PDA

View Full Version : CPAC under fire over gay conservative group

Matt Collins
11-16-2010, 05:32 PM
SOURCE:
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/1110/CPAC_under_fire_over_gay_conservative_group.html

JustinTime
11-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Eh... I have no problem with gays getting married, serving in the military, but people can associate politically or otherwise with the persons or groups of their choice. If some conservative group doesnt want to be around gays at CPAC, okey doke.

TonySutton
11-16-2010, 07:03 PM
I sure am glad the Founding Fathers were able to put aside their differences to unite and fight for liberty. I hope these people wake up before it is too late!

MRoCkEd
11-16-2010, 08:11 PM
I sure am glad the Founding Fathers were able to put aside their differences to unite and fight for liberty. I hope these people wake up before it is too late!
The founders weren't exactly "tolerant" of homosexuality, BUT that's a different discussion. :p

YouTube - Alexander McCobin at CPAC 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCDS8Xc8nmo)
YouTube - Ryan Sorba Condemns CPAC For Inviting GOProud And Declares YAL's Jeff Frazee His Enemy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuBlFflPOIg)

sync
11-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Typically, the most homophobic people are self-hating, closet homosexuals. Good riddance. The last thing the republican party needs are a bunch of self-righteous, moral elitists... oh wait!:D

Seriously though, what a bunch of douche bags!

FrankRep
11-16-2010, 10:25 PM

What?

Thomas Jefferson, A Bill for Proportioning Crimes and Punishments (http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/documents/amendVIIIs10.html)

The Founders' Constitution
Volume 5, Amendment VIII, Document 10, 1778

Whosoever shall be guilty of Rape, Polygamy, or Sodomy with man or woman shall be punished, if a man, by castration, if a woman, by cutting thro' the cartilage of her nose a hole of one half inch diameter at the least.

But no one shall be punished for Polygamy who shall have married after probable information of the death of his or her husband or wife, or after his or her husband or wife hath absented him or herself, so that no notice of his or her being alive hath reached such person for 7. years together, or hath suffered the punishments before prescribed for rape, polygamy or sodomy.

SOURCE:
http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/documents/amendVIIIs10.html

Theocrat
11-16-2010, 10:35 PM
The American Principles Project did the right thing by withdrawing from CPAC until groups like GOProud are gone. If the Republican Party keeps allowing groups like GOProud to be in their tent, they will lose more supporters as the years go on.

CPAC should have the same attitude towards GOProud that Congressman Paul had towards "Bruno":

YouTube - Ron Paul & Sasha Baron Cohen (Bruno) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7RnlPQCKBQ)

nobody's_hero
11-17-2010, 03:44 AM
I think that it's time for the GOP to stop thinking they should deny certain groups participation for the sake of keeping the 'old guard' around.

Did it ever occur to you, theocrat, that the vast majority of those who denounce GOPride et. al, are the same old fuddy-duddy folks who think John McCain is the best thing since machine-sliced bread? I know the type. GA GOP is full of them.

Hell yes, I'd like to get those people out of the party. We have to make room for liberty-lovers.

GreenCardSeeker
11-17-2010, 03:49 AM
The homosexual activists will never care for conservatism, personal responsibility and limited government, so why cater to them? It's suicide for conservative organizations to try to appease them.

TheTyke
11-17-2010, 05:13 AM
The whole thing is stupid... the bashing, drawing YAL into it, as well as a group specifically going to flaunt their "lifestyle." And we'd be stupid if we let ourselves get caught up in it, too...

TonySutton
11-17-2010, 08:06 AM
Frank Cannon is being childish, he isn't going to play baseball if there is a ***** on his team.

Ron Paul understands how important it is to work with like minded people to achieve a common goal. He worked with Dennis Kucinich and he even worked with the evil gay Barney Frank. Ron Paul did not mind that Kent Snyder was gay, if he did why would he choose him as his campaign manager.

