PDA

View Full Version : What day should Ron Paul announce?

DjLoTi
11-16-2010, 07:41 PM
I think Presidents day. I think he should announce on presidents day, and we can all rush in and send him tons of money. I'll probably send him $20. I wonder how much money he would raise???

dannno
11-16-2010, 07:43 PM
4/20

dannno
11-16-2010, 07:43 PM
^That's the day after his book release... he could probably stand to do it a bit sooner, I admit..

DjLoTi
11-16-2010, 07:44 PM
lol. Ok. so 1 vote for presidents day, and 1 vote for 420 =P If we get enough votes, maybe I'll make a poll =)

low preference guy
11-16-2010, 07:45 PM
9/11

Deborah K
11-16-2010, 07:47 PM
I think Presidents day. I think he should announce on presidents day, and we can all rush in and send him tons of money. I'll probably send him $20. I wonder how much money he would raise???

I like this idea.

DjLoTi
11-16-2010, 07:47 PM
9/11 is too late. It needs to be sometime between January and April, I'd say, and I like the sound of presidents day

Son of Detroit
11-16-2010, 07:48 PM
Tomorrow.

DjLoTi
11-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Well, by Thursday it will already be too late, so you guys will have to vote again

muzzled dogg
11-16-2010, 07:51 PM
i thought he was gonna announce at the northeast regional c4l conference but i cant find anything that says that event is even gonna happen

Epic
11-16-2010, 07:52 PM
CPAC 2011 almost definitely.

He'll win the straw poll and announce and then after that he will be looked upon as one of the top contenders.

Wolverine302
11-16-2010, 07:53 PM

Presidents day sounds like an excuse for a banking holiday, I dont imagine it doing well to raise money when banks are closed-- just my opinion.

Inkblots
11-16-2010, 07:53 PM

He'll win the straw poll and announce and then after that he will be looked upon as one of the top contenders.

Oh, man. It would be so great if that happened.

Deborah K
11-16-2010, 07:54 PM

He's not that grandiose. He's a humble man. Last time he announced on CSPAN.

Deborah K
11-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Presidents day sounds like an excuse for a banking holiday, I dont imagine it doing well to raise money when banks are closed-- just my opinion.

Huh? You don't need the bank to be open to donate to an online moneybomb.

Natalie
11-16-2010, 08:06 PM
//

DjLoTi
11-16-2010, 08:07 PM
I do think he might win CPAC. YAL and C4L have to rise up. So do the grassroots. We need to come together. I'm going to try and make it to CPAC. I agree with Deborah about him not being that grandiose.

WilliamShrugged
11-16-2010, 08:12 PM
Riiiiiiighttt......... Noooowwwwww!!!! Lol i would like it on Jan. 6 thats my b-day

libertybrewcity
11-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Definitely not november, definitely not december. DEFINITELY January. Sometime around/before CPAC. earlier than last time. The first debate is in april and he needs to get in some national polls and do well if he wants to be invited.

TXcarlosTX
11-16-2010, 08:20 PM
Boston Tea Party Event

JRegs85
11-16-2010, 08:26 PM
Ron Paul should announce before December 16, so a moneybomb can be planned for that day.

Gary Johnson would be more appropriate for a 4/20 announcement.

DjLoTi
11-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Definitely not november, definitely not december. DEFINITELY January. Sometime around/before CPAC. earlier than last time. The first debate is in april and he needs to get in some national polls and do well if he wants to be invited.

The first debate is in April? April what?

QueenB4Liberty
11-16-2010, 08:31 PM
There's an end the fed rally in Houston Saturday? I don't know if he's going, but that would be awesome. The end the fed rally a few years ago in Houston is where he started all the end the fed stuff. :D

muzzled dogg
11-16-2010, 08:44 PM
The first debate is in April? April what?

actually i think its in march

RileyE104
11-16-2010, 08:44 PM
How about we let the man get some progress done in his new committee before he goes running for president again? He can't be wasting his time campaigning so soon. I'm sure he has A LOT of work he wants to get done against the FED before he runs again.

I'd say a good time that has been thrown around is the December 16th date.
If we could raise > $6,000,000 on that one day for him it would be amazing and a perfect start to his campaign.

cindy25
11-16-2010, 08:51 PM
April 15th, with a promise to abolish the income tax.

but, unless he can change the attitude of the base regarding the wars, it won't be enough.

Palin is already attacking the fed, and taking the domestic issues. foreign policy is the difference.

