John Edwards 0 0.00%
Mike Gravel 0 0.00%
Bill Richardson 0 0.00%
Total 952 100%

For more information about this event, visit

He didn't win many with his eye opening speech at the onsite conference :(

TechnoGuyRob
10-20-2007, 01:36 PM
...The online poll that we all participated in?

I smell fudging with the results. There's no way that after all this publicity of the poll in the forums, he came out with 25 votes online.

steph3n
10-20-2007, 01:37 PM
no, that was 25 votes ONSITE

DrNoZone
10-20-2007, 01:37 PM
...The online poll that we all participated in?

I smell fudging with the results. There's no way that after all this publicity of the poll in the forums, he came out with 25 votes online.

That's onsite, not online.

BLS
10-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Great.......

Huckabee wins again because he's a freaking religious nut job.
That's fine...but Mitt Romney?? Doesn't everyone KNOW he's a liar?

steph3n
10-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Great.......

Huckabee wins again because he's a freaking religious nut job.
That's fine...but Mitt Romney?? Doesn't everyone KNOW he's a liar?

Romney mass mailed his entire base to give a $1 and vote. i'd say from our simple forum reaction we did really well!

mavtek
10-20-2007, 01:41 PM
Keep in mind my wife tried to vote, but it wouldn't let her because she was trying to use the same credit card I used. So keep that in mind.

steph3n
10-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Keep in mind my wife tried to vote, but it wouldn't let her because she was trying to use the same credit card I used. So keep that in mind.

and we all know, that two people is only one vote in real life :D (at the same time I am sure some huckabee and romney supporters had the same issue)

reaver
10-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Wow, when they find out their banks are out of money and their life savings went up in smoke they'll all wonder what happened.

speciallyblend
10-20-2007, 01:46 PM
I knew they would divide the votes with online and onsite,so it was a moneyt trap.
Forget the polls just show up on voting day.

AdamT
10-20-2007, 01:47 PM
These people are so damn blind it's unbelievable.

Bobby Johnson
10-20-2007, 01:49 PM
It is also likely that the people who came to the FRC values voters conference already had their minds made up as to who they would vote for. Since Ron Paul is still working on name recognition with these people, the results are not suprising to me.

What IS surprising to me is Romney's win. He is after all a Mormon. If anybody would have an issue with his religion, it seems like it would be these people.

steph3n
Actually if these people come to seek out Dr Paul's message they may change, it takes time to resonate!

Johnnybags
To me, the audience deserved the right. Obviously everyone got trounced but the Huckster. Look at Ghouls, the national frontrunner? What a joke he is. All Ghouls has, sorry to say, is large Jewish donors and security company employees. Now, it remains to be seen how much, if any cash goes Hucksters way. Romney purchased the online results which do not reflect the audience. Heck, what is 2 grand for Mitt. We all know we could have easily walked away with the online crown, but its more important to see where we need to refine the message for Hucks eventual voters because he will not be funded well outside the Bible Belt.

Bobby Johnson
10-20-2007, 01:54 PM
Actually if these people come to seek out Dr Paul's message they may change, it takes time to resonate!

Agreed. He has many stands that should and would resonate with these people. Remove government interference from churches, christian schools, homeshooling groups, and parental control over their children. Need I go on?:D

cmc
10-20-2007, 01:57 PM
I expected Thompson to do better. If this represented true support for Huck then wouldn't he be a little closer to his whopping $200K Oct goal?

steph3n
10-20-2007, 01:59 PM
I expected Thompson to do better. If this represented true support for Huck then wouldn't he be a little closer to his whopping $200K Oct goal?

He was just the best there, they don't really support him. Dr Paul is who they will support after they really look into the matter and pray about it :) I know it took me a little while too!

ItsTime
10-20-2007, 02:08 PM
huck-a-tv for the next week on MSM

steph3n
10-20-2007, 02:10 PM
huck-a-tv for the next week on MSM
more time to pander and flip flop to see the real person.

"share the wealth" his scariest quote!

M.Bellmore
10-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Too bad we couldn't even get 1500 RP supporters to vote.

Starks
10-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Keep in mind, both the online and onsite results were sent to the MSM.

