PDA

View Full Version : I need help now creating RP 2012 literature for NH.

mr1
11-16-2010, 09:33 PM
I live in Massachusetts (right next to NH) and would like to start making regular little trips into NH to hand out RP 2012 literature at events geared towards Republicans, conservatives, tea partiers, and libertarians.

Can anyone help me create good literature?

Right now, I believe that the most important things we can do for a 2012 presidential run are pledge our support for RP 2012 to convince him to run (www.TheRonPaulTeaParty.com), help promote a kickoff moneybomb, help promote CPAC 2011 attendance to RP supporters, and start work in Iowa and NH. This post is about starting work in NH, and I think the first steps in that work are trying to reach out to many of the activists in the state and getting them on our side.

The literature that I want now is not for the average voter. It would be literature geared towards convincing activists that Ron Paul is their candidate of choice. I really want to try to pre-empt Palin and any other candidate and position Ron Paul as the true Tea Party candidate of choice. We know that there are probably some lingering doubts about Ron Paul among about everyone except the hard core Ron Paul supporters, so I think it would be good to take those issues head on. Maybe it might be good to have a Q and A section or something with common "myths" or concerns about Ron Paul.

Questions like, is Ron Paul too old? We could quote one of the articles by Doug Wead about how he's not too old, and talk about how much he exercises and is probably healthier than many of the other younger candidates.

Or, can Ron Paul get elected? We could talk about the poll that put him neck and neck with Obama. And how Ron Paul draws support from many different areas of the political spectrum.

We could also have an answer about his military service and belief in a strong national defense and the most donations from the military and such to deal with the myth of being a weak isolationist.

Any other ideas and offers for help?

Thanks.

RPgrassrootsactivist
11-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Key points to focus on include his demands for Fed transparency, his record as "Dr. No" and his opposition to globalism.

randolphfuller
11-17-2010, 07:09 PM
What do I do if I prefer a weak isolationist?

Tinnuhana
11-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Thanks for your interest in NH! You could contact NHLA (NH Liberty Alliance) and the Free State Project. Get in touch with Dave Ridley (he's on the forums and all over YouTube) and he can interview you talking about this and get it up on YT so people can contact you.
There are some issues specific to NH that these folks can fill you in on, like the regional differences and the number of RP supporters without internet access.
Also, go to C4L and the NH section under "States" to see who the district coordinators are. NH also has a very active Meeet-Up group (309).
Then there's always 7pm at Murphy's in Manchester:D

mr1
11-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Thanks for your interest in NH! You could contact NHLA (NH Liberty Alliance) and the Free State Project. Get in touch with Dave Ridley (he's on the forums and all over YouTube) and he can interview you talking about this and get it up on YT so people can contact you.
There are some issues specific to NH that these folks can fill you in on, like the regional differences and the number of RP supporters without internet access.
Also, go to C4L and the NH section under "States" to see who the district coordinators are. NH also has a very active Meeet-Up group (309).
Then there's always 7pm at Murphy's in Manchester:D

Thanks for the ideas.

However I doubt that the NHLA organization itself would get involved at all in supporting Ron Paul. I thought it focused on NH stuff and didn't get involved with presidential stuff. And I know that the Free State Project organization does not do anything political. It only encourages liberty activists to move to NH.

I was planning on trying to reach out to activists within both of those organizations, just not the official organizations themselves.

Taproom Tuesday at Murphy's is definitely on the list of places to stop by.

And I'll look into the others as well.

mr1
11-17-2010, 09:46 PM

Well, I might also prefer a weak isolationist president if that just meant that the president wouldn't intervene militarily abroad and that he would in general reduce the overextended power of the presidency.

However, "weak" and "isolationist" have bad connotations to most people so I say we avoid them. When I talk about the myth that Ron Paul would be "weak" and an "isolationist", I'm talking about the perceptions that Ron Paul would make us unprotected by weakening our military, and that he would make us cut off all foreign trade and interaction. That is what I think a lot of people think of when they hear the media call someone isolationist. And that is not what Ron Paul is. We need to stress that he is "strong" by being willing to make the tough decisions and make us more safe by bringing the troops home and focusing on true defense. And that he is not isolationist because like many of the founders, he wants trade and commerce with all, but entangling alliances with none.

