PDA

View Full Version : Is the recent Ireland bailout reports just to prop up the dollar?

devil21
11-16-2010, 03:46 PM
I keep seeing these articles about Ireland basically having an IMF and European bailout forced on them. Ireland doesn't have any bond auctions scheduled until next spring and claims they have the money to keep things going and don't need a bailout. However, report after report from the IMF and others say they are going to bail out Ireland immediately. Something doesn't jive here. But what?

So my question is whether this Irish "crisis" is being contrived to prop up the dollar after it's hard fall lately? USD has taken off since the start of this bailout rumor and PMs have gotten beaten down at the same time. Win-win for the banks.

hugolp
11-16-2010, 08:22 PM
I think the rest of the EU is trying to get Ireland to get the help and the conditions that come with it, mainly asking Ireland to raise its corporate tax. Ireland has a corporate tax of 12.5% while in the rest of the countries is around 20%. So companies go to Ireland to pay less taxes and the other governments are not happy so they are trying to force Ireland to change it.

DFF
11-16-2010, 08:26 PM
Who knows. I do like the fact the Irish government is resisting loans from the Jewish deb hawk infested IMF though.