PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul to introduce legislation addressing TSA abuses. C-SPAN between 5-6 PM EST.

MRoCkEd
11-17-2010, 12:18 PM
I will introduce legislation later today addressing TSA abuses. Look for my floor speech on C-SPAN, probably between 5-6 PM EST.

Good idea.

Baptist
11-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Good idea.
Thank the Lord. I was going to make a post asking why Ron and Rand are not discussing this on national TV. These guys need to use their bully pulpits to discuss this.

HOLLYWOOD
11-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Nice to see the good old Doctor answered my request. :)

Maximus
11-17-2010, 01:44 PM
This is a great populist position for Ron. I'd love to see him debate an opponent who defends institutional molestation.

Matt Collins
11-17-2010, 01:46 PM
This is a great populist position for Ron. I'd love to see him debate an opponent who defends institutional molestation.

Congressman Paul:

"Why do you like the terrorists?"
"Why do you hate America"?
"Why are you a terrorist sympathizer"?
"Why do you blame America first"?
"Why are you against people being safe"?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bruno
11-17-2010, 01:47 PM
This is awesome and should get a lot of press.

I'll be home watching Cspan while making sushi. :)

Maximus
11-17-2010, 01:47 PM
"Why do you like the terrorists?"
"Why do you hate America"?
"Why are you a terrorist sympathizer"?
"Why do you blame America first"?
"Why are you against people being safe"?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The public isn't buying that. When 80%+ of Americans agree on something, you run with it. He just has to put forth a common sense alternative. Just say "use common sense" he doesn't even have to propose anything.

Libertytree
11-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Got a link?

dean.engelhardt
11-17-2010, 02:12 PM
At least one person in congress will stand up for civil rights!

invisible
11-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Does anyone have a link for this? No tv here, let alone cable. Tried going to cspan's website and clicked "house session", they said it started at 4:30 but there is no video feed there. TIA

edit: this might be it, but nothing happening yet (empty room) http://www.cspan.org/Watch/C-SPAN.aspx

isrow
11-17-2010, 03:53 PM
And via twitter no less :D. Truly a man of the people.
http://twitter.com/RepRonPaul/status/4945382488416256

Matt Collins
11-17-2010, 03:58 PM
And via twitter no less :D. Truly a man of the people.
http://twitter.com/RepRonPaul/status/4945382488416256 (http://twitter.com/RepRonPaul/status/4945382488416256)
EVERYONE Needs to retweet this!

invisible
11-17-2010, 04:08 PM
The room is starting to fill up now, the link I posted earlier seems to be correct.

jclay2
11-17-2010, 04:10 PM
My hope would be for Ron to call for the complete elimination of the TSA. I wonder what this legislation will entail. Probably, not my wet dream where all of the goons are out of a job, I suspect.

charrob
11-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Does anyone have a link for this? No tv here, let alone cable. Tried going to cspan's website and clicked "house session", they said it started at 4:30 but there is no video feed there. TIA

ditto: no tv or cable here. Anyone have a link?

low preference guy
11-17-2010, 04:13 PM
this one?

http://www.c-span.org/Watch/C-SPAN.aspx

charrob
11-17-2010, 04:16 PM
this one?

http://www.c-span.org/Watch/C-SPAN.aspx

Thanks; -guess it hasn't started yet, but surely is worth waiting to hear.

jclay2
11-17-2010, 04:22 PM
I am very glad Ron Paul is doing something about this. The stories of crotch/breast grabbing have gotten to unimaginable levels. This is a story of an encounter of one traveler at the Dayton International Airport that was just posted on infowars.