BuddyRey
11-17-2010, 11:25 PM
NH is prime ground for RP proselytizing, especially with all the libertarian migration taking place. Good luck!

Tinnuhana
11-17-2010, 11:45 PM
You're right on the local concentration, but there's a lot of overlap, so if nothing else, NHLA and FSP could direct you towards those willing to help. Some of the denizens of Murphy's got elected recently, so they have good insights (thinking Warren, who's also active with in NHLA, I think. In so. NH to the west of Nashua, there's John Lewicke, who was very active with posting signs and posing questions at the debate in Manchester. I believe he was very active in Ron Pauls' campaign in 1988, too. Lots of knowledge.

Eric21ND
11-18-2010, 01:33 AM
You mean something like this?

Keywords: Flyers, 2 sided handouts, slimjims, slim jims, poster

Check these. A wonderful person put these together for a front / back handout.

[B]SIZE: I believe these are for quick handouts so the size is: 5.5 x 8.5

ORDER INFORMATION:
shipping: We will ship via UPS, ASAP. - There is a 1000 minimum.
Number: 603-880-1835 - i put the wrong number originally, arghhhhh.

Papergraphics
4 John Tyler Street
Merrimack, NH 03054
1-603-880-1835

The cards are printed on a glossy cover stock and the finished size is 5.5" x 8.5"

1000= 79.00 shipping $13
2000= 130.00 shipping $19
3000= 189.00 shipping $35
4000= 240.00 shipping $45
5000= 285.00 shipping $55

front:

http://www.mmashirts.com/capturedata470446.jpg

back:
http://www.mmashirts.com/capturedata2189591.jpg

ItsTime
11-18-2010, 09:18 AM
We need to mold our message much better than we did in 2008.

mr1
11-18-2010, 09:38 PM
You mean something like this?

Yes, something like that.

Although they can't have Ron Paul 2008 on them.

Eric21ND
11-19-2010, 09:06 AM
Yes, something like that.

Although they can't have Ron Paul 2008 on them.
Well you can change it of course. Call that printing company in NH. I provided that number for them and I worked with them before. Those two-sided print outs were the most popular handouts when I was handing out Ron Paul literature in 2007-2008. People actually came up to me and requested more to give to their friends and family, and these were average people not RP fanatics...they loved them.

That company is awesome though, I can't say enough about them. They'll work with you and design exactly what you want and the pricing is pretty damn cheap as well.

Eric21ND
11-19-2010, 09:08 AM
I also think we need to target republican primary voters better.

AuH2O
11-19-2010, 11:15 AM
The message here is pretty simple -- Ron was one of the few good guys before the Tea Party and the GOP "returning to principle." Ron Paul, the Original Tea Party Candidate.

muzzled dogg
01-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Bump for saturday"s straw poll

sailingaway
01-19-2011, 09:18 PM
I also think we need to target republican primary voters better.

We also need to CREATE Republican primary voters better.

Independents were disgusted by the bailouts and Obamacare. I think they might be more willing to reregister, given a real candidate, than they have been.

Eric21ND
01-20-2011, 02:23 AM
We also need to CREATE Republican primary voters better.

Independents were disgusted by the bailouts and Obamacare. I think they might be more willing to reregister, given a real candidate, than they have been.
I think we should encourage Independents to do that and help with it, but if we hang our hat on that strategy we'll lose. Remember people are generally lazy and how many are going to be bothered enough to cross party lines, do the paper work, etc.

eok321
01-20-2011, 05:32 AM
RP does especially badly with the old folks, so i would have a flier aimed specifically and reassuring them that he wont end their social security.

Keith and stuff
01-20-2011, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the ideas.

However I doubt that the NHLA organization itself would get involved at all in supporting Ron Paul. I thought it focused on NH stuff and didn't get involved with presidential stuff. And I know that the Free State Project organization does not do anything political. It only encourages liberty activists to move to NH.

I was planning on trying to reach out to activists within both of those organizations, just not the official organizations themselves.

Taproom Tuesday at Murphy's is definitely on the list of places to stop by.

And I'll look into the others as well.

You seem to know what's up. The NHLA only focuses on the most important political stuff in NH, which is State House and State Senate elections, reviewing bills, supporting or opposing bills, ratings candidates and so on.