@Theo - your attempt to smear gays by using youtube video of a straight actor attempting to embarass Ron Paul falls on deaf ears. If you feel your post was valid rebuttal I will start using Monty Pythons Flying Circus clips to rebut your religion based posts.

@Frank - I never said the Founding Fathers were favorable to gays. My point was and still is that if we can not put our differences aside to work for the common good we will never get anywhere! The First and Second Continental Congresses certainly had issues but they got past them and were able to coordinate their fight for freedom.

This reminds me of Joseph Galloway. He was the member of the First Continental Congress who proposed the Plan of Union and was supported by John Jay and Edward Rutledge. This plan was defeated by a vote of 6 to 5. Joseph Galloway went on to become a loyalist while John Jay become the first Chief Justice and Edward Rutledge went on to become the youngest signer of the Declaration of Independence and later Governor of South Carolina.

Bern
11-17-2010, 08:28 AM
The homosexual activists will never care for conservatism, personal responsibility and limited government, so why cater to them? It's suicide for conservative organizations to try to appease them.

That's bullshit. I know plenty of libertarian minded gay men who support fiscal conservatism, personal responsibility and limited government. The only thing holding them back from supporting the GOP financially or with votes is the stupid, bigoted "social conservative" aspect of the party.

IMO, "social conservative" is an oxymoron. You either believe in freedom, equality and limited government or you don't.

specsaregood
11-17-2010, 08:36 AM
IMO, "social conservative" is an oxymoron. You either believe in freedom, equality and limited government or you don't.

Maybe that's why despite all the social cons, they manage to end up with blood-thirsty war-mongering gays elected under their banner and running their party.

silentshout
11-17-2010, 11:10 AM
The GOP, if they keep doing stuff like this, will truly be a minority party in the future.

erowe1
11-17-2010, 11:13 AM
Dear Ron Paul, and everyone associated with you,
Please don't get involved in some dispute between some pro-gay group and other conservatives and take the gay side. The last thing we need is for Republican primary voters to identify you with that agenda.

Cowlesy
11-17-2010, 11:44 AM
To the American Conservative Union's credit, although of course there is a monetary aspect to it all, they did have a wide, wide band of groups at CPAC 2010. GOProud, YAF, John Birch, Sovereign Citizens, YAL, LOLA, C4L, Prison Fellowship, all sorts of groups.

What is there about which to be afraid? I don't agree with a lot Heritage Foundation puts out in regards to foreign policy, but that doesn't mean I am going to protest by not going to CPAC. That's pretty much letting the other side win.

I didn't think CPAC 2010 was a social or neo-con fest at all. There was a tempestuous sea of conservative ideas floating around. I wouldn't expect radical libertarians to enjoy as much as I do, but then again, it's the "Conservative" Political Action Conference. This APP group, by not attending, sends less of a message rather than going there and trying to meet new people. Poor strategy.

TonySutton
11-17-2010, 12:26 PM
Dear Ron Paul, and everyone associated with you,
Please don't get involved in some dispute between some pro-gay group and other conservatives and take the gay side. The last thing we need is for Republican primary voters to identify you with that agenda.

What agenda?

According to GOProud's website:

We are conservatives who believe in limited government, individual liberty, free markets, a strong national defense and a confident foreign policy. We believe that every individual should be equal under the law.

and their federal legislative priorities are:

1 – TAX REFORM - Death tax repeal; domestic partner tax equity, and other changes to the tax code that will provide equity for gays and lesbians; cut in the capital gains and corporate tax rates to jump start our economy and create jobs; a fairer, flatter and substantially simpler tax code.

2 – HEALTHCARE REFORM – Free market healthcare reform. Legislation that will allow for the purchase of insurance across state lines – expanding access to domestic partner benefits; emphasizing individual ownership of healthcare insurance – such a shift would prevent discriminatory practices by an employer or the government.

3 – SOCIAL SECURITY REFORM - Bringing basic fairness to the Social Security system through the creation of inheritable personal savings accounts.