I have an incident to share that occurred late Friday afternoon, November 12, 2010, around 5:15 in the Dayton International Airport.
I realize the publishing this publically on the internet puts me into a delicate situation, given that I am a high profile blogger and author. This is a difficult incident to share, but it needs to be said…Because I will not be a silent victim.
I will share the facts of the incident in as a matter of fact manner as I can.
I checked into my flight and had a boarding pass printed that included “plus infant.” My baby and I were flying from Dayton, OH, to San Antonio, TX, so I could run in the San Antonio Half Marathon. I was taking my baby along because he is still breastfeeding for part of the day.
I entered the security line, removed the special formula that I had with me for the baby, as well as my quart size baggie with my other liquids. I went through the x-ray machine and metal detector, carrying the baby, with no incident.
Because I was traveling with baby formula, I knew to expect that they would test it with the paper circles for explosives. The TSA agent took all of my belongings over to the table in the center of the explosive screening tables. She asked me, “Are you aware of the NEW policies for carrying liquids through security that were instated 4 years ago?” (capitalized to show the emphasis that she placed on that word.)
I replied, “Yes, I fly with him every several weeks.”
She scanned the formula, then turned to me and said, “Remove your shoes and stand on that black mat for a patdown.”
I said, “OK, what do I do with the baby?”
“You cannot be holding him.” (I am traveling alone.)
So I placed him into his stroller. She instructed me, “Spread your feet apart and hold your arms out to the side.” I obliged.
She patted my left arm, my right arm, my upper back and my lower back. She then said, “I need to reach in and feel along the inside of your waistband.”
She felt along my waistline, moved behind me, then proceeded to feel both of my buttocks. She reached from behind in the middle of my buttocks towards my vagina area.
She did not tell me that she was going to touch my buttocks, or reach forward to my vagina area.
She then moved in front of my and touched the top and underneath portions of both of my breasts.
She did not tell me that she was going to touch my breasts.
She then felt around my waist. She then moved to the bottoms of my legs.
She then felt my inner thighs and my vagina area, touching both of my labia.
A D V E R T I S E M E N T

She did not tell me that she was going to touch my vagina area or my labia.
She then told me that I could put my shoes on and I asked if I could pick up the baby, she replied Yes.
She then moved back to my belongings to finish scanning them with the paper discs for explosives. When she finished she said I was free to go.
I stood there holding my baby in shock. I did not move for almost a minute.
I stood there, an American citizen, a mom traveling with a baby with special needs formula, sexually assaulted by a government official. I began shaking and felt completely violated, abused and assaulted by the TSA agent. I shook for several hours, and woke up the next day shaking.
Here is why I was sexually assaulted. She never told me the new body search policy. She never told me that she was going to touch my private parts. She never told me when or where she was going to touch me. She did not inform me that a private screening was available. She did not inform me of my rights that were a part of these new enhanced patdown procedures.
When I booked my ticket, I was given no information that the TSA had changed their wand and unintrusive patdown procedures to “enhanced” patdown procedures that involved the touching of all parts of your body, including breasts and vagina on women and testicles and penis on men. I was not informed by any signs on the front side of security about the new procedures. I had not seen any media coverage about the issue, so I had no idea that this was a new government sanctioned policy.
Another important piece in this story, the Dayton airport does not have the new body scanners. I was not given any other search options. It was enhanced patdown, or nothing. (And I would have opted for the body scanner, if I were going to be subject to a sexual assault.)
I asked to speak to a supervisor immediately. I had a very unpleasant conversation with him that lasted 20 minutes. I moved to the back of the security area, made a few phone calls, including to my lawyer. He did some quick research, and learned that I had indeed been sexually assaulted because she did not follow the SOP (standard operating procedure) for the new search.
During our first conversation, the TSA acting manager of the shift told me that the TSA agent who sexually assaulted me was supposed to inform me about the new search procedure and tell me when and where she was going to touch me. He also apologized on behalf of himself and on behalf of the agent who sexually assaulted me. I was not allowed to speak to the agent who sexually assaulted me, nor did the acting manager provide me with her name. (I did not have the presence of mind to look at her nameplate, as I was in shock.)
I also spoke with the Dayton police, the Dayton airport police, and left a message for the TSA manager for the Dayton airport. I intend to request the TSA to arrange for counseling services to be provided to me, so I can deal with the aftermath of the sexual assault that took place, caused by the specific touching actions and failure to inform me of the policies by the TSA agent.
I am speaking out against the TSA and share my sexual assault case to ensure that this does not happen to anyone else, anywhere.
I will not be a silent victim of sexual assault by a TSA agent. Total Sexual Assault.
I am calling for immediate change to this new enhanced body patdown search.
I am calling for the TSA agent who sexually assaulted me to be fired.
I am calling for you, a fellow American, to stand up against these new enhanced full body patdown search procedures of the TSA.
Please note: I do plan on flying back to Ohio on Monday, because it will take me too long to drive home from Texas. I do not however intend to fly again until this search policy of sexual molestation is revoked by the TSA.
I will leave you with this thought: “It is acceptable and encouraged that a TSA government official can do something to an American citizen that US military personnel cannot do to a member of the Taliban.”