Karsten
10-20-2007, 02:29 PM
We're doing pretty well in the straw polls over all. I refused to donate even $1 to this orginization to vote in this poll. Keep in mind, these are RELIGIOUS CONSERVATIVES, so the fact that we came in 3rd is great. As much as people think we need to go after religious conservatives and rally them, it's not going to happen. Our base is MODERATES:

http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/articles/ron-paul-surging-in-the-polls-among-moderates.html

I've been to tons of meetups and never seen many bible-thumpers. It's mostly independent thinkers, whom don't think of themselves as "liberal" or "conservative", who were apathetic or didn't like the system at all before Ron Paul. These are the people we need to rally. Generally, over half of eligable registered voters DO NOT VOTE in general elections. It's much less that vote during primary elections. There are enough of them to rally and win the primaries in a landslide.

I believe the official campaign originally planned to rally fed up "old-right" conservatives. The old website had a picture of Reagan on the front page, and how Ron Paul was a real conservative. Now, with all the grassroots activity, his campaign realizes that his supporters are diverse. The change between the original and new slim jim also reflects this change in strategy.

There are also those who believe that we should target Democrats to switch over or Obama supporters. This is likewise rediculous, especially with the party change deadlines. Target moderates, especially in New Hampshire. There are more people fed up with the system than all Republican Primary voters combined. Target them.

frasu
10-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Too bad we couldn't even get 1500 RP supporters to vote.

yeah, what was bad out of this is the number of people we got on our side... 865? we used to do better... sucks

fj45lvr
10-20-2007, 02:30 PM
the official site said that the results would be released MONDAY....as if you could vote ALL weekend.

?????

I can't fathom how people can hear Paul and not have his message resonate....simply amazing.

The must really really be afraid of the boogey man or believe "honor" means "staying course" and killing more because "victory" is thought to be achievable.....they don't believe the MSM....granted the MSM is too afraid to actually go out and report on what happens in IRAQ (for security reasons)!!! So who knows??? Maybe the Iraqis? the people who want you to leave by a large margin!

RP4ME
10-20-2007, 02:40 PM
no many think Isreal supersedes all decsions and we need to protect her!:mad:

synthetic
10-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Most of these people think we're fighting a holy war and that their religon is under attack. Its not their fault, its been broadcast for the past 6 years on every tv, newspaper and radio station round-the-clock. Most of the time they aren't even called terrorists, they do it one better and call them "Islamic extremists". That scares the shit out of the religous right more so than any terror attack.

scrosnoe
10-20-2007, 11:31 PM
I was tremendously disappointed that Ron Paul didn't do better in this poll than he did and I came here looking for the reason and I found it in this thread.

Please don't get mad at me here, because I am just the messenger - we need to get a little introspective here about the campaign and how it is perceived by the Christian right. The reason Ron is not doing better there is largely because of the campaign attitude about 'those' people.

Well they are a major voting block who has been stomped on by the people currently in office. Ron Paul should be resonating with them with his message (with a couple of tough issues exceptions that can be explained to them within his message) given the time that he was here. He did a terrific job and the problem with him picking up these people is not totally his message - but rather it is 'us'.

We didn't even go after the poll like we do most of them and it would have been easy to do and shift the perception within this crowd and win them over. We have to reach out to them and explain to them that the freedom message works for them as well. After all God thought freedom was important enough to give us a choice . . .

Comeon folks let's go after the right as well as the left. I want Ron in office and the Christian voting block should belong to him not some third party faction. Let's win this one for the good doctor and make the Christians feel at home here and wanted and needed and valued.

We are really pretty hard workers and we have connections in the heavenlies too:D

goRPaul
10-21-2007, 12:14 AM
I am SHOCKED!!!

that Hillary got five votes.

CurtisLow
10-21-2007, 12:46 AM
Since I paid my dollar, I wrote them a PM and said since I'm a paid member could you please correct the campaign donation page because Ron Paul made over five million dollars last quarter not $525,919

thank you,

lol

kaligula
10-21-2007, 02:42 AM
What i take from the poll results is that FRC just got an online influx of about 800 libertarians into their membership.