4 – DON’T ASK, DON’T TELL REPEAL – Repeal of the military’s Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell policy.

5 – HOLDING THE LINE ON SPENDING – Standing up for all tax payers against wasteful and unneccessary spending to protect future generations from the mounting federal debt.

6 – FIGHTING GLOBAL EXTREMISTS – Standing strong against radical regimes who seek to criminalize gays and lesbians.

7 – DEFENDING OUR CONSTITUTION – Opposing any anti-gay federal marriage amendment.

8 – ENCOURAGING COMMUNITY ENTREPRENEURSHIP – Package of free market reforms to encourage and support small businesses and entrepreneurship in the gay community.

9 – REVITALIZING OUR COMMUNITIES – A package of urban related reforms; expanding historic tax preservation credits; support for school choice.

10 – DEFENDING OUR COMMUNITY – Protecting 2nd amendment rights.

Although a few of these are tailored to the gay community several of their priorities would benefit domestic partnerships while others are universal in the conservative movement.

Why wouldn't you accept their help in getting our country back to a more sane place? Is it because they are icky?

Agorism
11-17-2010, 12:52 PM
I bet GOP Proud people would help Paul get votes. I can't imagine them voting for Huckabee or Romney

specsaregood
11-17-2010, 12:58 PM
What agenda?
According to GOProud's website:
and their federal legislative priorities are:

Why wouldn't you accept their help in getting our country back to a more sane place? Is it because they are icky?

I have no real problem with most of those other than:

6 – FIGHTING GLOBAL EXTREMISTS – Standing strong against radical regimes who seek to criminalize gays and lesbians.

It sounds like foreign interventionism to me. I guess it depends on how they define "standing strong".

TonySutton
11-17-2010, 01:04 PM
I have no real problem with most of those other than:

It sounds like foreign interventionism to me. I guess it depends on how they define "standing strong".

That point of darkness is why I have never given them money.

Xenophage
11-17-2010, 01:22 PM
What?

Thomas Jefferson, A Bill for Proportioning Crimes and Punishments (http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/documents/amendVIIIs10.html)

The Founders' Constitution
Volume 5, Amendment VIII, Document 10, 1778

Whosoever shall be guilty of Rape, Polygamy, or Sodomy with man or woman shall be punished, if a man, by castration, if a woman, by cutting thro' the cartilage of her nose a hole of one half inch diameter at the least.

But no one shall be punished for Polygamy who shall have married after probable information of the death of his or her husband or wife, or after his or her husband or wife hath absented him or herself, so that no notice of his or her being alive hath reached such person for 7. years together, or hath suffered the punishments before prescribed for rape, polygamy or sodomy.

SOURCE:
http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/documents/amendVIIIs10.html

You're spreading misinformation here. Jefferson worked on this in a committee, and his goal was to eliminate as much capital punishment as possible. He had deep reservations about the 'eye for an eye' punishments described. Anyone who knows anything about Jefferson should be immediately skeptical of what you posted as being Jeffersonian in the least.

Read the following. Source: http://www.monticello.org/site/research-and-collections/bill-64

But then how does the punishment of maiming and disfigurement suggested for the crimes of rape, polygamy, and sodomy become a part of a bill whose aim is more humane and equitable justice? Though the ninety page report presented to the General Assembly was produced by committee, Jefferson appears to have been the chief architect of Bill 64, as the outline for the bill is entirely in his hand. In his autobiography, he gives considerable attention to the Revisions of Laws and mentions the Crimes and Punishments bill specifically:

"On the subject of the Criminal Law, all were agreed that the punishment of death should be abolished, except for treason and murder; and that, for other felonies should be substituted hard labor in the public works, and in some cases, the Lex talionis. How this last revolting principle came to obtain our approbation, I do not remember...It was the English law in the time of the Anglo-Saxons, copied probably from the Hebrew law of 'an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth,' and it was the law of several ancient people. But the modern mind had left it far in the rear of it's advances."[4]

The inclusion of the lex talionis, or retaliation in kind, bothered Jefferson even as he worked on the bill. By letter he consulted with fellow committee member George Wythe and wrote, "I have strictly observed the scale of punishments settled by the Committee, without being entirely satisfied with it. The lex talionis, altho' a restitution of the Common law,...will be revolting to the humanised feelings of modern times. An eye for an eye, and a hand for a hand will exhibit spectacles in execution whose moral effect would be questionable...This needs reconsideration."[5] Despite Jefferson's reservations, the ninety page Revisal Report was submitted with the punishments for rape, polygamy, and sodomy unchanged.

