PDA

View Full Version : The Fed May Hesitate on More Easing After Critics Question Mandate

bobbyw24
11-17-2010, 02:11 PM
The Federal Reserve is facing the fiercest political assault on its powers in three decades as it struggles to help revive the U.S. economy.

The Fed’s plan to expand its purchases of Treasury securities has triggered criticism from Republican lawmakers, some economists who wrote an open letter to the Fed protesting the move, and finance officials in Germany, China and Brazil.

While central bank officials are pressing ahead with the $600 billion bond-buying program announced this month, analysts said the criticism may fan dissent within the Fed over the quantitative-easing policy. That may limit Chairman Ben S. Bernanke’s ability to take further measures if the economy remains weak.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-17/fed-may-hesitate-on-more-easing-after-critics-question-employment-mandate.html

fisharmor
11-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Dissent?
Wait until gas hits $7 a gallon. Then we'll see dissent.

Stary Hickory
11-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Well this much I figured. Bernanke is done, this little game is played out. I think the whole world will sigh in relief once the madness stops. This lunacy is getting out of control, I think more and more people are starting to ask themselves how we could be so stupid as to think printing money could "fool" the economy into thinking it was healthy.

I really want to see the FED abolished. The day of reckoning is fat approaching, I want to see it sooner than later so I can cope, react, and deal with it. That is the only way to a honest and strong economy.