PDA

View Full Version : Candidates That Are Soft on Tyranny

Keith
10-20-2007, 12:44 PM
I have been pondering the “War on Terror”, the “War on Drugs”, and the “War on Christmas” and such scary stories that are presented to us on the nightly news as things that we should be concerned about. I think they forgot one. What about the “War on Tyranny?”

A quick Google search uncovered this great article http://www.lewrockwell.com/rozeff/rozeff8.html on Lew Rockwell about the “War on Tyranny.”

A brief excerpt from the article follows:
On January 20, 2005 in his Second Inaugural Address, President Bush launched the War on Tyranny with these words: "So it is the policy of the United States to seek and support the growth of democratic movements and institutions in every nation and culture, with the ultimate goal of ending tyranny in our world."

I would like to offer that many of the candidates for the president are “Soft on Tyranny.” I would think a free press would pick up this story and run with it.

How many times have we seen this country saved from candidates who were “Soft on Communism” or “Soft on Crime” or “Soft on Immigration?”

We have candidates today who are giving in to tyranny in ways that the founding fathers would have never believed possible. We have seen candidates give in to things like the Military Commissions Act, the suspension of Habeas Corpus, the so called Patriot Act and other tyrannical schemes.

Fortunately one presidential candidate stands apart from the rest. Ron Paul consistently stands up against Tyranny and supports holding government to its constitutional limits. For example, Ron Paul recently introduced the American Freedom Agenda Act of 2007. Read about it here http://dailypaul.com/node/3760

When you see candidates suggesting new ways to abridge your freedom please have the courage to stand up and say that the candidate is “Soft on Terror.” And don't forget to use a scary tone of voice like we are supposed to when pointing out that a candidate is soft on something.