GreenCardSeeker
11-17-2010, 01:29 PM
That's bullshit. I know plenty of libertarian minded gay men who support fiscal conservatism, personal responsibility and limited government. The only thing holding them back from supporting the GOP financially or with votes is the stupid, bigoted "social conservative" aspect of the party.

I've never seen a single homosexual activist who hasn't been in favour of hate laws and special subsidies towards their own activities. The gay lobby over here in Sweden is heavily funded by the government, and they always scream for blood when Christians try to address the topic of homosexuality. They've been hard at work getting Christians imprisoned over it.

I'm entirely convinced this "gay conservative" thing is simply the establishment attempting to derail the conservative movement, having it attempt to erode its principles in attempting to please a non-existent group. Conservatives won't gain anything from reaching out to them.

I've noticed that it comes with the homosexual lifestyle to use narcotics as well, something that's irresponsible.

The homosexuals belong squarely on the left.

Agorism
11-17-2010, 01:33 PM
I like GOP Proud because it makes the social cons uncomfortable.

Xenophage
11-17-2010, 01:37 PM
I've never seen a single homosexual activist who hasn't been in favour of hate laws and special subsidies towards their own activities. The gay lobby over here in Sweden is heavily funded by the government, and they always scream for blood when Christians try to address the topic of homosexuality. They've been hard at work getting Christians imprisoned over it.

I'm entirely convinced this "gay conservative" thing is simply the establishment attempting to derail the conservative movement, having it attempt to erode its principles in attempting to please a non-existent group. Conservatives won't gain anything from reaching out to them.

I've noticed that it comes with the homosexual lifestyle to use narcotics as well, something that's irresponsible.

You're a collectivist. You belong squarely on the left. In fact, you ARE on the left. This notion of associating someone's political philosophy with their sexual preference is absurdly irrational. Most homosexuals are liberals, but it isn't always the case and doesn't need to be. Most homosexuals are liberals because most *people* are not clear thinkers, and homosexuals are purposefully alienated by conservatives like you.

Ultimately, though, America doesn't need conservatives if conservatism is going to mean "irrational, collectivist, and mystical." Your bullshit sickens me.

RM918
11-17-2010, 01:47 PM

Well, look at the collectivism going here.

#1: Homosexual conservatives are all liberal spies.

#2: Homosexuals are all liberal and are only capable of thinking like one.

#3: Most homosexuals take narcotics (This one came out of nowhere).

Have you even bothered talking to a conservative homosexual?

Brooklyn Red Leg
11-17-2010, 02:28 PM
Forgot how much of a fucking douchebag Ryan Sorba is. That's one asshole that needs to be ostracized in my opinion.

Bern
11-17-2010, 02:47 PM
I've never seen ...

I guess you have a limited (Swedish) perspective.

Beanie_N
11-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Well if they drive away some of the "Traditional" Conservative groups, the less people there are voting for Romney and Huckabee and the more impact we'll have voting for Paul!

malkusm
11-17-2010, 03:34 PM
Forgot how much of a fucking douchebag Ryan Sorba is. That's one asshole that needs to be ostracized in my opinion.

