PDA

View Full Version : Conservatives4Palin points out Rand was stronger general election candidate than Trey

sailingaway
11-18-2010, 07:00 AM
would have been:

Paul Ended Up Being a Much Stronger General Election Candidate than Trey Grayson

http://microblogbuzz.com/redirect/86724749

It has already been discussed here, of course.

thomas-in-ky
11-18-2010, 07:29 AM
I find it fascinating that a statistically significant poll was conducted to test this. (of course, the validity of the poll could be questioned because the hypothetical candidates weren't actually campaigning.) But if you click through to that poll, it also suggests that Jim Bunning would have easily won against Conway, and that Mongiardo would have been a tougher challenger for Rand Paul. Perhaps the die was cast when Conway defeated Mongiardo by less than a percent in the primary.

sailingaway
11-18-2010, 07:31 AM
I find it fascinating that a statistically significant poll was conducted to test this. (of course, the validity of the poll could be questioned because the hypothetical candidates weren't actually campaigning.) But if you click through to that poll, it also suggests that Jim Bunning would have easily won against Conway, and that Mongiardo would have been a tougher challenger for Rand Paul. Perhaps the die was cast when Conway defeated Mongiardo by less than a percent in the primary.

What it can't test is how those who DIDN'T run would have faired under months of negative advertising leading up to the poll date in November. In my mind they could only have done worse, though, not better than those running.

If Mongiardo had won, Rand might have had to run a different campaign, seeking out progressives on civil liberties, etc.

itshappening
11-18-2010, 07:37 AM
I do think we can thank the Daily Kos for getting behind Conway and helping him win

I honestly think Lt. Dan would have run Rand close, he would have taken a lot of votes from Paul, shamelessly promising pork but also allowing conservative voters to feel comfortable with him.

itshappening
11-18-2010, 07:37 AM
double post