana
12-10-2010, 06:52 PM
I like the C4L hand-out for use with "progressives" about supporting Obama's policies by voting to audit the Fed, one of the main reasons for poverty in this country. Also, they like Alan Grayson so anything with Alan Grayson quotes on the Fed that line up with Ron, s could be used and then show that Ron's had those same talking points forever.
For all the non-liberty tea party-ers, the Constitution and founders like Jefferson, to which they at least give lip service, should be "pushed".

TonyFromTheBronx
12-10-2010, 07:42 PM
of course we're behind. but we'll also come together so incredibly fast WE won't even know what's going on. What's about to happen in this next election cycle is going to be what happened in Monsters, Inc. when that kid laughed and blew up the place.

it gonna be thompity.

the spontaneous money bomb thats gonna erupt on the day that he declares will raise eyebrows

KurtBoyer25L
12-10-2010, 08:06 PM
I don't think I would pass out anything to progressives about "supporting Obama's policies" of any sort. The idea needs to be that Ron is a more serious/true liberal than Obama & that Barack really just gives lip service to welfare & humanitarian aid while serving the banks and corporations.

TheTyke
12-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Also, we need to win over the REPUBLICANS to win the Republican nomination - or we got nothing!

For the love of mike don't say he's a "true liberal" or supports Obama. Also please leave pet issues like legalizing marijuana, 9-11 theories, and fema camps out of it... this will just drive Republicans away.

Use something like Rand did - talk about balancing the budget, terms limits, his consistency on opposing taxes and supporting the Constitution.

KurtBoyer25L
12-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Why wouldn't I say he's a classical liberal if I'm talking to liberals? Not mentioning poverty, war, censorship, Maryjane etc. might be a great way to get 22% instead of 19% of hardcore conservative Christians to vote for us instead of Sarah Palin. Marketing the liberal-friendly views to liberals & the independent-friendly views to independents is how we win the election.

TheTyke
12-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Marketing the liberal-friendly views to liberals & the independent-friendly views to independents is how we win the election.

Which election? The primary comes first. Kokesh's election proved trying to get Dems and Independents to change to Republican is a failed strategy. Even with a tiny election, not enough would switch to make a difference.

We have to win over the GOP, or Dems and Independents will never even get a chance to vote for Ron.

Let's learn from the liberty movement's biggest electoral victory, Rand Paul!

DjLoTi
12-10-2010, 09:31 PM
I think we need to reach out to all people. Most people arn't republicans. Most people don't vote. I think truth surpasses party lines, and Ron Paul has consistently stood for the people . The evidence is in history. We need to collaborate a collection of facts that appeal to the average American. We need to have 'operation outreach'. We need to make sure people understand, that Ron Paul is the only way we will end the wars and restore sanity to our government. This country does not just belong to the 'GOP'

KurtBoyer25L
12-10-2010, 10:49 PM
I spoke of the primary. I think Tyke is making excellent points, but these are special circumstances. I have experimented with walking into rooms of socially liberal but politically inactive college kids & saying "There's this guy running who wants to end the wars and legalize weed tomorrow" and they usually say "we're in" before I can get the second sentence out.

One major difference with RP is you can court various groups of people without having to cloud or bend the message too much. Centrist politicians use a careful balancing act to court everyone, and those that pretend to be hardcore conservative/liberal simply cannot or should not try to court the other "side." But with RP you can simply explain to each sub-group of society how his ideas will benefit their interests. If liberals really want to have a conversation where we extoll to them the virtues of gold, free markets, etc, then fine -- but you can catch more of them with a discussion of drug laws, racism, class warfare etc. And you don't have to march into a church and talk about the same issues that you would with liberal college kids, though the good news is you're not speaking deceptively to either.

TheTyke
12-10-2010, 11:40 PM
I spoke of the primary. I think Tyke is making excellent points, but these are special circumstances. I have experimented with walking into rooms of socially liberal but politically inactive college kids & saying "There's this guy running who wants to end the wars and legalize weed tomorrow" and they usually say "we're in" before I can get the second sentence out.

One major difference with RP is you can court various groups of people without having to cloud or bend the message too much. Centrist politicians use a careful balancing act to court everyone, and those that pretend to be hardcore conservative/liberal simply cannot or should not try to court the other "side." But with RP you can simply explain to each sub-group of society how his ideas will benefit their interests. If liberals really want to have a conversation where we extoll to them the virtues of gold, free markets, etc, then fine -- but you can catch more of them with a discussion of drug laws, racism, class warfare etc. And you don't have to march into a church and talk about the same issues that you would with liberal college kids, though the good news is you're not speaking deceptively to either.

I agree the liberty message has wide appeal. There's certainly nothing wrong with reaching out to liberals, but we have to be careful how we do it. Our experience though shows that these people won't be voting in large numbers in the GOP primary, which is Ron's first (and most difficult) hurdle.

My Republican brother, who lives in KY, was very turned off to Ron, and wouldn't vote for him in the primary even though he disliked the other candidates - because of Ron's way of presenting foreign policy. I'm sure this would go for supporters too. Rand however, chose his words carefully, and my brother was gung-ho on supporting him, to the point of putting signs up etc.

Most politicians cater to their party base in a primary, and then broaden their focus (to put it politely) for the general election. So in our marketing, to win the primary, it will actually hurt us to play up foreign policy views etc. in public forums. All people like my brother see is "lefty commie scum" when they hear us talking about empire and bases all over the world. It's sad but true. Same goes for the other topics mentioned... telling this stuff to Republicans is like being walking attack ads against Ron for our opponents. We can explore those topics later, for the general election. Better yet, focus on topics that both parties agree on (balanced budgets and term limits worked in KY)

We have experience with a bunch of elections now. We can tell what works and what doesn't. If we are running to WIN (and I want to WIN or I wouldn't invest time and money) we will meet the Republican voters on the issues they are interested in.

Maybe everyone already knows this by now, but I want to keep hammering it home. Throughout Rand's campaign we had people who didn't understand it, and kept complaining about his rhetoric.. and I'm concerned some may not have accepted these realities yet.

tangent4ronpaul
12-10-2010, 11:51 PM

Duh! - yea, but we need a lot more than talking points. We have some verbal masturbation with no action going on. PM me w/ your phone # if you actually want to do something!

-t