PDA

View Full Version : 1964: Last time DNC won white vote

american.swan
11-18-2010, 07:36 PM
http://townhall.com/columnists/LarryElder/2010/11/18/hey,_michael_moore!_clinton,_gore_and_kerry_lost_t he_white_vote,_too/page/full/

"White America does not like having a black president."

Thus pronounced Michael Moore in an appearance on "Real Time with Bill Maher." And Maher agreed, "That is the truth."

"The statistics don't lie," Moore plowed ahead. "I'm not talking about polls. I'm talking about that the young people in '08 was the only -- do you know this? -- it's the only demographic -- white demographic -- that Obama won, 18- to 29-year-olds. Every other demographic, over 29, Obama lost the white vote. Every single one."

Crime solved. Case closed. Book 'em, Danno. Except for one minor detail: No Democratic presidential candidate has won the "white vote" since 1964.

.....read more at the source above.

This article is good ammunition against the dumb idea the Tea Party is racist.

oyarde
11-18-2010, 07:39 PM
http://townhall.com/columnists/LarryElder/2010/11/18/hey,_michael_moore!_clinton,_gore_and_kerry_lost_t he_white_vote,_too/page/full/

"White America does not like having a black president."

Thus pronounced Michael Moore in an appearance on "Real Time with Bill Maher." And Maher agreed, "That is the truth."

"The statistics don't lie," Moore plowed ahead. "I'm not talking about polls. I'm talking about that the young people in '08 was the only -- do you know this? -- it's the only demographic -- white demographic -- that Obama won, 18- to 29-year-olds. Every other demographic, over 29, Obama lost the white vote. Every single one."

Crime solved. Case closed. Book 'em, Danno. Except for one minor detail: No Democratic presidential candidate has won the "white vote" since 1964.

.....read more at the source above.

This article is good ammunition against the dumb idea the Tea Party is racist.

Not since LBJ until Obama and never again after this . There is a reason for that and it has to do with social policies , not skin color , dems are too stupid to figure it out though unless someone else does it for them .

Anti Federalist
11-18-2010, 07:54 PM
When asked why passage of the Civil Rights Act was so important, LBJ is quoted as saying:

"I'll have them ******* voting Democratic for two hundred years."

The quote is attributed to Lyndon Johnson by Ronald Kessler in his book "Inside the White House"

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0671879197/amzna9-1-20/ref=nosim/102-1386346-4868906?dev-t=D26XECQVNV6NDQ%26camp=2025%26link_code=xm2

oyarde
11-18-2010, 08:04 PM
When asked why passage of the Civil Rights Act was so important, LBJ is quoted as saying:

"I'll have them ******* voting Democratic for two hundred years."

The quote is attributed to Lyndon Johnson by Ronald Kessler in his book "Inside the White House"

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0671879197/amzna9-1-20/ref=nosim/102-1386346-4868906?dev-t=D26XECQVNV6NDQ%26camp=2025%26link_code=xm2

There he is , the real LBJ ....

GunnyFreedom
11-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Please please please please look hard and heavy at the Frederick Douglass Foundation (http://www.frederickdouglassfoundation.com/). The bottom line is that the Ron Paul platform is pretty much identical to the Frederick Douglass platform. Frederick Douglass was a cofounder of the Republican Party, and between Douglass and Lincoln, Douglass was the one that actually had it right.

We'd have to start NOW, but we can actually win the RP12 primary in the Black Community. I know because I did it in Roanoke Rapids. You have to start EARLY because it takes a lot of setup and work to pull it off, but it is MORE than worth it.

My position when I reached out to minority households was that "I am fighting to restore the Frederick Douglass vision of the Republican Party." That was not mere rhetoric IT IS TRUTH.

If we want to have the kind of impact to actually win the Oval Office in 2012, we need to reach out in a HUGE way to the Black community during 2011. In 2012 we can apply a more traditional focus, but we would be well served in the 2012 race to make it a priority during 2011 to reach out to the Black community. Frederick Douglass is the door that will allow us to do that.

DO NOT make it "just politics" as that is crooked. Make it the truth, and the whole truth.

Seriously, The Ron Paul platform and vision for the Republican Party is durn near PICTURE PERFECT identical to the Frederick Douglass platform and vision for the Republican Party, and one thing I learned is that Frederick Douglass is more highly respected than even MLK.

