PDA

View Full Version : Lurkers from the "other" side

TVMH
10-20-2007, 01:36 PM
I was reading the "Attacks on RP" thread, and thought this topic deserved its own thread (mods feel free to move if you see fit).

One thing we all have to understand is that this campaign is about "revolutionary" ideas that appear to be very threatening to a lot of people whom are dependent upon the "machine" (Malkin, O'Reilly, Hannity, just to name a few).

I am 100% certain that there are lurkers from the "opposition" scouring these boards looking for something to use against the campaign, and I am also certain that the hit-pieces will not stop.

We have an advantage here, and I don't mind sharing it with the lurkers...we tell the truth. We have nothing to hide.

Hiding in secrecy is the province of liars and thieves.

Wanna raise money on November 5th? Go for it.

Wanna compare the movement to "V for Vendetta"? More power to you; I find it to be an entirely appropriate analogy.

Just don't expect to do so without being ridiculed, because we WILL continue to be ridiculed.

I used to loathe being ridiculed (it hurt my widdle feewings :) ), but now, I almost embrace it.

Why? Because being made fun of confirms to me that I am right.

If anyone has to resort to ad hominem attacks (Malkin, O'Reilly, Hannity, just to name a few) in lieu of a genuinely honest debate, you know you are right.

Let's all take an example from Dr. Paul and deploy the "sticks and stones" strategy...we should focus our energy on positive things as opposed to arguing with the likes of Malkin, O'Reilly, Hannity and giving them the attention that they so desperately crave; arguing with them only legitimizes their popularity and steals time from positive endeavors.

Dr. Paul has used his position as a true conservative Republican to get himself national exposure, and that's a good thing.

But if we play "their" game from here on out, we will lose.

Stick with the Truth, because Truth prevails every time.

Chester Copperpot
10-20-2007, 01:45 PM
NO different than the way the British ridiculed us by calling us yankee doodles... Originally meant as an insult - a country bumpkin if you will; Americans began using it as a term of endearmeant and pride, even coming up with our own music for a song.. We're Yankee Doodles all right and we're proud of it. We're Yankee Doodles and we kicked the ass of the biggest military power of the 18th century... We're still Yankee Doodles and we're going to kick the ass of the biggest corrupt political machines in this country..

SO keep, laughing at us, we can take it - all the way to the voting booth.

(in case anybody is curious, there are alot of RP supporters here who are related to old school Yankee Doodles, me for one... so if its in our blood to have a revolution again, now is as good a time as any.)

davidkachel
10-20-2007, 01:47 PM
so if its in our blood to have a revolution again, now is as good a time as any.)

Have ammo box. Will travel.

Seriously, the original posting makes several good points.
The opposition wants no true discourse, no truth, no wisdom, they just want to mouth their slogans and either make us look foolish or get us to do it ourselves.
You just can't go wrong repeating the truth over and over again, calmly and respectfully. It's just like erosion. Eventually they'll be worn away.

reaver
10-20-2007, 01:48 PM
If someone starts a discussion with you in a topic like "mike outpaces ron" or "Ron draws racists" ignore them. They are trying to alter our appearance to bystanders.

blamx8
10-20-2007, 01:54 PM
Your thread made me think that we should build on the name calling just like the colonists did. What about t-shirts that boast something like:

Freedom freaks ROCK!!
ronpaul2008.com

or liberty lunatics, or constitutional kooks. :)

Dary
10-20-2007, 01:55 PM
My candidate for president is Ron Paul. For this I am labeled by the opposition as a tinfoil hat wearer and a cultist.

If their opinion meant anything to me I would be offended.

Fortunately the opinions of those who do matter to me label me as an American, a father and a son. They label me as a good person respectful of others.

Ron Paul is one of those people whose opinion matters to me.

His message encourages us to believe that there will be a better tomorrow.

Go Ron go! Go deliver that message for us.

Keith
10-20-2007, 01:56 PM
I welcome lurkers from the other side to come hang out with us and find out what the Ron Paul Revolution is all about. Please come visit our meetup groups!

You want to know what gets people excited about a candidate? Think you can copy our technique and get people excited about your candidate? Come on in.

You will find that people get excited about a candidate that is worth getting excited about. Try your best to fool people into thinking that your candidate is the real deal, but there is only one Ron Paul in the race.

jgmaynard
10-20-2007, 01:56 PM
Or T-Shirts that say "Just another RON PAUL spammer"

JM

Drknows
10-20-2007, 02:03 PM
We have a cutting-edge campaign we need to embrace it because its working,

And to the the lurkers who are against us i bet you guys wished you had a grass roots movement like this.

Seth M.
10-20-2007, 02:04 PM
Who knows what Ron Pauls MBTI type is? I am betting he is a INFJ or INFP

"The INFP is a special, sensitive individual who needs a career which is more than a job. The INFP needs to feel that everything they do in their lives is in accordance with their strongly-felt value systems, and is moving them and/or others in a positive, growth-oriented direction. They are driven to do something meaningful and purposeful with their lives. The INFP will be happiest in careers which allow them to live their daily lives in accordance with their values, and which work towards the greater good of humanity. "

on topic...

WWRPD?

Seth M.
10-20-2007, 02:12 PM

JM

Here is mine

front "rEVOLution" large font black red
front "www.RonPaul2008.com" smaller font red white blue color

back "I love my country like Ron." medium font with American flag back drop behind "love"

blamx8
10-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Another that would go over well in this neck of the woods is

"I'm an old school Republican"

Roxi
10-20-2007, 03:10 PM

JM

I would buy one

stalcottsmith
10-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Who knows what Ron Pauls MBTI type is? I am betting he is a INFJ or INFP

"The INFP is a special, sensitive individual who needs a career which is more than a job. The INFP needs to feel that everything they do in their lives is in accordance with their strongly-felt value systems, and is moving them and/or others in a positive, growth-oriented direction. They are driven to do something meaningful and purposeful with their lives. The INFP will be happiest in careers which allow them to live their daily lives in accordance with their values, and which work towards the greater good of humanity. "

on topic...

WWRPD?

Strong ENTP here. I've been trying to guess Paul's type. Do we have any SJ's on this board? Do they go for Paul?

Ozwest
10-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Like your style! I'm sure you speak for many of us.

RevolutionSD
10-20-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm an INTP!
Although I switch between 'T' and 'F'.

I was really into this personality typing for a while but I'm not sure it really helps with much.

p.s. did you know that 70% of the world are extroverts and 30% are introverts? It's interesting being in the minority in that category.

Wilkero
10-20-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm an INTP. I wouldn't be surprised if Ron Paul is an NT based on the fact that he seems to take a "big picture" approach, especially with economics.

Seth M.
10-20-2007, 03:57 PM
I am an INFJ. And have been very interested in typology.. It doesnt help in the "big picture" BUT in interpersonal relations it is very helpful to know who youre talking to... Not that typology is perfect for that, but it does allow you to best guess someones view point or perspective. This knowledge used positively allows you to for instance sell things easily, console someone in need, firm together or sew up a group of people.. etc..

They say Carter was an INFJ... that is debatable.

I stand by my guess that Ron is an INFP. I suspect that is why he is so witty. His intelligence and empathy allows him to internally formulate everything very quickly and speak with care and respect every time.

Santana28
10-20-2007, 10:17 PM
<~~~ INTJ

Mwoohahaha.... :eek:

http://www.personalitypage.com/INTJ.html