PDA

View Full Version : Gallup: Ron Paul in 5th place with 6% for 2012 GOP Race

Epic
11-16-2010, 02:26 PM
http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/wcdlolwoseeqjr0o06ibag.gif

RP got 7% two months ago in the gallup poll, now he's at 6%

I like the way the race is shaping up. A lot of mainstream republicans splitting the vote, and then Ron Paul. The grassroots, straw poll victories (CPAC, Iowa), re-registering independent and democrat converts, and the Internet flood should swing things our way.

Lucille
11-16-2010, 02:32 PM
That and the debates. It all hinges on how well he does in the debates.

ItsTime
11-16-2010, 02:33 PM
Newt and Huck wont run will they?

Epic
11-16-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm hoping everyone runs, cause RP will likely be the only one to stand out in terms of policy.

RonPaulFanInGA
11-16-2010, 02:36 PM

If they didn't, do their supporters seem like the types that would have Paul as their second choice?

Huckabee's voters would probably all fall behind Palin if Huckabee doesn't run.

JoshLowry
11-16-2010, 02:48 PM
I like the way the race is shaping up. A lot of mainstream republicans splitting the vote, and then Ron Paul. The grassroots, straw poll victories (CPAC, Iowa), re-registering independent and democrat converts, and the Internet flood should swing things our way.

As well as leading the fund raising race right out the gate.

erowe1
11-16-2010, 02:51 PM
If they didn't, do their supporters seem like the types that would have Paul as their second choice?

I think a lot of Huckabee's supporters could go our way.

Although, you're right, RP would take a backseat to Palin for most of them.

ItsTime
11-16-2010, 02:54 PM

That can be said about all running besides Johnson. So are you saying it is hopeless? I dont see it that way.

TonySutton
11-16-2010, 02:58 PM
I am hoping Palin will suffer once the debates start.

JamesButabi
11-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Will anyone be able to outraise the Revolution this go around? Id argue we might give him an instant lead in that category as well

erowe1
11-16-2010, 03:18 PM
I am hoping Palin will suffer once the debates start.

I think she'll suffer in a lot of ways.

When she has to start taking specific positions on the issues in her own campaign, and not just piggy back on someone else's platform as a VP candidate, and actually defend those positions without looking like a phony, a moderate, a flip-flopper, or an imbecil, I don't think she'll be able to hack it. She's never really had to do that yet. People like her as a symbol of conservatism, more than as an actual conservative.

trey4sports
11-16-2010, 03:19 PM
I hope we raise enough money to be competitive

LisaNY
11-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Haha, Ron beat 6 candidates that Fox News is currently promoting in their "12 in 2012" special!

keh10
11-16-2010, 03:27 PM
Haha, Ron beat 6 candidates that Fox News is currently promoting in their "12 in 2012" special!

Nice!

Lucille
11-16-2010, 03:44 PM

I'm afraid to ask, but is RP one of the 12?

nate895
11-16-2010, 03:44 PM
I don't think Palin will run. I think most of the rest of the leading contenders will. I think a segment (1/4-1/3) of her supporters will fall behind Ron Paul, with the possibility for more should momentum pickup and Paul becomes the anointed "Tea Party" candidate. I think in the end it will come down to Huckabee vs. Paul for the nomination, with Huckabee having the edge at the present time. Paul could have the edge if he mounts an insurgency in the early states, particularly New Hampshire and South Carolina. Romney will not do well at all once Romneycare is exposed on a massive scale, and there is less opposition to split the vote.

kahless
11-16-2010, 04:00 PM
With Romney leading I believe the poll is rigged. It says Republicans and Republican leaning independents. As a whole the party is not that far to the Progressive left to put mandatory health care Romney up as their candidate. Democrats and Progressives love Romney and want to see Romney against Obama since it would not matter if Obama loses. Romney would continue with Obama's and their Progressives policies.

The poll is accurate if you change the wording to read "based on establishment Progressive Republicans, RINOS and Democrats".

VBRonPaulFan
11-16-2010, 04:01 PM
I can't for the life of my understand why ANYONE would consider Romney a viable republican candidate. That is completely absurd.

Imperial
11-16-2010, 04:06 PM
I'm afraid to ask, but is RP one of the 12?

They are covering him in a piece about "a bunch of other guys running."

6% nationally and PPP refuses to include him in their state polls of the GOP primary.

freshjiva
11-16-2010, 04:15 PM
The only thing I don't like is the margin of separation between Ron and Newt. 13% to 6% is statistically significant. I'd really like to see that gap reduced, otherwise we'll see the same old 'unwinnable' tag the MSM will impose upon Ron.

Lucille
11-16-2010, 04:32 PM
They are covering him in a piece about "a bunch of other guys running."

6% nationally and PPP refuses to include him in their state polls of the GOP primary.

::shakes head::

Batman
11-16-2010, 04:59 PM
I think your real front-runners are Romney, Huckabee, and Pawlenty. Palin has a lot of pull with conservatives, but I just don't see her polling well with the moderates and the RINOs. Even some of the Neocon base doesn't prefer her. I think her support will dwindle in the debates. Newt, I think, is almost a non-issue. I don't see him running. His time in the sun is over. If he does run he won't have the recognition that he did when he was Speaker. The best thing Newt can do is endorse someone. If he endorses Palin after the debates then the GOP may just nominate her anyways. Palin can't win in 2012 - or ever. She's just too polarizing for independents and moderates.

