PDA

View Full Version : I think Ron Pauls new TSA bill should be law for ALL GOVT AGENCIES

Chester Copperpot
11-17-2010, 10:25 PM
This type of law should be made for each and every govt agency.. be it FDA, IRS, etc.. When they illegally seize peoples' property or violate our rights they should be held accountable just as much as you or I or anyone of us..

Jefferson's maxim seems true here - When people fear the govt there is tyranny but when the govt fears the people there is liberty.

mczerone
11-17-2010, 10:45 PM
This type of law should be made for each and every govt agency.. be it FDA, IRS, etc.. When they illegally seize peoples' property or violate our rights they should be held accountable just as much as you or I or anyone of us..

Jefferson's maxim seems true here - When people fear the govt there is tyranny but when the govt fears the people there is liberty.

That's great except the only real remedy would be by injunction; damage awards would just come from taxes, the printing press, or increased deficit spending. The only way to really get restitution or punish malicious behavior would be to insulate these agencies from federal funding, to convert them into private firms, and allow competing firms to be able to ensure that a single agency's failure wouldn't leave the market without regulation.

Which, of course, would be a just solution. But it would involve stripping D.C. of power it currently enjoys, so it's not going to happen from the top down.

Xenophage
11-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Throw the crooks in jail.