PDA

View Full Version : Should passengers be allowed to carry Tasers on planes?

aGameOfThrones
11-16-2010, 11:27 PM
Should passengers be allowed to carry Tasers if they have the training to use them on airplanes? Yes or No.

Nate-ForLiberty
11-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Should passengers be allowed to carry Tasers if they have the training to use them on airplanes? Yes or No.

this should be up to the airlines. not the government.

aGameOfThrones
11-16-2010, 11:32 PM
this should be up to the airlines. not the government.

I never said the government. Yes, it should be up to the airlines.

Kludge
11-16-2010, 11:36 PM
Maybe? I'd feel more comfortable if only the airline staff were armed. - But as has been shown over and over, it's extremely difficult to enforce these kinds of rules without extremely invasive procedures, so I can't imagine it'd be worth the effort to try (and fail to) enforce any types of restrictions on weapons.

Wouldn't mind if the airline I were considering decided to ban all weapons or allowed fully automatic rifles and grenades on-board.

Matt Collins
11-17-2010, 01:16 AM
I think guns would be safer than tazers possibly. But I am neither an electrical nor an aerospace engineer.

nobody's_hero
11-17-2010, 03:04 AM
If we had lived in a free country, the 9/11 attackers would have opened the cockpit door only to be greeted by a .45 to the face.

The only good thing to come out of the attacks is that people no longer wait patiently for the hijacker to go land the plane somewhere and expect to be ransomed (as opposed to being flown into a building). People fight back now—or at least, they'll fight back to the extent allowed by our stupid laws.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_I1BBN4GjKb4/SHbbJ10hlcI/AAAAAAAABl8/Oh9z7DbBVuk/s1600/Second%2BAmendment%2B9-11%2BCartoon%2BLibertarian.be

oyarde
11-17-2010, 07:29 PM
We would probably all be better off if everyone on the plane had a weapon .

BuddyRey
11-17-2010, 11:28 PM
Why can't passengers just carry handguns? Yeah, I get that the plane is pressurized and you don't want any punctures in the plane's body or windows. But can't this stuff be modified to withstand low-cal ammo?