You are also correct in that the FSP doesn't do politics. It is just a bus that encourages and helps people move to NH where they can be more useful to the bring about increased liberty.

Good look with your work. You should know that Gary Johnson has already been to NH a whole bunch of times last year and this year and he is trying to reach out to similar groups (RLC, cannabis groups, local GOP groups) all over the state and even in MA and CT.

sailingaway
01-20-2011, 09:09 AM
I'm posting this in the general forum. Mods can take it down if they don't like it.

ronpaulhawaii
01-20-2011, 09:26 AM
I've had good luck with simple, home printed, 1/4 sheet, double sided fliers. I've yet to create any for RP2012, but we should get a template going. What I did was create one side that targets the event, and the other had generic endorsements/positive quotes...

ronpaulhawaii
01-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Further contact from NH, Due to a previous answer I asked if this was time effective for the Straw Poll:

I know mr1...he and I are in contact... not 100% a waste of time... but I think any lit needs to be 100% targeted as CONSERVATIVE... leave out some stuff...

mr1
01-20-2011, 07:39 PM
Okay, I'm going to see if make edits to this flier here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?269155-I-need-help-now-creating-RP-2012-literature-for-NH.&p=2989878&viewfull=1#post2989878

The edits will only be to the text of the flier and I have to have the edits tonight. So if anyone can help me out in giving suggestions for text to include, I would appreciate it.

This version of the flier will be specifically targeted to Republican activists. I'll be giving it to the attendees of the NH GOP annual meeting (and straw poll) this Saturday. Maybe I'll also print out copies for CPAC.

I would definitely like to add some good quotes from news sources that show Ron's popularity and his electability. One example would be a good headline from that one poll last year that showed Ron Paul even with Obama in a head to head matchup.

I would also be good to find something that will take on the age issue head on. Maybe a quote by Doug Wead about him not being to old, or somebody else talking about how healthy he is.

I would also like a good quote about how he got the most donations from members of the military.

It would also be great to have some good quotes about Ron Paul predicting the economic collapse. It might be cool to have quotes from Romney and Huckabee in 2007 about the economy and then a good quote from Ron Paul in order to contrast them.

And then it might be good to fit in something about Ron Paul being the brains and instigator of the Tea Party movement.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

I need help finding good material if this is going to work. Please post what you find.

sailingaway
01-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Here is the headline link for the Rasmussen poll - they pulled most of it behind a subscriber wall but the date and bottom line of the poll are still there so you can cite it: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_barack_obama_42_ron_paul_41

Election 2012: Barack Obama 42%, Ron Paul 41%
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Pit maverick Republican Congressman Ron Paul against President Obama in a hypothetical 2012 election match-up, and the race is – virtually dead even.

I'll post more with more stuff as soon as I can get it.

I'd wait on the age but at the end of pulling stuff I'll get a Doug Wead link from one of the articles, they are a sticky at the top of the forum, but I understand you are busy, tonight.

JoshLowry
01-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Add a link to RPF! The more minds we can get here the better.

I'll promote this post to the front page. You also may want to try the chat for insta-help.

sailingaway
01-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Here's the cite to the Tea Party's Brain - I'll pull a money quote:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2010/11/the-tea-party-8217-s-brain/8280/

meh, the best as a short bullet is the lead in with the citation below it for people to look at themselves:

One way to measure the surprising rightward political lurch of the past two years and rise of the Tea Party is to chart the relative position of Ron Paul, who has never flinched from his beliefs. He’s not alone anymore.

I'd shorten that to

The Tea Party's Brain

"....Ron Paul...has never flinched from his beliefs. He's not alone anymore."

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2010/11/the-tea-party-8217-s-brain/8280/

pacelli
01-20-2011, 08:04 PM

Agreed. It needs to focus on the average voter, NOT activists. A small percentage of voters are ACTIVISTS. WE are activists, and therefore we must tailor the RP2012 message to the average voter.

Keep it simple, keep it patriotic, and keep it honest.

sailingaway
01-20-2011, 08:06 PM
military I'd paraphrase just saying

Ron Paul led in military donations amongst all candidates during the 2008 Presidential primaries.

and cite this, as one possibility: http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2008/05/army_militarydonors_050408w/

because the military source looks good. It talks a lot about him being an antiwar candidate so I'd go directly to FEC reporting if you wanted more detail, otherwise, if you are trying to stay 'mainline'ish, as you seem to be.