Make "traditional" GOP Primary targeting the priority from November 2011 through November 2012, but reaching out to the Black community should be our #1 priority from January 2011 through October 2011. This will accomplish a whole bunch of things that will set us up for the victory in 2012 EVEN IF WE DON'T WIN THEIR VOTES.

I can't stress this enough.

Please please please please look up the Frederick Douglass Foundation (http://www.frederickdouglassfoundation.com/), join it if you can, tell them "Glen Bradley" sent you (yes, they do know me) and spread the message farther and wider than any we ever have. Even if we don't win the Black vote, it is CRITICAL for Ron Paul to claim the moral high ground here. As it happens we don't even have to be 'politic' to do it, we happen to have the truth on our side. :D

cindy25
11-18-2010, 08:39 PM
the last time a Democrat appointed a white Christian to the Supreme court was when JFK was president.

Zippyjuan
11-18-2010, 09:13 PM
What does their race or religion matter? What is more important is what they think. We have had good and bad Justices (and congress people and presidents) who were white christian. That is not a qualification in determining if they will be a good justice or not.

oyarde
11-18-2010, 09:21 PM
What does their race or religion matter? What is more important is what they think. We have had good and bad Justices (and congress people and presidents) who were white christian. That is not a qualification in determining if they will be a good justice or not.

Correct , but I have heard people comment they think it is weird they are Catholic and Jewish and that represents a small percentage of US population . Makes no difference to me . I just want them to follow the Constition. If you look at some recent rulings , you will see the liberal justices are mentally impaired and cannot comprehend .. " shall not be infringed .. "

cindy25
11-18-2010, 09:23 PM
their race/religion does not matter but when one party selects for 45 years only minorities from their base (black, hispanic, Jewish) it shows their contempt for the white majority. surely in 45 years they could have appointed at least one.

if a Republican president appointed 3 Mormons from Utah the media would raise hell, but 3 Jews from New York City by a Democrat?

bunklocoempire
11-18-2010, 09:47 PM
Please please please please look hard and heavy at the Frederick Douglass Foundation (http://www.frederickdouglassfoundation.com/). The bottom line is that the Ron Paul platform is pretty much identical to the Frederick Douglass platform. Frederick Douglass was a cofounder of the Republican Party, and between Douglass and Lincoln, Douglass was the one that actually had it right.

We'd have to start NOW, but we can actually win the RP12 primary in the Black Community. I know because I did it in Roanoke Rapids. You have to start EARLY because it takes a lot of setup and work to pull it off, but it is MORE than worth it.

My position when I reached out to minority households was that "I am fighting to restore the Frederick Douglass vision of the Republican Party." That was not mere rhetoric IT IS TRUTH.

If we want to have the kind of impact to actually win the Oval Office in 2012, we need to reach out in a HUGE way to the Black community during 2011. In 2012 we can apply a more traditional focus, but we would be well served in the 2012 race to make it a priority during 2011 to reach out to the Black community. Frederick Douglass is the door that will allow us to do that.

DO NOT make it "just politics" as that is crooked. Make it the truth, and the whole truth.

Seriously, The Ron Paul platform and vision for the Republican Party is durn near PICTURE PERFECT identical to the Frederick Douglass platform and vision for the Republican Party, and one thing I learned is that Frederick Douglass is more highly respected than even MLK.

Make "traditional" GOP Primary targeting the priority from November 2011 through November 2012, but reaching out to the Black community should be our #1 priority from January 2011 through October 2011. This will accomplish a whole bunch of things that will set us up for the victory in 2012 EVEN IF WE DON'T WIN THEIR VOTES.

I can't stress this enough.

Please please please please look up the Frederick Douglass Foundation (http://www.frederickdouglassfoundation.com/), join it if you can, tell them "Glen Bradley" sent you (yes, they do know me) and spread the message farther and wider than any we ever have. Even if we don't win the Black vote, it is CRITICAL for Ron Paul to claim the moral high ground here. As it happens we don't even have to be 'politic' to do it, we happen to have the truth on our side. :D

Good stuff Gunny, thanks.

+ 1776!

Bunkloco

Zippyjuan
11-18-2010, 10:35 PM
There is only one black justice and he was appointed by George HW Bush- a Republican. New York is where most of the best law schools are and where most lawyers work so it should not be too much of a surprise that Justices come from there. Three of the Republican nominees also come from New York, New Jersey area. Only nominating white males can be seen as showing contempt.