Number19
11-16-2010, 08:57 PM
I didn't ask Ron directly at the victory party, but I questioned a close friend of the family. The answer was, he was waiting to see how strong his support was. I was a bit taken back at this response and responded that Ron knows from the '08 campaign the strength of his grassroots and financial support. I was told he's still waiting to see who gets into the race and the strength of the support of these candidates and the impact this would have on his campaign.

Truthfully, I was a bit disheartened with the response and left that evening not quite so certain of his declaring as I had been. The way I figure, it's 50-50.

tremendoustie
11-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Now

RideTheDirt
11-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Today

mr1
11-16-2010, 10:08 PM
For the 2008 campaign, the big shots started forming exploratory committees within about 2 weeks after the 2006 election. Then they started formally announcing in Jan and Feb. Candidates seem to be taking a little bit longer this time in forming committees but we can start expecting them anytime. I think most of the big shots will definitely at least have an exploratory committee before CPAC.

It is my belief that we all need to loudly show our support for Ron Paul so we can convince him to run and begin very early. I think we need to try to position him as the true Tea Party candidate of choice, and do it early to pre-empt Palin and others. So I would like him to form a committee within the next week or two.

It is also my belief that a moneybomb on the day he announces will be a flop. Moneybombs require time to prepare and get the word out. There's no way to prepare well enough for a moneybomb on the day he announces.

What we can do is help promote the proposed 12/16/10 kickoff moneybomb and get enough pledges to convince Ron Paul to form an exploratory committee before that point. Then we can all donate on 12/16/10 to his exploratory committee and raise 10 million dollars so that he can then go on the news, amid much fanfare and excitement, the next day and officially announce his campaign after having just had an amazing record-breaking fundraising day.

Pledge your support at www.TheRonPaulTeaParty.com

It is up to us to convince Ron Paul to run. And I think we have to do it now.

DjLoTi
11-16-2010, 10:50 PM
For the 2008 campaign, the big shots started forming exploratory committees within about 2 weeks after the 2006 election. Then they started formally announcing in Jan and Feb. Candidates seem to be taking a little bit longer this time in forming committees but we can start expecting them anytime. I think most of the big shots will definitely at least have an exploratory committee before CPAC.

It is my belief that we all need to loudly show our support for Ron Paul so we can convince him to run and begin very early. I think we need to try to position him as the true Tea Party candidate of choice, and do it early to pre-empt Palin and others. So I would like him to form a committee within the next week or two.

It is also my belief that a moneybomb on the day he announces will be a flop. Moneybombs require time to prepare and get the word out. There's no way to prepare well enough for a moneybomb on the day he announces.

What we can do is help promote the proposed 12/16/10 kickoff moneybomb and get enough pledges to convince Ron Paul to form an exploratory committee before that point. Then we can all donate on 12/16/10 to his exploratory committee and raise 10 million dollars so that he can then go on the news, amid much fanfare and excitement, the next day and officially announce his campaign after having just had an amazing record-breaking fundraising day.

Pledge your support at www.TheRonPaulTeaParty.com

It is up to us to convince Ron Paul to run. And I think we have to do it now.

I signed up, but i kind of wish there was a way i could pledge w/o having to use an email address...

Rael
11-16-2010, 11:05 PM
today

CaseyJones
11-16-2010, 11:07 PM
Tuesday

TheTyke
11-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Ron SHOULD be grandiose... he/we need to convince people he can win!!! I was talking to a guy today who said several of his friends liked Ron, but didn't vote for him because he couldn't win. It's all about crafting a winning image and having an effective political machine ready to get out the vote in the early states.

The idea of announcing at CPAC intrigues me, but it seems like it would be a waste of media attention. If we win the CPAC poll, we'll get a burst of media attention... and his announcement will make another! Perhaps one just as the other story is dying out?

Thomas
11-17-2010, 01:48 AM
early next year

anaconda
11-17-2010, 03:46 AM
Just in time to be in the first debate. Build a little anticipation. Let the other dorks like Romney become old news first. So around April is good. UNLESS Ron wants to go for huge grassroots money early on and try to jump out real fast. In that case I would say maybe February.

rich34
11-17-2010, 06:46 AM
I say no later than CPAC and if you wait that long then go ahead and announce then. He's got to come out with a bang and we the grassroots have to come out swinging for the fences with our wallets!! If we can organize an instant million dollar moneybomb around the time of CPAC and assuming Ron wins, then his announcement and then the money comes flowing in and the media will hopefully report. If we can accomplish this then I'd say we're off to a great start!

