PDA

View Full Version : Killing Two Birds With One Stone

gmason06
10-20-2007, 02:42 PM
We all know time is very short/it is crunch time. Therefore, it is essential that we get as much bang for our buck/time as possible.

Success in two areas, IMO, leads to the greatest overall return to our effort to get RP nominated/elected our next Potus:

1. Total Fund Raising-Let's face it, this is the way the game is played and we can all see that our most important breakthrough to date has come largely(solely?) due to putting up respectable F R numbers.

2. Gain more new committed/diehard supporters to our cause-i.e. each additional foot soldier for the effort has great potential for a multiplier effect (the "and they told two people" concept). Additionally, any person recruited to the cause with the dedication to help spread the good word has a high probability of contributing money/casting a vote.

How to kill the above two birds with the most efficient stone possible?

My proposal to answer that question follows(in brief):

***The proposal is to initiate an organized but decentralized phone bank operation as soon as the basic details can be agreed upon.******

-Many of us have unlimited domestic long distance phone plans, as such our costs for calling masses of people in Iowa/NH/SC/MI/WY/etc. over the next few months are no greater than under normal circumstances.

-Actively/directly explaining RP's message is more effective than simply encouraging people to "do their own research", helps eliminate the chance that the message is garbled/an incorrect first impression and allows for immediate feedback as to acceptance of the message and data to measure progress.

I have further support for my contention that this proposal is the best way, at this time, to achieve 1. and 2. above and have some specific ideas about how best to implement this proposal but I would first like to ask for feedback from the members of this forum as to whether the concept is worth exploring further. Please take a few moments to consider my proposal and express your view on the matter.

Thanks

gm

PS- If this idea has been proposed before I apologize for not being aware of that fact and request to be directed to the relevant info/contact.

gmason06
10-20-2007, 03:32 PM
There are many advantages to be gained from speaking with potential new supporters one on one. Voice communication can only be accomplished either in person(door to door) or on the phone.

-Speaking directly allows insight into what part(s) of the RP/freedom message are likely to be best received by any particular recipient of the message, allowing the possibility of emphasizing what is important to that individual and receiving feedback on specific objections and correcting misconceptions/misperceptions.

Phoning is preferable vs door to door because it is far more efficient in time/cost vs door to door and allows a base of volunteers spread across the nation to quickly and in far greater numbers to focus attention on a narrow geographic area(State, County, City, etc.) as conditions change/warrant over time.

jgmaynard
10-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Perhaps someone could create a database with Rs (and in state's with open primaries, I/Ds) listed on it with their phone numbers. Since it would be public record, anyone who wanted to could call a person on that list off a site, then mark them off as called. Updated numbers could show what % had been called and even have a basic response.
Just a thought.

JM

gmason06
10-20-2007, 03:56 PM
for the feedback.

Your comment was basically what I had concluded in order to avoid duplicate calls and to measure progress.

What do you think of the concept in general? Do you think it is worthwhile to organize a decentralized phone bank? A simple Yes or No is very helpful, more if you wish.

A Ron Paul Rebel
10-20-2007, 05:08 PM
I think it'd be a good idea but then again, I don't
know what intels in setting that up.

A Ron Paul Rebel

p.s. www.ronpaulsrebels.com is what I've proposed
to uniting thousands to take actions with the purpose
of getting new Ron Paul fans involved... You're idea
might fit in nicely.