PDA

View Full Version : Michael Bloomberg - Joe Scarborough 2012?

RonPaulFanInGA
11-17-2010, 02:16 PM
h XXp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/16/bloomberg-scarborough-2012-president_n_784593.html

WASHINGTON -- There's no campaign yet, and there may never be, but New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and MSNBC's morning talk-show host Joe Scarborough have begun trying to figure out whether they could be an independent presidential ticket in 2012 -- and who would be better to be on top if it happens.

They're the Odd Couple of Guys Outside the System.

The two are friends and, in both public and private, mutual admirers. They spent the day before the midterm elections complimenting each other at a Harvard symposium -- Vanity Fair was there to document it all for a spring issue -- bemoaning the same political rift they may try to exploit to win the White House.

Well-placed sources tell The Huffington Post that the mayor and the host have talked about running together, with Bloomberg in the top spot. In an interview, Scarborough, a former GOP congressman from Florida, issued a firm yet carefully-worded denial. "We haven't discussed it directly," he said, adding, "Have people discussed it in his sphere and in my sphere? I think so."

EndSlavery
11-17-2010, 02:38 PM
The worst of both worlds. Will Bloomberg be running on a platform of a National sugary drink ban???

haaaylee
11-17-2010, 02:40 PM
he denied it this morning. it was a pretty funny bit though, he pissed mika off by saying she would be secretary of interior design (or something along those lines.)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036789/

Bruno
11-17-2010, 02:41 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Scarborough

Resignation and controversy
Scarborough announced his intent to resign to spend more time with his children five months into his fourth term in Congress. "The realization has come home to me that they're at a critical stage of their lives and I would rather be judged at the end of my life as a father than as a congressman," Scarborough said.[19] A special election was held to replace him.

On July 20, 2001, Scarborough's constituent services coordinator, Lori Klausutis, age 28, died after hitting her head on a desk when she fainted while apparently alone in Scarborough's Fort Walton Beach, Florida, office.[20] According to Scarborough, soon after her death, allegations "spread all over the Internet" that he had been involved,[20][21] although there was no evidence of foul play. In 2003, he joked about the incident with Don Imus on Imus' radio program.[22] In 2004, it was the subject of a public spat between Scarborough and filmmaker Michael Moore.[23] In 2010, Markos Moulitsas was banned from MSNBC after mentioning the incident in his Twitter feed.[24]