PDA

View Full Version : RPRiders Press Releases

ronpaulhawaii
10-20-2007, 01:01 PM
My main concern in this ride is talking to regular people about RP. I personally could care less about the MSM. However, I understand that lots of people think this ride will make a good story to promote RP with. That is all well and good. I am well versed in the issues, and topics to avoid, so will have no problem dealing with the press IF they come around. BUT, they will probably not come around if they don't know we are out there.

I simply don't have the time or talent to contact them and am not a publicity seeker by nature. If people want this trip to be publicized outside of the grassroots, they will have to help. Someone to put together press releases, and someone to push them to the media. DjLoti originally planned on doing this, but has little time for all that is on his plate.

I know there are talented writers here, and I know there are people here who know how to get these things to the press. Local MU's will help. They just need templates and guidance. Again, my main concern is to pedal my ass off to each town where I plan on walking around and giving out handouts. I am good at that.

The Portland press release (which got NO attention) is on our blog, Here is a letter my brother is drafing for my hometown newpaper (the same NP that published my Ma's letter I posted here a month or so ago.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want to have the Poughkeepsie Journal publish an article about the Ron Paul Riders, specifically about Mike (who grew up in the Poughkeepsie area) and, of course, Ron Paul. Here is what I wrote so far:

Michael E. Maresco, a native of Wappingers Falls, NY, is planning to ride a bicycle across America - from Los Angelos to Washington, D.C. - to help spread the message of presidential candidate Rep. Dr. Ron Paul (R-TX).

Among other things, Rep. Paul believes that welfare for the wealthy (i.e., corporate subsidies and tax breaks) creates a dependency on the government that hurts the economy and taxpayers, the same as does welfare for the poor.

As a Congressman, he voted against the war in Iraq, believing it will create more terrorists than it will eliminate. Dr. Paul's full platform is found at www.ronpaul2008.com (http://www.ronpaul2008.com).

Both Mike Maresco and Damon Talbot will begin the bicycle ride on October 21, 2007 and arrive in Washington, D.C. on December 24, 2007. Those who wish to learn more can visit their website, www.ronpaulriders.com (http://www.ronpaulriders.com).

Yours truly,
Tony Maresco

Have at it guys, I wish you all well and promise to represent us with style and grace.

PS the Texas portion of our posted route is inaccurate. We will be going thru Abiline before turning south. San Antonio is not on our route