That video never gets less painful to watch, does it? :o

Theocrat
11-17-2010, 04:47 PM

GreenCardSeeker, don't worry about the people in this thread who call you a collectivist. They don't even know how to use that term. Also, they don't see what you're seeing over there in Sweden, so for them to attack you without coming to terms with your observations is a lack of knowledge and obstinance on their part. Some people just don't understand how rabid the LGBT coalitions are.

speciallyblend
11-17-2010, 05:09 PM
If conservative groups would worry more about big gov and not what folks do in their own home maybe we wouldn't be where we are today! I am more threatened by right-wingers and neo-cons and biggovgop'ers then anyone consenting to be with an adult male or female!! I relate domestic terrorism to gop establishment on the american people!!

Xenophage
11-17-2010, 10:42 PM
Semen and butt sex never threatened my life or happiness. Taxes and unconstitutional wars do that.

Imperial
11-18-2010, 01:01 AM
I've never seen a single homosexual activist who hasn't been in favour of hate laws and special subsidies towards their own activities.

Try telling that to Starchild (http://ebar.com/news/article.php?sec=news&article=4576), a prominent homosexual.

Born Chris Fox, he legally changed his name to Starchild in 1998. The 38-year-old escort and erotic dancer also lost bids for school board and state Assembly. A Libertarian, Starchild espouses a less-is-more approach to government. His campaign slogan is "Let's try freedom."

Being in debate for many years, there are a larger proportion of homosexuals in that organization than in the general population. A great number of those were libertarians, including my old debate partner who worked for Congressman Paul.

The gay lobby over here in Sweden is heavily funded by the government, and they always scream for blood when Christians try to address the topic of homosexuality.

Every group always wants its special favors, that is always the problem for libertarians. That is why you have faith-based initiatives here in the United States, if you want to take a reverse example. So the problem here is not the gay people, but the gay lobby. A similar example: being a Jew does not automatically mean you are represented by AIPAC. They may claim to speak for you and get much of their money from the Jewish community, but clearly there will be dissidents within their prime constituency when it lobbies for striking Iran or similar activity.

As a college student, I have noticed many of my friends also use narcotics. It is clearly immoral, and as such the entire higher educational lifestyle should be called into question.

Dreamofunity
11-18-2010, 07:40 AM
My YAL group has to decide whether to go to CPAC or SFL. This type of story really makes me want to vote for SFL. I don't want to be surrounded by these people, and I'm not refering to the 'gays.'

Screw bigots, even if they 'aren't going.'

MRoCkEd
11-18-2010, 07:45 AM
My YAL group has to decide whether to go to CPAC or SFL. This type of story really makes me want to vote for SFL. I don't want to be surrounded by these people, and I'm not refering to the 'gays.'

Screw bigots, even if they 'aren't going.'
I hope you will reconsider. ISFLC is just preaching to the choir. CPAC allows for outreach to the various groups in the "conservative" ideology. Further, the event and the Republican party as a whole are really defined by who shows up. Finally, you don't want to miss voting for Ron Paul in the straw poll!

TheTyke
11-18-2010, 07:57 AM
I hope you will reconsider. ISFLC is just preaching to the choir. CPAC allows for outreach to the various groups in the "conservative" ideology. Further, the event and the Republican party as a whole are really defined by who shows up. Finally, you don't want to miss voting for Ron Paul in the straw poll!

Seriously!!! Winning this poll for Ron is like the most important thing we can do for RP2012 right now! We need to bring the full force of the Revolution to bear!

speciallyblend
11-18-2010, 11:06 AM

100% agree i hope folks that can go to this will!! Reforming the gop is like cleaning a septic tank!! You have to go inside to clean it!!

un.privileged
11-18-2010, 11:11 AM
The founders weren't exactly "tolerant" of homosexuality, BUT that's a different discussion. :p

YouTube - Alexander McCobin at CPAC 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCDS8Xc8nmo)
YouTube - Ryan Sorba Condemns CPAC For Inviting GOProud And Declares YAL's Jeff Frazee His Enemy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuBlFflPOIg)

They were also slave owners.

lester1/2jr
11-18-2010, 11:49 AM
The American Principles Project president Frank Cannon

how long till this guy is caught with a "rent boy" at the airport lol