PDA

View Full Version : Man arrested after punching TSA screener in Indy

Anti Federalist
11-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Man arrested after punching TSA screener in Indy

http://www.indystar.com/article/20101117/NEWS02/11170365/Man-arrested-after-punching-Indianapolis-TSA-screener?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CCommunitie s

A Connecticut man has been arrested after exchanging words and punching a TSA screener at a security checkpoint at Indianapolis International Airport.

According to a report from airport police, John A. Christina, 51, Simsbury, Conn., was charged with battery as a misdemeanor in connection with the incident about 2:50 p.m. Tuesday at the Concourse B checkpoint.

Christina, who could not be reached for comment today, was released from jail on $150 bond and scheduled in Marion Superior Court 10 on Dec. 13.

Jim Fotenos, spokesman for the Transportation Security Agency, said in an airport police report, "Our transportation security officers work on the front lines to protect the nation from a terrorist attack and physical violence against them is shameful. TSA will work with local authorities to see that appropriate action is taken."

Airport officials declined further comment while the incident is under investigation.
Similar security checkpoint incidents at other U.S. airports have drawn concern and protests the past two weeks since TSA instituted search and pat-down procedures that some fliers believe are too personal and intrusive.

It is not completely clear from the police report why Christina punched TSA agent Gregory J. Hutman, 28, Vandalia, Ohio.

The report does not indicate that Christina refused to be screened before entering the concourse and boarding an airplane. He had already stood and been scanned in a full-body advanced imaging machine before the incident.
After he stepped from the machine, the men talked, but full details of the exchange are not in the police report.

But it indicates that Christina said he has a history of medical issues, including two metal implants, a colostomy bag and a fused right wrist.
According to the report, as Christina stepped from the scanner, he asked Hutman a question, though the report doesn't provide details.

Hutman responded, according to the report, "He's not from the Indianapolis airport and was not familiar with the process you are talking about." The report doesn't explain further.

"After the conversation, Christina punched him with his right closed fist in the middle of his chest," the report said.
When Hutman asked why Christina hit him, Christina said, "I was only kidding with you," according to the report.

libertybrewcity
11-17-2010, 10:25 PM
he didn't even refuse the scan?...

james1906
11-17-2010, 10:27 PM
If this goes to a jury trial and the jury nullifies, this will mark the end of the TSA as we know it.

FrankRep
11-17-2010, 10:28 PM
John A. Christina: Don't Touch my Junk!

Live Free or Die
11-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Poor guy has a colostomy bag. What do you want to bet the TSA creep pulled his shirt up in front of everybody? Or dislodged his bag from the stoma & adhesive? Poor guy had probably had it up to ^ here ^ on every flight since '01 and just snapped.

t0rnado
11-17-2010, 10:55 PM
Jim Fotenos, spokesman for the Transportation Security Agency, said in an airport police report, "Our transportation security officers work on the front lines to protect the nation from a terrorist attack and physical violence against them is shameful. TSA will work with local authorities to see that appropriate action is taken."

Bullshit! The "terrorists" in Yemen and Afghanistan don't shoot X-RAYs at us and they don't fondle us so that we can travel. The TSA agents are the ones terrorizing us and they deserve all the violence directed towards them.

Pericles
11-17-2010, 11:22 PM
This is how it will start - somebody reaches the breaking point, and then here comes the dogpile. Getting closer, closer, closer ..................

bwlibertyman
11-17-2010, 11:30 PM
aweomse!

Anti Federalist
11-17-2010, 11:35 PM
http://www.flickdirect.com/images/movies/v-for-vendetta/v-for-vendetta_6.jpg

heavenlyboy34
11-17-2010, 11:46 PM
Nice post, AF. Nice to see some folks standing up to those thugs. :cool:

Texan4Life
11-18-2010, 12:04 AM
awesome... but it doesn't sound like he hit him hard

KevinR
11-18-2010, 12:22 AM
Don't grope me bro!!!

j6p
11-18-2010, 11:49 AM
According to Glen Beck we should comply with the TSA agents.

dannno
11-18-2010, 11:57 AM

:eek:

:rolleyes:;)

TC95
11-18-2010, 12:02 PM
They were probably trying to grope him, which is ridiculous since he walked through their stupid scanner. I thought you got out of the groping if you appeased them by walking through the scanner. Apparently, you may still get molested.

TC95
11-18-2010, 12:04 PM

Glen Beck is scum.

Krugerrand
11-18-2010, 12:05 PM
EDIT - On further review, I mis-read.

Anti Federalist
11-18-2010, 12:12 PM

Link or quote please.

