PDA

View Full Version : The Neo-Con Wing is losing control of the GOP - Big Time!

Beanie_N
11-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Don't believe me? Read the comments on this thread from Hot Air:

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/11/16/mccain-im-worried-about-isolationists-like-rand-paul-wanting-to-cut-defense-spending/

The commenters are about as generic Republicans as you can get. I usually don't read general conservative blogs like this because they're always full of neon-cons and social-cons. But the title of this entry caught by attention so I thought I'd give it a read. And the commenters are absolutely tearing into McCain for suggesting that the Defense Budget is off the table for cuts. Almost every one of them.

You got comments like:

Let Europe defend Europe. Let Japan defend Japan. Let S. Korea defend S. Korea.

Let the US defend the US.

and

We have troops all over the world – in places like Germany? Why? Are we going to defend Germany if the Russians hit them? I sincerely hope not – the Germans don’t deserve one ounce of American blood spilled to protect them. That goes for every other European nation also.

We need to rebuild here – and yes, we need a VERY strong military – but we don’t need to protect the fools we’ve been protecting – they hate us.

LET THEM DEAL with the Russians and the Chinese.

and

First of all, I agree. Countries like Japan and Germany can afford to take care of themselves and they don’t seem to be so appreciative.

Then there are countries like South Korea. They know and we know that they are incapable of defending themselves; however, some of this is because we made them too dependent on us. Talk to the Koreans. They don’t hate us, but they don’t look at us as compassionate liberators. Consider the Beef Deal with the US. That alone was a huge headache. We’re better off maintaining good relations with them and giving them the appropriate time to build a sufficiently strong military to defend themselves… and then stepping back.

and

McCain is not a hawk. Barry Goldwater was a hawk. McCain in an Islamic Nation Building obsessive-compulsive freak.

Comments like these are being widely applauded. By "mainstream" conservatives. If I had any doubts that the GOP base is open to being converted to the ideals of liberty, they are gone now.

Sola_Fide
11-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Our Tea Party president here in northern Kentucky recently expressed this idea about troops in foreign soil too.

Very encouraging.

Beanie_N
11-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Rand Paul is a dove? So being non-interventionist is being a dove – yeah, right. I’m with Rand on it. The restof the world doesn’t like us anyway, we should protect our borders and our economy and let the rest of the world live their own lives as well

-Generic Republican?

Stary Hickory
11-17-2010, 03:02 PM
I certainly hope this is happening and continues to happen. The Neocons much like the liberals must be challenged and beat back, this cozy duo has done more damage and harm to our nation than any third party ever could. If Iran or Iraq had done 1/10 of the damage our own government has, under the control of liberals/progressives/neocons, we would be at war with them non stop, without any mercy.

Heimdallr
11-17-2010, 03:03 PM
They're starting to get the idea. But it still worries me. Downsizing and reining in the military has nothing to do with saving money (although it would save money). It's about not inciting hatred and respecting other nations' national sovereignty.

A lot of republicans don't get this yet, but I think we have 'em where we want 'em.

Stary Hickory
11-17-2010, 03:04 PM
The Neocon label has stuck and we can identify and destroy this dangerous and damaging ideology.

Brett85
11-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Don't believe me? Read the comments on this thread from Hot Air:

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/11/16/mccain-im-worried-about-isolationists-like-rand-paul-wanting-to-cut-defense-spending/

The commenters are about as generic Republicans as you can get. I usually don't read general conservative blogs like this because they're always full of neon-cons and social-cons. But the title of this entry caught by attention so I thought I'd give it a read. And the commenters are absolutely tearing into McCain for suggesting that the Defense Budget is off the table for cuts. Almost every one of them.

You got comments like:

and

and

and

Comments like these are being widely applauded. By "mainstream" conservatives. If I had any doubts that the GOP base is open to being converted to the ideals of liberty, they are gone now.

Yep, but then you have people on our side who believe the government was responsible for 9-11 and that the Holocaust was exaggerated, and people who may be liberty oriented get turned off.

sailingaway
11-17-2010, 03:10 PM
the comments on free republic were the same sort.

specsaregood
11-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Yep, but then you have people on our side who believe the government was responsible for 9-11 and that the Holocaust was exaggerated, and people who may be liberty oriented get turned off.

Way to help out there pal.

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Well I suppose you missed the thread concerning the TSA at HotAir where they cheered on the Gestapo? I could link you to a lot more articles. Hopefully they are coming around on Foreign Policy at least.

Let's see how many of them come out for ending Afghanistan and Iraq...

georgiaboy
11-17-2010, 03:16 PM
this is heartening.