JoshLowry
01-20-2011, 08:09 PM
http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2008/02/top-three-contr.html

Additionally, Ron Paul’s military contributions are greater than those of all other current candidates – John McCain, Mike Huckabee, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama –combined.

sailingaway
01-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Here's some of Doug Wead's stuff on age for you to pick amongst....

Is Ron Paul too old to run for president?

Consider; Charles de Gaulle was president of France at the age of 79. Some say he was the greatest modern leader in French history.

Ditto for Konrad Adenauer, declared by many to be the greatest chancellor of the German Republic in its modern history. Compare him to Helmut Kohl, for example, who presided over the reunification of Germany and was in the process of a Shakespearian moment, with greatness thrust on him, only to self implode in the midst of a tawdry, greedy scandal. Adenauer served Germany with wisdom and class until the age of 87.

Remember, the last “old” president America had was Ronald Reagan, who left office at 78.

Nor is old age the end of creativity. Michelangelo began his monumental work as architect of St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome at age 71. By age 89, the year of his death, he was still at it.

This is a concept of biblical power. Moses first saw the vision of freeing the Israeli slaves at age 80. He finally brought them to the Jordan River at the age of 120.

http://dougwead.wordpress.com/2008/12/01/is-ron-paul-too-old-to-run-for-president/

I'd leave out Ron's actual age and let them guess, most guess LOWER and if you put it in, some will just turn off.

mr1
01-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Agreed. It needs to focus on the average voter, NOT activists. A small percentage of voters are ACTIVISTS. WE are activists, and therefore we must tailor the RP2012 message to the average voter.

Keep it simple, keep it patriotic, and keep it honest.

Pacelli, we need different messaging for different audiences. Right now, it is too far away from the election to focus on your average voter. Right now we need to focus on things that can make a difference, like winning straw important straw polls in order to get attention. A random straw poll in NY might not be important at all, but I'm trying to make a flier to hand out at a NH GOP straw poll, which could get some coverage. In order to be effective at all at this straw poll I've got to be able to reach the GOP activists which will be there. That is why I need a targeted flier.

After this, the next big important events will be the CPAC straw poll, a kick off money bomb for Ron Paul, and the Iowa Straw poll.

sailingaway
01-20-2011, 08:20 PM
housing market

Ron Paul predicted the crash of the housing market in 2002 and fought to stop practices causing the bubble, speaking on the House floor against adoption of the poorly named "Free Housing Market Enhancement Act":

Ironically, by transferring the risk of a widespread mortgage default, the government increases the likelihood of a painful crash in the housing market. This is because the special privileges of Fannie, Freddie, and HLBB have distorted the housing market by allowing them to attract capital they could not attract under pure market conditions. As a result, capital is diverted from its most productive use into housing. This reduces the efficacy of the entire market and thus reduces the standard of living of all Americans.

However, despite the long-term damage to the economy inflicted by the government’s interference in the housing market, the government’s policies of diverting capital to other uses creates a short-term boom in housing. Like all artificially-created bubbles, the boom in housing prices cannot last forever. When housing prices fall, homeowners will experience difficulty as their equity is wiped out. Furthermore, the holders of the mortgage debt will also have a loss. These losses will be greater than they would have otherwise been had government policy not actively encouraged over-investment in housing.

Perhaps the Federal Reserve can stave off the day of reckoning by purchasing GSE debt and pumping liquidity into the housing market, but this cannot hold off the inevitable drop in the housing market forever. In fact, postponing the necessary but painful market corrections will only deepen the inevitable fall. The more people invested in the market, the greater the effects across the economy when the bubble bursts.

http://www.ronpaul.com/2008-09-26/ron-paul-on-the-housing-bubble-july-2002/

sailingaway
01-20-2011, 08:25 PM
Rather than the economy contrasting quotes (Huckabee quickly began stealing Ron's talking points in the debates) you might want to point out that Obamacare is modeled on Romneycare whereas Ron Paul fought adoption of Obamacare from day one. It isn't a quote thing, though.

sailingaway
01-20-2011, 08:31 PM
And on the text in the flyer, I think the guy who messaged Michael was talking about the 'say no to war' line being the first thing under the picture. They know that Ron's against war, but maybe we don't want it to be the first thing they think of when they are more drawn to Ron over his economic views. Maybe for new hampshire muckimucks you want to stress : " Say no to deficits, bailouts, Obamacare, amnesty and taxes .... say yes to Liberty!!"

