PDA

View Full Version : Government conducts raids on farms and co-ops using your tax dollars

Esor
11-18-2010, 10:19 AM
Video below

This summer armed government agents raided Rawesome Foods, a Venice, California health food co-op. What were the agents after? Unpasteurized milk, it turns out.

Raw milk raids are happening all over the United States. The Food and Drug Administration warns that raw milk consumption can cause health problems, but a growing community of raw foods enthusiasts are ignoring government recommendations and claiming that they are getting tastier, more nutritious food by going raw.

Reason.tv visited Rawesome to examine the circumstances of the raid and discovered that this particular raw foods case stretches across county lines and involves at least five separate government agencies, despite the fact that not a single member of Rawesome has complained or been harmed by the raw foods. In fact, members have to sign a contract stating that they understand and accept the risks of consuming raw foods before they are allowed to step inside.

If members of a private club sign a waiver stating that they want to drink a certain type of milk, why is the government getting involved? As Jarel Winterhawk, a manager at Rawesome, puts it, "This is America. How are you going to tell me what I can and cannot eat?"

Though no charges have yet resulted from the raid, Rawesome is threated with shutdown due to the involvement of yet another government agency, Los Angeles Department of Building and Safety, and the club's raw goat milk supplier, Healthy Family Farms, has had its dairy license suspended.

YouTube - Raw Foods Raid - The Fight For the Right To Eat What You Want (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioN0ehlyyXI)

speciallyblend
11-18-2010, 10:48 AM
<<< beyond mad!!!!

puppetmaster
11-18-2010, 11:12 AM
our gov does not want us to be healthy and live longer......Raw foods then vitamins....

roho76
11-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Being California, I bet none of these people disagree with "paying their fair share" which in turn enables this type of government thuggery.

Travlyr
11-18-2010, 11:22 AM
The way to defeat these crimes may be to replace the sheriff, the D.A. and county board members with constitutional minded sheriff, D.A. and board members. ASAP.

Anti Federalist
11-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Look for more of this when S510 passes.

oyarde
11-18-2010, 02:16 PM
Look for more of this when S510 passes.

Bastards !

raistlinkishtar
11-18-2010, 02:41 PM
This reminds me of the forced food confiscations that happened in the Ukraine by the Soviets.

This was the cause of the largest genocide in history (the Holodomor).
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e7/HolodomorWindsor.jpg

oyarde
11-18-2010, 02:42 PM
This reminds me of the forced food confiscations that happened in the Ukraine by the Soviets.

This was the cause of the largest genocide in history (the Holodomor).

I have thought about that as well .

Esor
11-18-2010, 03:36 PM
This type of shit pisses me off. I can barely write my thoughts about it because it is just so... goddamn wrong.
1)They are a private membership which means...
2)they have to sign a waver
3)It is their choice to consume the food
4)They are ruining a viable business and family farm

I could go on...

What makes me even more mad, tax payer dollars are funding all of this.

oyarde
11-18-2010, 03:40 PM
This type of shit pisses me off. I can barely write my thoughts about it because it is just so... goddamn wrong.

I could go on...

yES , YOU ARE CORRECT . uSING TAX DOLLARS TO DESTROY A FAMILY FARM.

Esor
11-18-2010, 03:44 PM

I could go on...

Oh, and what even makes me more furious than furious....

NOBODY CARES

well besides like 1% of the population... many others would probably care, if they new about it via major media outlets that barely cover stories like this.

awake
11-18-2010, 04:11 PM
This is the cancer growing; the government runs health care, and as a cost reduction strategy, methodically prohibits any thing they think 'might' be a risk to your health - cost to them.

Esor
11-18-2010, 04:30 PM
The is the cancer growing; the government runs health care, and as a cost reduction strategy, methodically prohibits any they think 'might' be a risk to your health - cost to them.

Exactly.
That is the catch-22. Government take-over increases exponentially. Healthcare then comes the banning of all the "bad foods," which has already started in the name of keeping healthcare "low cost." Seat belt laws, helmet laws. Banning of cigarettes and energy-alcohol drinks. Dont you see? WAKE UP AMERICA.