Jordan
11-17-2010, 04:24 PM
"The house will be in order" *whack* *whack* *whack*

edit: We have a texting Congressman!

qh4dotcom
11-17-2010, 04:28 PM
The TSA patdowns are disgusting and abusive but I look at it on the bright side. First, thousands of folks who voted for Obama are being molested by the TSA, no need to feel sorry for them. Second, something has to wake them up, something has to make them realize that liberty is more important than security. If a government employee groping their genitals and the genitals of their family / children doesn't wake them up, I don't know what else will.

There is a price that needs to be paid for waking up the sheeple.

Jordan
11-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Voting to dedicate a post office to some person. I wish they'd do this all day, all the time.

specsaregood
11-17-2010, 04:32 PM
There is a price that needs to be paid for waking up the sheeple.

I think less of the sheep would be waking up if the TSA staff didn't seem to be all black. Just saying it how I think it is.

jclay2
11-17-2010, 04:33 PM
Not on yet. Right now they are running reruns while congress votes on dedicating a post-office to a Sargent.

Nate-ForLiberty
11-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Not on yet. Right now they are running reruns while congress votes on dedicating a post-office to a Sargent.

now they are voting whether to congratulate a college football coach on 400 and something wins. Nittany lions?

*CSPAN lady just said this was the last vote today. wtf?

jkr
11-17-2010, 04:52 PM
why the fuck is she talking about burmma?

do your job! honor your oath!

she just said they should have freedom of association...WE DONT HAVE THAT HERE!

Bruno
11-17-2010, 04:53 PM
now they are voting whether to congratulate a college football coach on 400 and something wins. Nittany lions?

*CSPAN lady just said this was the last vote today. wtf?

Last vote doesn't mean last congressional action for the day, if I'm not mistaken.

They are now talking about condemning the elections practices in Burma.

jclay2
11-17-2010, 04:56 PM
why the fuck is she talking about burmma?
do your job! honor your oath!

Agree. I think I would kill myself if I had to watch this all day. What does a rigged election in Burma have to do with representing American Citizens?

sluggo
11-17-2010, 05:01 PM
I take it Ron hasn't spoken yet?

Deinonychus
11-17-2010, 05:02 PM
Doesn't look like it.

KramerDSP
11-17-2010, 05:03 PM
My god. An economy in ruins. Partisan poison all around us. Endless war. Massive and ever increasing erosions of Civil Liberties. DIEBOLD. And we're talking about condemning the Burmese regime for unfair elections.

We need a V who will hijack the Tvs of all Americans and force it to air C-Span. "Burmese? WTF?? Commemorating the 20th anniversary of the Gulf War? No wonder the middle class is being wiped out!".

EndDaFed
11-17-2010, 05:05 PM
The congress is fucking retarded wasting their time on bullshit.

charrob
11-17-2010, 05:05 PM
YouTube - Nude Protest Airport Body Scanners in Germany P1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EqBcNHX_To)

IPSecure
11-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Diane Watson: "Persian Gulf War"

Since when has the gulf war been called the 'Persian Gulf War'?

Sounds like more war mongering to build up for Iran...

Matt Collins
11-17-2010, 05:13 PM
The congress is fucking retarded wasting their time on bullshit.

Can you spot the fake video below? :( :confused:

YouTube - (Classified) Bill Defends Against Flesh-Eating (Classified) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWfKdKWJEkM)
YouTube - Congressmen Submit Emergency 3 AM Bill Demanding IHOP Stay Open All Night (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF184_T_eWw)
YouTube - Snacks Distract Lawmakers From Horrors of War (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJHHmmY1YCs)
YouTube - Congress Debates Merits Of New Catchphrase (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jis_CrJ4zUI)
YouTube - Hank Johnson (Congress D-GA) - Warns Guam May Capsize (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs23CjIWMgA)

Bruno
11-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Rep. Steve Buyers seems to have some war lust.

Jordan
11-17-2010, 05:22 PM
youtube - nude protest airport body scanners in germany p1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eqbcnhx_to)

:11-:20
:37-:42

;)

Yieu
11-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Looks like some lady is going to speak for 20 minutes, and then another guy is going to speak for 20 minutes.

Deinonychus
11-17-2010, 05:27 PM
About the birthday of an Italian architect.

WTF is going on here.

