PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Cash In Exploratory Committee Thread

constituent
10-20-2007, 03:24 PM
In a discussion at Ron Paul Radio (perhaps tainted slightly by the 5th of noV. controVersy), the idea put out there by toast that an excellent idea for a fundraiser would be a Johnny Cash In. Essentially an ongoing fundraiser between now and Johnny Cash's birthday. How many millions do you think would be raised between now and the 26th of feb?

do you even think this is a good idea?

constituent
10-20-2007, 04:45 PM
can we get a digg (http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Johnny_Cash_In_It_s_da_money_bomb_Feb_23r d_08_is_the_date)?

Adamsa
10-20-2007, 04:48 PM
Don't really like the idea of someone who might not have agreed with Ron being used like this, but yeah, do what you want.

Taco John
10-20-2007, 04:50 PM
Johnny Cash?

constituent
10-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Don't really like the idea of someone who might not have agreed with Ron being used like this, but yeah, do what you want.

oh sorry, i should have made that more clear.

it's the Johnny -Cash In-

not the Johnny Cash In, that sounds like a cheap motel... yea, so , i'm sure there are plenty of people out there named johnny who support ron paul... we just chose the man in black's b-day as a possibility. elvis, jerry garcia and boy george (he's dead right?) haven't been ruled out completely as of yet.

Adamsa
10-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Ohh I see, ok then.

kylejack
10-20-2007, 05:35 PM
He once sang about shooting a man in Reno just to watch him die.

TruckinMike
10-20-2007, 06:08 PM
He also sang about delia, the girl he shot -- twice.

This could be BAD PR!!! OOoOoHHHHhOoooOOooooHH!

And he had a drug problem... OoOOOOoOoOoOOoOhhhHHhhHH nooooOooOO!

I think you get my drift.

Truckinmike

kylejack
10-20-2007, 06:18 PM
Truckin Mike ALWAYS delivers.

SeanEdwards
10-20-2007, 06:19 PM
I like the idea, but I feel uneasy about the implicit claim of support of dead people.

I saw someone else suggest using veterans (Nov. 11) day as a good fundraiser deadline, and I agree with that idea. Veterans day is a natural because of Paul's position on the war, and his strong showing from military donations. Also February seems kind of far away. Why not make up more fundraising event opportunities rather than less?

The end of quarter reporting deadlines are natural marketing hooks to increase fundraising. We should be trying to think of different fundraising ideas that will be unusual enough to get mass media coverage that can be used in between those FEC report deadlines.

How about:

"This Veterans Day, 11/11/07 you can send a message:

Just come home."

RONPAUL2008.com

lynnf
10-20-2007, 06:23 PM
He also sang about delia, the girl he shot -- twice.

This could be BAD PR!!! OOoOoHHHHhOoooOOooooHH!

And he had a drug problem... OoOOOOoOoOoOOoOhhhHHhhHH nooooOooOO!

I think you get my drift.

Truckinmike

went to Folsom (and other) Prisons to sing ... as in give a show! C'mon -- he made those words up for the song, he never was in prison. And Betty Ford had a drug problem along with countless others. Not that I'm defending that, but they shouldn't be condemned forever for that - it's a disease.

In 1996 he was honored with a Kennedy Center Award.

lynn

LizF
10-20-2007, 06:33 PM
I like the idea, but I feel uneasy about the implicit claim of support of dead people.

I saw someone else suggest using veterans (Nov. 11) day as a good fundraiser deadline, and I agree with that idea. Veterans day is a natural because of Paul's position on the war, and his strong showing from military donations. Also February seems kind of far away. Why not make up more fundraising event opportunities rather than less?

The end of quarter reporting deadlines are natural marketing hooks to increase fundraising. We should be trying to think of different fundraising ideas that will be unusual enough to get mass media coverage that can be used in between those FEC report deadlines.

How about:

"This Veterans Day, 11/11/07 you can send a message:

Just come home."

RONPAUL2008.com

Brilliant idea! :)

McDermit
10-20-2007, 07:00 PM
meh. Not a fan.

Paul4Prez
10-20-2007, 07:01 PM
How about just trying to raise $12 million by the end of 2007?

McDermit
10-20-2007, 07:04 PM
if you want a FRB fundraiser, go with carol's bday or even better, their anniversary (FeB 1st)