But I don't know if you are messing with that side of the flyer or just the back.

On the other side I'd add more recent hot topics to the top "Opposed Obamacare, bailouts and deficits from the start" or something, those are the huge items now, and the others mostly thought TARP was the right thing to do. Ron fought it tooth and nail. Huckabee is saying he opposed it from the get go, I know he opposed extending it in 2009 when Obama was president, but haven't found a link to earlier,but he was really parroting what Ron said on the economy near the end of the campaign so I wouldn't be surprised if he opposed it. Romney however thought it was the right thing to do and Palin said it was as well, when supporting McCain, who voted for it.

but definitely there should be something like 'fought TARP' on capital hill, Opposed Obamacare from day one and calls for its repeal....

Those are fuzz issues now because a lot will be saying that, but people will be looking for his position on those if they don't know.

Good luck!! and post what you come up with here when you get a chance so others can work from it for other events....

sailingaway
01-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Completely separately, I'm thinking of getting these (or some of these) put on one side of flyers to put under wipers at events,with policy points on the other side, the theory being that you make friends by making people laugh:

Ron Paul delivers babies without his hands. He simply reads them the
Bill of Rights and they crawl out in anticipation of freedom.

Ron Paul has no alarm clock, but instead wakes every morning to the
call of freedom.

Ron Paul doesn't cut taxes. He kills them with his bare hands.

Ron Paul's idea of Gun Control is both hands on the weapon.

Ron Paul is 9 feet tall, but the weight of his conscience makes
him look shorter.

Studies by the World Health Organization show that
Ron Paul is the leading cause of freedom among men.

Ron Paul let the dogs out. They were being held without due process.

When fascism goes to sleep at night, it checks under the
bed for Ron Paul.

Ron Paul's midi-chlorian level is off the chart.

When applied directly to the brain, Ron Paul instantly
cures socialism.

JoshLowry
01-20-2011, 09:43 PM
I like the idea of using humor.

heavenlyboy34
01-20-2011, 10:59 PM
Is there a theme, motto, logo, etc. for RP 2012 yet? If not, I'll just use filler copy for poster ideas and post them on the forums sometime.

sailingaway
01-20-2011, 11:23 PM
Is there a theme, motto, logo, etc. for RP 2012 yet? If not, I'll just use filler copy for poster ideas and post them on the forums sometime.

None agreed on yet. Lots tossed around. There are a couple of threads going, with brainstorm ideas. I just thought of:

"Ron Paul for America
Take our Liberties back!"

I'll add it to one of the lists. Another someone had was 'Principles before Politics", which I also like.

mr1
01-21-2011, 12:17 AM
Thanks for your help everyone. I really appreciate it.

I've finished with a rough draft of new text for a flier. I'd love to hear what you think.

Remember, I'm trying to make this particular version geared towards convincing GOP activists that Ron Paul is a credible candidate and that they should vote for him in a straw poll. And I was only working on the the actually wording of the text. The creator of the original flier will make it pretty again.

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa342/mr113/RonPaul2012FlierDraft1-1.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa342/mr113/RonPaul2012FlierDraft1b.jpg

sailingaway
01-21-2011, 12:46 AM
:D:D:D

Looks fantastic!

I'm sure he'll LOVE the picture on the bike! ;)

I know why you did it, and think it is great for the purpose.

ONLY not sure I'd say he's like the tea party's 'Marx' or Madison, I'd be tempted to put in ... through 'Marx or' and make it: 'something like the [Tea Party's] Brain, its...Madison' etc. But Marx doesn't throw me. I just bet it will be the first time someone asked GOP leaders in a straw poll to vote for a presidential candidate likened to a movement's 'Marx'. But hey.....

JoshLowry
01-21-2011, 12:57 AM
Thanks for your help everyone. I really appreciate it.

Thanks for the link to RPF?

