PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the body scanners

JustinTime
11-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Im happy people are up in arms, but these things have been in the works at least since 2001!

We libertarians are visionaries, we think ahead, I know Ive been blabbering about these things for years and nobody listened, but when they actually have to start going through them, finally they get their panties in a twist. Better late than never I guess, but I wish people would listen to pro-freedom points-of-view more often instead of just dismissing us as conspiracy theorists.

I think the Obama administration is going to try and ride this out, they have made no statement AFAIK on them, exactly as they did with the Black Panther prosecution scandal a few months back. They waited that one out, so I smell the same thing brewing here.

Dont you detest the way the red and blue 'teams' (the two major political parties that stand for nothing) switch around on things? I know Democrats who were losing their minds a few years back over warrantless wiretaps but are now totally cool with these scanners, in the name of safety, they say. On the other side of the field the other teams 'fans' supported wiretaps, but now are freaking out over the scanners.

How lonely it is to stand on principle.

Lucille
11-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Im happy people are up in arms, but these things have been in the works at least since 2001!

We libertarians are visionaries, we think ahead, I know Ive been blabbering about these things for years and nobody listened, but when they actually have to start going through them, finally they get their panties in a twist. Better late than never I guess, but I wish people would listen to pro-freedom points-of-view more often instead of just dismissing us as conspiracy theorists.

I think the Obama administration is going to try and ride this out, they have made no statement AFAIK on them, exactly as they did with the Black Panther prosecution scandal a few months back. They waited that one out, so I smell the same thing brewing here.

Dont you detest the way the red and blue 'teams' (the two major political parties that stand for nothing) switch around on things? I know Democrats who were losing their minds a few years back over warrantless wiretaps but are now totally cool with these scanners, in the name of safety, they say. On the other side of the field the other teams 'fans' supported wiretaps, but now are freaking out over the scanners.

How lonely it is to stand on principle.

Amazing, isn't it? I am so sick of TEAM RED TEAM BLUE, I could puke.

These were funded by Barry's Big Porkulus bill. TP Carney's reporting on the lobbying end of it.

Nudie-scan CEO an Obama ally (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/nudie-scan-ceo-an-obama-ally-108230644.html)

Bush’s Homeland Security Secretary flacking for nudie-scanners, too (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/bushs-homeland-security-secretary-flacking-for-nudie-scanners-too-108187479.html)

'Naked scanners': Lobbyists join the war on terror (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/_Naked-scanners__-Lobbyists-join-the-war-on-terror-1540901-107548388.html)

JustinTime
11-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Amazing, isn't it? I am so sick of TEAM RED TEAM BLUE, I could puke.

Neither stand for anything! They might as well be football teams.