PDA

View Full Version : Debate Watching Parties -

princessredtights
10-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Here's an email I just sent out to our meetup group. I did this so that we can hopefully raise participation in our meetups .

I thought I would share -
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I originally intended to get a large event venue so we could ALL watch together but I’m not having any luck securing a location that’s available with a/v equipment.

Also, I have had some feedback from some members who have found that traveling from all over the metro area is not great for their schedules or gas budget (and I really appreciate hearing that feedback - it helps the organizers to know these things).

So, I thought “what would be the next best thing?” How about getting together in small groups - scattered about the metro area so that it is convenient for travel and perhaps less daunting for new members.

So, I am looking for volunteers to generously and graciously open their homes for the upcoming Republican Debates:
Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 7:00 PM, MSNBC
Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 6:00 PM CNN

Here’s some potential questions you might be wondering ...

Q: Karen, the thought of hosting a large number of people (strangers non-the-less) sounds daunting!
A: I agree! Here’s what I thought of to make it manageable - You can limit the number of attendees at your specific event - would you feel comfortable with 8? 10? 5 guests? You decide!

Q: Karen, I don’t want my address and phone number out there on the internet for everyone to know!
A: I agree! You can choose to disclose your address/phone # ONLY to attendees (via email). The event can be labeled "Lloyd Center area" "Murrayhill" "Clackamas" so that people can find the location nearest to them.

Q: Karen, what about Food/Drinks - I don’t know if that expense is in my budget?
A: While not necessary, it is always a nice touch to have something to nosh on.

Why not have a “potluck” - everyone bring one snack to share and a drink of their choice - (if you prefer to have alcohol allowed or not allowed feel free to specify that in the invitation)
OR ... If you prefer, why not have a $5 donation for each attendee and order pizza/soda?

Q: Karen - My house isn’t really kid friendly AND I do have pets!
A: Pets and Children - Specify whether your home has pets so those with allergies can be prepared - Also, if you have a child friendly home (or DON’T have a child friendly home), that would help those with wee little ones to know!

I also want to make it convenient for people to obtain campaign materials and will be offering to supply Patriot Packs for your guests.

I will be willing to answer any other questions that you might have and will help set up the event on the calendar. Please feel free to contact me:
If there is one thing I have known since joining the Ron Paul Revolution ... my fellow patriots are quite wonderful and inspiring! I am so proud to know you all!