PDA

View Full Version : Vote the bastards out.

american.swan
11-18-2010, 07:26 PM
We have to make this a reality. Vote more of the bastards out. http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mrz111810dAPR20101118034603.jpg

Anti Federalist
11-18-2010, 09:11 PM
http://i.usatoday.net/news/opinion/_photos/2010/11/09/e101109_Keefepg-vertical.jpg

tpreitzel
11-18-2010, 09:37 PM
No, I'm NOT ready for another dance... a letter written to a private group: ;)

Hi,

Frankly, I'm furious at both the votes of our federal senators, but it's not entirely unexpected. Enzi has been past due for retirement for some time, but I didn't expect Barrasso to follow in his footsteps so quickly. The bill, S. 510, is dangerous on many levels, but the votes of Barrasso and Enzi now leave little doubt their primary concern is appealing to special interests, i.e. big agribusiness, and not the tenants of liberty or the voice of the people. These two senators must simply be replaced as soon as possible. Do you know of any liberty-oriented candidates we, the people of Wyoming, can run against them in the primary when their current terms expire? We need to plan now to offer the people of Wyoming a true choice, not a hack approved by the corrupt leadership of the Republican party.

Thank you for allowing this intrusion on a URL primarily dedicated to state issues, but this issue of corruption by our federal senators is ultimately a state issue, i.e. one where the 17th amendment needs axing and the constitutional intent of our founders obeyed by having our state legislatures appoint senators instead of directly electing them. We can then fight any corruption of US senators closer to home.

I thank you and look forward to hearing from you on possible candidates to field against Barrasso and Enzi.

tpreitzel
11-18-2010, 09:46 PM
Personally, the graphic very accurately reflects my anger and I suspect many others as well. I'd like this thread to be a sticky so I'm constantly reminded of that anger and the proper role of political parties, i.e. as vehicles for the will of the people *, not groups of special interests with bags of money.

* Ideally, if political parties truly reflected the will of the people, we'd have none at all. Voters would simply vote for candidates based on constitutional principle. I fully realize that political parties are basically vehicles for groups of special interests. If we don't outright ban political parties, hopefully we, the people, can basically make them irrelevant by infiltrating both major parties and guiding them back to constitutional principle, admittedly a tall order.

98Tokay
11-18-2010, 09:49 PM
Don't vote.

Anti Federalist
11-20-2010, 03:32 PM
///