IPSecure
11-17-2010, 05:28 PM
Introducing the American Traveler Dignity Act

Mr. Speaker, today I introduce legislation to protect Americans from physical and emotional abuse by federal Transportation Security Administration employees conducting screenings at the nation’s airports. We have seen the videos of terrified children being grabbed and probed by airport screeners. We have read the stories of Americans being subjected to humiliating body imaging machines and/or forced to have the most intimate parts of their bodies poked and fondled. We do not know the potentially harmful effects of the radiation emitted by the new millimeter wave machines.

In one recent well-publicized case, a TSA official is recorded during an attempted body search saying, “By buying your ticket you gave up a lot of rights.” I strongly disagree and am sure I am not alone in believing that we Americans should never give up our rights in order to travel. As our Declaration of Independence states, our rights are inalienable. This TSA version of our rights looks more like the “rights” granted in the old Soviet Constitutions, where freedoms were granted to Soviet citizens -- right up to the moment the state decided to remove those freedoms.

The incident of the so-called “underwear bomber” last Christmas is given as justification for the billions of dollars the federal government is spending on the new full-body imaging machines, but a Government Accountability Office study earlier this year concluded that had these scanners been in use they may not have detected the explosive material that was allegedly brought onto the airplane. Additionally, there have been recent press reports calling into question the accuracy and adequacy of these potentially dangerous machines.

My legislation is simple. It establishes that airport security screeners are not immune from any US law regarding physical contact with another person, making images of another person, or causing physical harm through the use of radiation-emitting machinery on another person. It means they are subject to the same laws as the rest of us.

Imagine if the political elites in our country were forced to endure the same conditions at the airport as business travelers, families, senior citizens, and the rest of us. Perhaps this problem could be quickly resolved if every cabinet secretary, every member of Congress, and every department head in the Obama administration were forced to submit to the same degrading screening process as the people who pay their salaries.

I warned at the time of the creation of the TSA that an unaccountable government entity in control of airport security would provide neither security nor defend our basic freedom to travel. Yet the vast majority of both Republicans and Democrats then in Congress willingly voted to create another unaccountable, bullying agency-- in a simple-minded and unprincipled attempt to appease public passion in the wake of 9-11. Sadly, as we see with the steady TSA encroachment on our freedom and dignity, my fears in 2001 were justified.

The solution to the need for security at US airports is not a government bureaucracy. The solution is to allow the private sector, preferably the airlines themselves, to provide for the security of their property. As a recent article in Forbes magazine eloquently stated, “The airlines have enormous sums of money riding on passenger safety, and the notion that a government bureaucracy has better incentives to provide safe travels than airlines with billions of dollars worth of capital and goodwill on the line strains credibility.” In the meantime, I hope we can pass this legislation and protect Americans from harm and humiliation when they choose to travel.

Link (http://paul.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1796&Itemid=60)

dannno
11-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Introducing the American Traveler Dignity Act

Mr. Speaker, today I introduce legislation to protect Americans from physical and emotional abuse by federal Transportation Security Administration employees conducting screenings at the nation’s airports. We have seen the videos of terrified children being grabbed and probed by airport screeners. We have read the stories of Americans being subjected to humiliating body imaging machines and/or forced to have the most intimate parts of their bodies poked and fondled. We do not know the potentially harmful effects of the radiation emitted by the new millimeter wave machines.

In one recent well-publicized case, a TSA official is recorded during an attempted body search saying, “By buying your ticket you gave up a lot of rights.” I strongly disagree and am sure I am not alone in believing that we Americans should never give up our rights in order to travel. As our Declaration of Independence states, our rights are inalienable. This TSA version of our rights looks more like the “rights” granted in the old Soviet Constitutions, where freedoms were granted to Soviet citizens -- right up to the moment the state decided to remove those freedoms.

The incident of the so-called “underwear bomber” last Christmas is given as justification for the billions of dollars the federal government is spending on the new full-body imaging machines, but a Government Accountability Office study earlier this year concluded that had these scanners been in use they may not have detected the explosive material that was allegedly brought onto the airplane. Additionally, there have been recent press reports calling into question the accuracy and adequacy of these potentially dangerous machines.

My legislation is simple. It establishes that airport security screeners are not immune from any US law regarding physical contact with another person, making images of another person, or causing physical harm through the use of radiation-emitting machinery on another person. It means they are subject to the same laws as the rest of us.

Imagine if the political elites in our country were forced to endure the same conditions at the airport as business travelers, families, senior citizens, and the rest of us. Perhaps this problem could be quickly resolved if every cabinet secretary, every member of Congress, and every department head in the Obama administration were forced to submit to the same degrading screening process as the people who pay their salaries.