Who runs facebook.com/ronpaul12? You mention an "us."

Who runs RonPaul.com?

Too many scams last time, too many ways to be fooled if we are not cautious. People know that now is an opportune time to infect our networks.

sailingaway
01-21-2011, 01:04 AM

Who runs RonPaul.com?

Too many scams last time, too many ways to be fooled if we are not cautious. People know that now is an opportune time to infect our networks.

www.RonPaul.org is Ron's site, the other is a fan site. I did post it earlier, but with the date of the speech in question, which is what you cite, I just gave the website so you could see all the text in case you wanted a different part. If you are looking for an official site Ron's here: http://www.ronpaul.org/ might be better. But you should say 'paid for by grassroots unaffiliated with any campaign' which fudges who paid (and may not be proper, exactly, for that reason) but at least makes it clear this isn't official campaign funding when Ron doesn't have a campaign account all legally set up.

ahem, this is practical advice, not legal advice per se, since I haven't researched this. I saw a few 'handbooks for activists' somewhere, though.

JoshLowry
01-21-2011, 01:08 AM
Right, but on the flyer he removed the Daily Paul link and added two other ones. facebook.com/ronpaul12 and ronpaul.com

That's what I was asking about. I don't understand the tailoring of the urls he chose.

sailingaway
01-21-2011, 01:19 AM
Right, but on the flyer he removed the Daily Paul link and added two other ones. facebook.com/ronpaul12 and ronpaul.com

That's what I was asking about.

Ah. There are people who think facebook is as good as meetups but cheaper. I object to its privacy policies so don't use it. I definitely agree Ronpaulforums.com should be in there. We want MORE networking.

I can't speak to those other sites, I assume they are his. I didn't 'like' it when it was going around because I don't like facebook. I'll like Ron's campaign site, but not extras. That's just me. It looks like a decent site when I look at it, though, with nothing else to go on. I don't see anything asking for money....

I'm with you on being concerned about scams....but he seems to have 90,000 odd people already on that site, so it isn't just getting a push from this particular flyer...

it does have a store, http://ronpaul2012store.com/

But THAT links back to Ron's House site and ronpaul.org

Overall, I like the look of it, but I know nothing about computers. Do you see something I don't see?

JoshLowry
01-21-2011, 01:28 AM
I dunno, I don't want to be the paranoid one yelling at everyone to look out every time I see a red flag.

Some of it is probably justifiable because there really are people out there that would like to harm us mixed in with the hundreds of thousands of real supporters.

sailingaway
01-21-2011, 01:43 AM
I don't disagree, I already avoid email collecting 'pledge' sites. Where is the red flag?

What if he's just like you and Michael, and wants to generate support -- and a site too?

I mean, is there anything you see that makes you think that isn't it? Because I don't honestly think many people will be brought in from these flyers at this particular event, and over time we'll find out if it is an ally or not. Other than shutting out new people, which we don't want, how else do we proceed?

JoshLowry
01-21-2011, 01:51 AM
I don't disagree, I already avoid email collecting 'pledge' sites. Where is the red flag?

What if he's just like you and Michael, and wants to generate support -- and a site too?

I mean, is there anything you see that makes you think that isn't it? Because I don't honestly think many people will be brought in from these flyers at this particular event, and over time we'll find out if it is an ally or not. Other than shutting out new people, which we don't want, how else do we proceed?

They aren't wearing a black hat by any means, but it is underhanded what RonPaul.com did by sucking up the ronpaul2008.com domain when a staffer at the campaigns expense ineptly let it and 70k youtube subscribers go to whoever wanted it.

RonPaul.com people then went to youtube and said, hey that's our account, transfer ownership of it to us.

The beneficiary of the work that went into getting all those subscribers has changed. One red flag, nothing to set me into action, just bitch about it here.

Edit: They also benefit by permanently point the rp2008 domain to the url they choose which gives the link juice from RonPaul2008.com to the domain of their choosing. (affects search results)

Right now they have ronpaul2008.com pointed at http://www.ronpaul2012.net/ which is the one trying to collect 100k signatures. email addresses.

sailingaway
01-21-2011, 01:56 AM
:o
They aren't wearing a black hat by any means, but it's underhanded what RonPaul.com did by sucking up the ronpaul2008.com domain when a staffer at the campaigns expense ineptly let it and 70k youtube subscribers go to whoever wanted it. RonPaul.com people then went to youtube and said, hey that's our account, transfer ownership of it to us. The beneficiary of the work that went into getting all those subscribers has changed. One red flag, nothing to set me into action, just bitch about it here.