KCIndy
11-18-2010, 01:11 PM
The man who threw the "punch" meant it as a joke, according to the man's interview in the Indianapolis Star newspaper:

http://www.indystar.com/article/20101118/LOCAL18/11180408/Man-says-he-meant-no-harm-in-hitting-TSA-agent-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|News

Looks like he's been successfully "re-educated" by the State.

I Love Big Brother... I Love Big Brother.... :rolleyes:

oyarde
11-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Charges should be quietly dropped .

oyarde
11-18-2010, 03:09 PM
TSA in Indy routinely mess with the handicapped I have noticed . I have been in and out of there just less than twenty times in the past couple of years .

oyarde
11-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Bump , for the tsa handicap haters .

QueenB4Liberty
11-18-2010, 05:50 PM
"I just wanted to make sure of the information and the procedure. I know now it's against the law to touch someone in the TSA."

But they can touch us? Fuck that shit! :mad:

jmdrake
11-18-2010, 05:55 PM
While I don't condone violence, the fact that the TSA thinks it can fine you $10,000 just for exercising his unalienable rights to refuse to be searched (http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/kswb-man-faces-fine-for-refusing-tsa-scan,0,7222070.story), then so what if they give you a misdameanor assault charge? Of course I bet they'll try to make this a felony somehow. (Assaulting a "federal official" or some garbage).

Anti Federalist
11-18-2010, 05:55 PM

Silence, Mundane! :mad:

It's for your own good!

Now, drop your jeans and panties and get your feet in these stirrups.

Anti Federalist
11-18-2010, 05:57 PM

The Essence of Libertarianism

Posted by Lew Rockwell on November 18, 2010 05:53 PM

Ron Paul’s new anti-TSA legislation enshrines the key lesson of the freedom philosophy: the government is not above the moral law. If it is wrong for you and me, it is wrong for people in government suits, too. That includes bombing, kidnapping, stealing, and counterfeiting, and calling these acts war, conscription, taxation, and monetary policy does not change their essence. That is true of TSA crimes too.

jmdrake
11-18-2010, 05:57 PM
The man who threw the "punch" meant it as a joke, according to the man's interview in the Indianapolis Star newspaper:

http://www.indystar.com/article/20101118/LOCAL18/11180408/Man-says-he-meant-no-harm-in-hitting-TSA-agent-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|News

Looks like he's been successfully "re-educated" by the State.

I Love Big Brother... I Love Big Brother.... :rolleyes:

More likely he was advised by his lawyer to make a conciliatory statement while the lawyer tries to cut some kind of deal. I doubt the feds want the potential embarrassing outcome from a jury trial over this.

Anti Federalist
11-18-2010, 06:01 PM
While I don't condone violence, the fact that the TSA thinks it can fine you $10,000 just for exercising his unalienable rights to refuse to be searched (http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/kswb-man-faces-fine-for-refusing-tsa-scan,0,7222070.story), then so what if they give you a misdameanor assault charge? Of course I bet they'll try to make this a felony somehow. (Assaulting a "federal official" or some garbage).

Stopping an imminent and ongoing sexual assault is not enough to "condone violence"??

I'll be brutally honest about it, I'm a pussy.

The threat of 10 to 20 years in a federal government rape cage is enough to make me keep my hands to myself.

If it was not for that, I'd knock the fucking block off of the first TSA fuck that touched me.

jmdrake
11-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Stopping an imminent and ongoing sexual assault is not enough to "condone violence"??

I'll be brutally honest about it, I'm a pussy.

The threat of 10 to 20 years in a federal government rape cage is enough to make me keep my hands to myself.

If it was not for that, I'd knock the fucking block off of the first TSA fuck that touched me.

So you're also not condoning violence. ;) But note, I didn't say it was never appropriate. It's just often counterproductive. It would be better in this case to be able to have the TSA agent arrested or to be able to sue them. (Let's work like TSA agents to make sure that bill passes). But as it stands now the feds have taken away all peaceful recourse. I recall somebody once saying something about "Those who make peaceful revolutions impossible make violent ones inevitable". Let's help Ron push for the ability to peacefully resolve this issue.

And note. I chose my words carefully. I use my real name and I know this forum is watched by my local political enemies.

Anti Federalist
11-18-2010, 06:10 PM
So you're also not condoning violence. ;) But note, I didn't say it was never appropriate. It's just often counterproductive. It would be better in this case to be able to have the TSA agent arrested or to be able to sue them. (Let's work like TSA agents to make sure that bill passes). But as it stands now the feds have taken away all peaceful recourse. I recall somebody once saying something about "Those who make peaceful revolutions impossible make violent ones inevitable". Let's help Ron push for the ability to peacefully resolve this issue.

And note. I chose my words carefully. I use my real name and I know this forum is watched by my local political enemies.

Understood. ;)