I warned at the time of the creation of the TSA that an unaccountable government entity in control of airport security would provide neither security nor defend our basic freedom to travel. Yet the vast majority of both Republicans and Democrats then in Congress willingly voted to create another unaccountable, bullying agency-- in a simple-minded and unprincipled attempt to appease public passion in the wake of 9-11. Sadly, as we see with the steady TSA encroachment on our freedom and dignity, my fears in 2001 were justified.

The solution to the need for security at US airports is not a government bureaucracy. The solution is to allow the private sector, preferably the airlines themselves, to provide for the security of their property. As a recent article in Forbes magazine eloquently stated, “The airlines have enormous sums of money riding on passenger safety, and the notion that a government bureaucracy has better incentives to provide safe travels than airlines with billions of dollars worth of capital and goodwill on the line strains credibility.” In the meantime, I hope we can pass this legislation and protect Americans from harm and humiliation when they choose to travel.

Link (http://paul.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1796&Itemid=60)

bump

Deinonychus
11-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Has he actually been on to talk about it yet?

Yieu
11-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Has he actually been on to talk about it yet?

I don't think he has.

Bruno
11-17-2010, 05:55 PM
This is typical, he will likely still be on.

I was adopted, and I'd rather hear ron talking about the TSA than Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee talking about the National Adoption Day & Month right now.

Sola_Fide
11-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Ron Paul is a modern day prophet. No one is like him.

Nate-ForLiberty
11-17-2010, 05:59 PM
it's for the children!!!

help children overseas and destroy the future of children here through debt.

dumb fucks.

Deinonychus
11-17-2010, 06:00 PM
A BILL

To ensure that certain Federal employees cannot hide behind immunity.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. NO IMMUNITY FOR CERTAIN AIRPORT SCREENING METHODS.
No law of the United States shall be construed to confer any immunity for a Federal employee or agency or any individual or entity that receives Federal funds, who subjects an individual to any physical contact (including contact with any clothing the individual is wearing), x-rays, or millimeter waves, or aids in the creation of or views a representation of any part of a individual's body covered by clothing as a condition for such individual to be in an airport or to fly in an aircraft. The preceding sentence shall apply even if the individual or the individual's parent, guardian, or any other individual gives consent."

-----

I got that from the Campaign for Liberty website. I'm not quite sure if it's the entire bill, though... perhaps a teaser. :P

Nate-ForLiberty
11-17-2010, 06:02 PM
"Mr. Speaker, I'd like to remind us that children are children."

REP. Jim McDermott
D-Washington

oh for the love.

tsai3904
11-17-2010, 06:37 PM
He's on now.

hazek
11-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Jesus Christ is it just me or is Ron getting worse at public speaking?

MRoCkEd
11-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Seems the usual to me.

Nate-ForLiberty
11-17-2010, 06:42 PM

he's getting older so he can't keep up his sharpness as long. But he's still got it.

hazek
11-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Yeah it really shows. Man I wish he was like 25 years younger :/

QueenB4Liberty
11-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Is it over? He wasn't on for me. :(

sluggo
11-17-2010, 06:44 PM
He's older, stumbles a bit more, but is still as sharp as ever.

Wren
11-17-2010, 06:47 PM
Is it over? He wasn't on for me. :(

Yeah, it's over now. Hopefully someone gets it on the tube quick, it was a passionate speech that could probably get a lot of hits :)

rich34
11-17-2010, 06:51 PM
It's all about the ideas folks. Now wouldn't it be awesome if Rand came out publicly in support of this? The press should be all over it and everyone will no about this bill. Even if it doesn't pass at least Ron will be looked at as a man of the people which will further go to break down the wall.

tpreitzel
11-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Well, if one doesn't like being molested and bombarded with radiation, the fascists at DHS can always push something even more onerous like biometric IDs ... I'd almost breath a sigh of relief if some calamity befell Washington, D.C. These goons don't get it yet, we, the people, don't want biometrics, frisking, radiation, papers or ANYTHING else as a requirement to travel. We want left alone to fly privately. <sigh>

Matt Collins
11-17-2010, 07:00 PM
He may not have gotten his exercise today. I think he runs or rides his bike like 5 miles every morning. When he doesn't get his daily exercise it takes its toll.