Oh. I didn't know that story. Well, I don't see why he'd use ronpaul.com instead of ronpaul.org on the flyer. I DID post ronpaul.com just because I picked up the text of a speech there (it is one I'd read elsewhere as well.) he might have just gotten that from me. It isn't in the 'join us' part. I think it was to replace the campaign website from 2008 he deleted. In which case the final will have ronpaul.org instead of .com.

mr1
01-21-2011, 07:59 AM

Who runs RonPaul.com?

I was in a rush last night to get something together and I didn't think too long about what sites would be best.

I don't run either of the sites I mentioned.

I liked the idea of mentioning the Ron Paul 2012 facebook group because it has a large number of people specifically supporting Ron Paul in 2012 and so it shows that he has support for a 2012 run. The official Ron Paul facebook page has over 280,000 "likes" but it doesn't show specific support for 2012 so I thought the Ron Paul 2012 page might be better. I said "Join us" in the flier just because I am one of the many people that have "liked" the "Ron Paul 2012" facebook page.

And I liked the idea of linking to ronpaul.com because it is updated more often than ronpaul.org and it also prominently features the pledge site ronpaul2012.net. I've been of the opinion for awhile that it is really important to get a good pledge site going with lots of signers in order to be ready to make a move as soon as Ron forms an exploratory committee and organize a huge kickoff moneybomb. I tried to do that by helping with the pledge site at TheRonPaulTeaParty.com but it didn't take off so we took down the pledge counter for know. Trevor Lyman's pledge sites draftronpaul.com and runronpaul.com don't seem to be getting tons of traction so I was glad when ronpaul2012.net's pledge site started to take off.

I wasn't sure if RPF was the best place to link to for the NH GOP crowd, but maybe so. I just made a quick decision. It wasn't meant to be totally final. I'd like to rework this flier, or another, even more to get it ready to use at CPAC.

Maybe it might be good to list 3 sites at the bottom:
"www.RonPaul.org - Official site
www.RonPaul.com - News and Fan site
www.RonPaulForums.com - Grassroots discussion and activism site"

sailingaway
01-21-2011, 09:43 AM
I was in a rush last night to get something together and I didn't think too long about what sites would be best.

I don't run either of the sites I mentioned.

I liked the idea of mentioning the Ron Paul 2012 facebook group because it has a large number of people specifically supporting Ron Paul in 2012 and so it shows that he has support for a 2012 run. The official Ron Paul facebook page has over 280,000 "likes" but it doesn't show specific support for 2012 so I thought the Ron Paul 2012 page might be better. I said "Join us" in the flier just because I am one of the many people that have "liked" the "Ron Paul 2012" facebook page.

And I liked the idea of linking to ronpaul.com because it is updated more often than ronpaul.org and it also prominently features the pledge site ronpaul2012.net. I've been of the opinion for awhile that it is really important to get a good pledge site going with lots of signers in order to be ready to make a move as soon as Ron forms an exploratory committee and organize a huge kickoff moneybomb. I tried to do that by helping with the pledge site at TheRonPaulTeaParty.com but it didn't take off so we took down the pledge counter for know. Trevor Lyman's pledge sites draftronpaul.com and runronpaul.com don't seem to be getting tons of traction so I was glad when ronpaul2012.net's pledge site started to take off.

I wasn't sure if RPF was the best place to link to for the NH GOP crowd, but maybe so. I just made a quick decision. It wasn't meant to be totally final. I'd like to rework this flier, or another, even more to get it ready to use at CPAC.

Maybe it might be good to list 3 sites at the bottom:
"www.RonPaul.org - Official site
www.RonPaul.com - News and Fan site
www.RonPaulForums.com - Grassroots discussion and activism site"

If the history of RonPaul.com is as Josh thinks (as in it slurpped up a campaign site for its subscribers when the campaign staffer made an error and dropped it and then wouldn't give it back) it really sounds like something I wouldn't want to lead others to, since it doesn't really seem its main goal is pro-Paul.