DjLoTi
11-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Right now Ron Paul is top of the bottom tier. I wouldn't expect him to go lower. I think we have a lot of work to do

RM918
11-16-2010, 07:23 PM
Rigged my ass. People really are this in the dark, you shouldn't be surprised. Romney is rich, good-looking and has a nice voice. That's about all they care about.

JVParkour
11-16-2010, 07:53 PM
All we need is an endorsement from Glenn Beck. Whichever Republican gets that, they win. Game Over.

libertybrewcity
11-16-2010, 08:12 PM
All we need is an endorsement from Glenn Beck. Whichever Republican gets that, they win. Game Over.

That would be nice, but I don't think he is likely to endorse anyone. If it is between say Romney and Paul, well that is a different story.

sailingaway
11-16-2010, 08:29 PM
http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/wcdlolwoseeqjr0o06ibag.gif

RP got 7% two months ago in the gallup poll, now he's at 6%

He is still way ahead of the losers a bunch of sites are running, and not even running his name on....

sailingaway
11-16-2010, 08:31 PM
I think your real front-runners are Romney, Huckabee, and Pawlenty. Palin has a lot of pull with conservatives, but I just don't see her polling well with the moderates and the RINOs. Even some of the Neocon base doesn't prefer her. I think her support will dwindle in the debates. Newt, I think, is almost a non-issue. I don't see him running. His time in the sun is over. If he does run he won't have the recognition that he did when he was Speaker. The best thing Newt can do is endorse someone. If he endorses Palin after the debates then the GOP may just nominate her anyways. Palin can't win in 2012 - or ever. She's just too polarizing for independents and moderates.

It is starting to sound like Newt is planning to endorse Romney from the way he is giving apologies for Romneycare.

AlexMerced
11-16-2010, 08:43 PM
I really don't think Palin is gonna run, and I'm hoping she'll endorse RP, I think it's in the realm of possibility, I doubt she'd endorse Romney, Huckabee, or Gingrich

She's not smart or as consistent as Ron Paul, but she's closer to RP than she is to the other front runners.

cindy25
11-16-2010, 09:21 PM
the base is pro-war, pro-Israel

how do you get past that?

John of Des Moines
11-16-2010, 09:52 PM

Here's a story about Newt (http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20101116/NEWS/101116026/1001/) positioning himself to run.

JoshLowry
11-16-2010, 09:53 PM
the base is pro-war, pro-Israel

how do you get past that?

Remind them that they are pro-fiscal sanity.

Brett
11-16-2010, 10:03 PM
What do we do when Huckabee drops out and his 16% go to Palin? The establishment isn't stupid enough to split their vote permanently, they've been playing this game for years.

cindy25
11-17-2010, 12:08 AM
Remind them that they are pro-fiscal sanity.

these are the same people that would give Dubya and Chaney a standing ovation.

Fr3shjive
11-17-2010, 02:04 AM
these are the same people that would give Dubya and Chaney a standing ovation.

Its weird I belong to another forum and there are staunch neo-cons there who will support Rand & Ron Paul but they also defend Bush and Cheney to the bitter end.

I really think they are sheep and they'll go in what ever direction is popular at the time.

rich34
11-17-2010, 06:48 AM
Guys we're gonna have a great shot at this. Last time around this time Ron had ZERO kind of organization and no money in place. I think it's safe to say that this time around he'll be able to hit the ground running (literally) with both cash and a grassroots organization that he doesn't have to wait until the Iowa straw poll/and later to develop.

Ron is also WAY more known these days in republican circles as well as mainstream circles not to mention every time Rand gets publicity Ron gets publicity as well. And every time Rand gives an interview and comes off like the smartest politician they've ever talked to that imo helps Ron as well. Like father like son? And of course these poll numbers are still looking good because we didn't hit 6% nationally at all last time! Yeah we creeped above 5 and 10% in some selective states, but not nationally. The fact that we're already here with all the name recognition this time and his son being the hottest republican candidate in the country right now I really like our chances. I know "they'll never let it happen," but don't tell me that!

CUnknown
11-17-2010, 10:35 AM
Realistically, the nominee will probably be Palin, Newt, or Romney.

That being said, these numbers are amazing for Ron Paul. He's right in there. Last time, he'd barely register in a poll like this... and guys... that was just 3 years ago... It's amazing what we've done in such a short time.

Ron Paul has a real chance at this. He's not a long-shot anymore. He's unlikely to win, sure, but it's not "quixotic" anymore, it's real. He has real support, not just among internet spammers. ;)

Austrian Econ Disciple
11-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Realistically, the nominee will probably be Palin, Newt, or Romney.

That being said, these numbers are amazing for Ron Paul. He's right in there. Last time, he'd barely register in a poll like this... and guys... that was just 3 years ago... It's amazing what we've done in such a short time.