Anti Federalist
11-17-2010, 07:02 PM
Transcript:

Ron Paul’s Anti-TSA Legislation
Posted by Lew Rockwell on November 17, 2010 05:13 PM
Ron Paul introduces HR 6416, the American Traveler Dignity Act:

In one recent well-publicized case, a TSA official is recorded during an attempted body search saying, “By buying your ticket you gave up a lot of rights.” I strongly disagree and am sure I am not alone in believing that we Americans should never give up our rights in order to travel. As our Declaration of Independence states, our rights are inalienable. This TSA version of our rights looks more like the “rights” granted in the old Soviet Constitutions, where freedoms were granted to Soviet citizens — right up to the moment the state decided to remove those freedoms.

I warned at the time of the creation of the TSA that an unaccountable government entity in control of airport security would provide neither security nor defend our basic freedom to travel. Yet the vast majority of both Republicans and Democrats then in Congress willingly voted to create another unaccountable, bullying agency– in a simple-minded and unprincipled attempt to appease public passion in the wake of 9-11. Sadly, as we see with the steady TSA encroachment on our freedom and dignity, my fears in 2001 were justified.

Libertytree
11-17-2010, 07:04 PM
Ron Paul let us down today, instead of more legislation to control the nazi's called the TSA he should have instead called for their elimination and handing of airline security over to the airlines.

I'm bummed out.

Matt Collins
11-17-2010, 07:10 PM
YouTube - Ron Paul Responds to TSA: Introduces 'American Traveler Dignity Act' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwsdq69AHnw)

goldenequity
11-17-2010, 07:10 PM
As I consider the Dignity Act... just from what I've gleaned so far...

His strategy is not to outlaw a certain procedure.. technique/machine etc...

but to make it clear to TSA that they will now be wide open to lawsuit.

Instead of using Congress to quash the overreach..

he's just saying he's going to let litigation and the Courts curb and define the abuse.

No one leaves or diminishes their Constitutional Protections by walking into an airport or trying to board a plane.

That seems to be the gist of it.... imo... anybody see it different?

NYgs23
11-17-2010, 07:31 PM
He sounds the same as ever to me. Even more fired up than usual.

CableNewsJunkie
11-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Making it go viral:

Title internet postings something like:

"Congressman urges fliers to 'opt out' of x-ray body scans"

And include the quote:

"I think this whole idea of an 'opt-out day' [on Wednesday, Nov. 24] is just great!"

mczerone
11-17-2010, 07:48 PM
He sounds the same as ever to me. Even more fired up than usual.

There were way more trip-ups with words, seemed like he was always trying to say the next word before the first one was out. There were a few spots where the sentence structure was totally destroyed by him changing or missing a word.

I don't know if he needed to not work from written notes, or if he needed his exercise (:rolleyes:), but this speech was very poorly delivered even if the content was great.

Bruno
11-17-2010, 08:01 PM
There were way more trip-ups with words, seemed like he was always trying to say the next word before the first one was out. There were a few spots where the sentence structure was totally destroyed by him changing or missing a word.

I don't know if he needed to not work from written notes, or if he needed his exercise (:rolleyes:), but this speech was very poorly delivered even if the content was great.

I won't disagree there were stumbles, I was cracking up in my living room cheering through them, :) , but those are insignificant. We live in the era of soundbites, and there are many great ones to take from this speech.

Chester Copperpot
11-17-2010, 08:12 PM
he seems more fired up than ive seen him in awhile..

go get em everybody

Yieu
11-18-2010, 04:37 AM
Morning Bump.

Maximilian American
11-18-2010, 09:20 AM
//

HOLLYWOOD
11-18-2010, 09:24 AM
Making it go viral:

Title internet postings something like:

"Congressman urges fliers to 'opt out' of x-ray body scans"

And include the quote:

"I think this whole idea of an 'opt-out day' [on Wednesday, Nov. 24] is just great!"

ACLU Director Laura Murphy stated on C-SPAN's Washington Journal that the ACLU does NOT endorse Ron Paul's "Opting Out" protest on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

That aloof skank is so Washington DC... watching her for one hour proves the ACLU is a a majority failure.

Anti Federalist
11-18-2010, 09:55 PM

I was finally able to listen to his speech.

You know what was different?

He was PISSED, literally almost at loss for words as to what to say, especially when it came to our fellow, complacent, credulous, doe eyed, believe anything that gooferment tells them, Americunts.