I think Ron Paul forums and DP is where people get involved. They came HERE to GET the likes on facebook. A lot of libertarian leaning people have real problems with the way facebook is run, as well. Which doesn't mean you should leave them off if you like them, however, Ronpaul.com isn't updated more than here by any means, and isn't interactive. It has zero community.

As for pledging, what earthly good does that do? Ron Paul has our email addresses and donations. He knows we will vote for him. Campaign for Liberty has over half a million members; Ron's congressional website is liked by over 200,000 -- how many lists does the man need?

Aratus
01-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Facebook is the very private executive sandbox of the quite young billionaire dude
the recent oscar movie is about. methinks indeed he may have his own pet causes.
the world wide web is more global as Facebook approximates hobbes's auld leviathan.
the idea is to get people into meet~ups and/or lurking and better on sites like daily paul.

mr1
01-21-2011, 09:51 PM
The fliers are printed! I was just barely able to get them done in time. I wasn't able to get all the edits done exactly the way we wanted but we were crunched for time. I'm very happy with what I got, considering I just found out about the staw poll 2 days ago.

Again, these fliers will be handed out tomorrow prior to the NH GOP annual meeting where they will be holding a presidential straw poll. I believe that high profile polls like this are some of the most effective ground work we can be doing right now in support of a Ron Paul 2012 run.

The printing was kind of expensive, since it was so rushed. If anyone can help defray my costs by contributing to my ChipIn that would be very helpful.
http://ronpaul2012nh.chipin.com/ron-paul-2012-fliers

And thanks to everyone that helped me with editing the flier.

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa342/mr113/IMG_8034-1.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa342/mr113/MosaicHandoutSide2.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa342/mr113/MosaicHandout2012Side1.jpg

mr1
01-21-2011, 09:54 PM
The fliers are printed!

Oh, and I do have the flier in pdf format, ready for printing. If anyone would like the file, send me a message.

pacelli
01-21-2011, 10:21 PM
I dunno, I don't want to be the paranoid one yelling at everyone to look out every time I see a red flag.

Some of it is probably justifiable because there really are people out there that would like to harm us mixed in with the hundreds of thousands of real supporters.

You have every right to nit-pick the details, especially this early in the season. Some innocent foul-ups now could come back to haunt us later. We learned this the hard way in 07-08.

HazyHusky420
01-21-2011, 10:29 PM
Well, I might also prefer a weak isolationist president if that just meant that the president wouldn't intervene militarily abroad and that he would in general reduce the overextended power of the presidency.

However, "weak" and "isolationist" have bad connotations to most people so I say we avoid them. When I talk about the myth that Ron Paul would be "weak" and an "isolationist", I'm talking about the perceptions that Ron Paul would make us unprotected by weakening our military, and that he would make us cut off all foreign trade and interaction. That is what I think a lot of people think of when they hear the media call someone isolationist. And that is not what Ron Paul is. We need to stress that he is "strong" by being willing to make the tough decisions and make us more safe by bringing the troops home and focusing on true defense. And that he is not isolationist because like many of the founders, he wants trade and commerce with all, but entangling alliances with none.

If most people weren't so damn brainwashed they would have nothing against a "weak isolationist".

sailingaway
01-22-2011, 03:20 PM
Oh, and I do have the flier in pdf format, ready for printing. If anyone would like the file, send me a message.

I'm going to get it started and chip in $20.12. If the ronpaul.com were off, I'd likely do more, but I would like the pdf -- as far as I know these are the only flyers ready to go for 2012, immediately. Can it be pmd? Otherwise my chip in should show my email.

And thank you for getting up there on such short notice!

trey4sports
01-22-2011, 03:26 PM
GREAT fliers man, +rep

Eric21ND
01-29-2011, 07:12 AM
Those fliers look sweet man! I like the updates. One question about where should we direct people to go online? Ron's official facebook page? The Ron Paul 2012 facebook page ran by someone? Ron Paul Forums perhaps since we have all the indepth discussion?

GunnyFreedom
01-29-2011, 08:07 AM

Get a job crafting Mitt Romney's rhetoric? :p

sailingaway
01-29-2011, 09:57 AM
I never did get the pdf file. Am I going to get it?