Krugerrand
11-17-2010, 07:29 AM
Some upcoming dates of interest:
December 15, 1791, the Bill of Rights was ratified
December 23, 1913, President Woodrow Wilson signed the Owen-Glass Act, creating the Federal Reserve System.
January 12 marks the birth of John Hancock (1737-93), often remembered for his bold signature to the Declaration of Independence.
January 24, 1848, James W. Marshall discovered gold on the property of Johann A. Sutter near Coloma, California.
February 25, 1791 - The First Bank was a bank chartered by the United States Congress
February 25, 1862 Legal Tender Act passed to print paper money to fund the Civil War
February 25, 1913, 16th Ammendment ratified.

Looks like Fed 25 was a key date.

SWATH
11-17-2010, 09:09 AM
It'll be in January...

Krugerrand
11-17-2010, 09:16 AM
It'll be in January...

well, it it is, I vote for a 2/25 16th amendment day money bomb.

SWATH
11-17-2010, 09:22 AM
Nope January, mark it.

johnrocks
11-17-2010, 09:25 AM
He is still in single digits in the polls, the sooner the better,imho.

osan
11-17-2010, 01:15 PM

Yesterday.

He's late.

Very late, IMO.

Eric21ND
11-17-2010, 01:19 PM
1/11/11

Watch the cash roll in :)

smithtg
11-17-2010, 03:15 PM
someone else said it, but he has got to be first to get grassroots money, or possibly last and make the MSM anticipate his entry and then BANG, losers romney and huckster wont know what to do

grassroots needs to have plenty of tube action ready to go viral showing the idiots in 2008 saying the economy was ok

Koz
11-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Today?

Matt Collins
11-17-2010, 03:54 PM
The earlier he announces, the better off the grassroots, and consequently the campaign, will be. We will be building momentum. We will not peak or apex but continue a steady climb upwards. The longer we have to climb, the better off we will do.

He's not that grandiose. He's a humble man. Last time he announced on CSPAN.
YouTube - Ron Paul Releases Presidential Exploratory Committee (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNTD6W9s1Xw)

Last time he announced the EC on JANUARY 11th 2007:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/politics/local/stories/011207dntswpaul.2114595.html

I think he will announce around January 15th. That is my guess. I think it will be before CPAC.
I hope so, it would be perfect.

Ron Paul should announce before December 16, so a moneybomb can be planned for that day.Ron has said that he won't announce in 2011.

How about we let the man get some progress done in his new committee before he goes running for president again? He can't be wasting his time campaigning so soon.I dunno, I'd say he got a lot of things done in 2007/2008. The fruit of that run is still paying off!

I didn't ask Ron directly at the victory party, but I questioned a close friend of the family. The answer was, he was waiting to see how strong his support was. I was a bit taken back at this response and responded that Ron knows from the '08 campaign the strength of his grassroots and financial support. I was told he's still waiting to see who gets into the race and the strength of the support of these candidates and the impact this would have on his campaign.

Truthfully, I was a bit disheartened with the response and left that evening not quite so certain of his declaring as I had been. The way I figure, it's 50-50.

He's running so long as everyone's health is ok. It's just a matter of when.

The idea of announcing at CPAC intrigues me, but it seems like it would be a waste of media attention. If we win the CPAC poll, we'll get a burst of media attention... and his announcement will make another! Perhaps one just as the other story is dying out?Well that, and we can't control the crowd at CPAC; there will be a lot of non-friendlies there.

For the 2008 campaign, the big shots started forming exploratory committees within about 2 weeks after the 2006 election. Then they started formally announcing in Jan and Feb. Candidates seem to be taking a little bit longer this time in forming committees but we can start expecting them anytime. I think most of the big shots will definitely at least have an exploratory committee before CPAC.Exactly. Ron has said though that he probably won't form an exploratory committee, but just jump straight into the candidacy. Although I don't fully understand his reasons for this.

It is my belief that we all need to loudly show our support for Ron Paul so we can convince him to run and begin very early. I think we need to try to position him as the true Tea Party candidate of choice, and do it early to pre-empt Palin and others. So I would like him to form a committee within the next week or two.I agree.

It is also my belief that a moneybomb on the day he announces will be a flop. Moneybombs require time to prepare and get the word out. There's no way to prepare well enough for a moneybomb on the day he announces..I think there will be a natural surge the first 2 weeks following his candidacy. Then we can wait 1 month for a money bomb. I predict $10million within 30 days, or very close to it at least. START SAVING YOUR MONEY!

Todd
11-17-2010, 03:57 PM
He did it last time March 12th. I would like it to be earlier.