Ron Paul has a real chance at this. He's not a long-shot anymore. He's unlikely to win, sure, but it's not "quixotic" anymore, it's real. He has real support, not just among internet spammers. ;)

Non-sense. Don't you know I'm single, fat, play WoW, and live in my parent's basement. There are five of us total who support Ron Paul. Stop trying to manipulate the MSM narrative with your lies! Hsssss.

hazek
11-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Unfortunately RP has no chance because of:

a) not enough people understand his message

b) there's plenty of candidates that will sound similar but are bought and payed for

I bet there's a lot of people out there who if they'd hear about RP briefly would say "yeah he sounds good and I agree with him on a few points but on some other points I completely disagree" and they'll find a candidate that will have their campaign message catered to be more in line with their own beliefs and vote for them instead.

People just don't see how significantly different RP is from all the rest in his honesty and principle and always obeying the rule of law. That alone should be a major reason why he should get elected and I'm afraid to few understand that.

p.s.: I get supper pissed when it's implied that the Tea party supports someone like Palin or god knows who else. Who makes these decisions?? Isn't this forum where it all began for the "Tea party"?! And if so I'm pretty sure no one around here would ever support her. So .. frustrating ..

hazek
11-17-2010, 12:06 PM
I mean look at this bullshit:

Leadership and groups

The success of candidates popular within the Tea Party movement has boosted Sarah Palin's visibility.[69] Rasmussen and Schoen (2010) conclude that "She is the symbolic leader of the movement, and more than anyone else has helped to shape it."[70]

UtahApocalypse
11-17-2010, 12:23 PM
That and the debates. It all hinges on how well he does in the debates.

It all hinges not on the debates, but on how the media covers them.

Mitt Romney: I personally feel he is our most viable threat. He had a lot of support in 08' and already has been a media darling.

Sarah Palin: While she is the media queen, and would grab a 'women's vote' block she lacks commitment and follow through. She resigned mid-term, and recently in her "reality" show has made comments of not wanting to be anywhere other then Alaska.

Mike Huckabee: Would say he is the wildcard. He has a broad base of support from the evangelicals, and uber-Christians. I think his overall support though would be too narrow and not broad enough and be to divisive.

Newt Gingrich: He will be the "McCain" of 2012. He is someone that is not talked about very much in the past few years, and fallen off the radar. The media will be the driving force in his sudden come back. Just like the media was shown to directly relate to McCain's sudden surge you can expect that with Newt.

ronaldo23
11-17-2010, 12:48 PM
It all hinges not on the debates, but on how the media covers them.

Mitt Romney: I personally feel he is our most viable threat. He had a lot of support in 08' and already has been a media darling.

Sarah Palin: While she is the media queen, and would grab a 'women's vote' block she lacks commitment and follow through. She resigned mid-term, and recently in her "reality" show has made comments of not wanting to be anywhere other then Alaska.

Mike Huckabee: Would say he is the wildcard. He has a broad base of support from the evangelicals, and uber-Christians. I think his overall support though would be too narrow and not broad enough and be to divisive.

Newt Gingrich: He will be the "McCain" of 2012. He is someone that is not talked about very much in the past few years, and fallen off the radar. The media will be the driving force in his sudden come back. Just like the media was shown to directly relate to McCain's sudden surge you can expect that with Newt.

Don't think so. Running away from "RomneyCare" will be an extremely, extremely hard thing for him to do, as it is far too similar to ObamaCare. He might have the lead now until mid 2011, but once the debates start, every republican will exploit his horrific health-care bill and his support will start to plummet. I anticipate Romney spending 100 million + of his own money, but I don't think he'll be the frontrunner, probably 2nd or 3rd place.

smithtg
11-17-2010, 12:56 PM
RP needs to announce first and start making speeches. As soon as Palin announces (and she will look at the MSM coverage today), there will be no media time for RP.

His early message needs to be strong and focused on the center, populist points to have a chance; its still a long shot though given the Hannity, Becks and Rushbo lovers out there

nate895

I think he is our most critical threat. His support is actually the broadest; he polled 52-44 against Obama just a couple of weeks ago, the best of any Republican. While he might be the darling of a certain segment of the Christian Right, he is also a likeable guy. He has that rural Southern down-to-earth-type feel about him. He has the potential to be a Republican version of Bill Clinton.

reduen
Anyone who ran against Ron Paul the last go round will be laughed off of the debate stage!!!

There is enough footage of the 2008 presidential debates where they all laughed at him for saying that the economy is in trouble to remind everyone that they are all just a bunch of lying idiots.......

Peace&Freedom
11-17-2010, 01:00 PM
Watch out for a split-the-right approach to getting Romney the nomination. Palin may or may not be a frontrunner, but she will definitely be running, in order for her and Huckabee to at least split the conservative vote in the early primaries (especially in SC). Last time, Thompson served this purpose, and kept enough votes away from Huckabee to permit McCain to win SC, after which he was decreed the prospective GOP nominee. The MSM crowned him such even though it was only his second primary win! Palin and Huckabee appear set to act as the vote-splitters this time, to give safe passage to the latest Rockefeller Republican, Romney. The only spoiler who can get past Romney, is Paul, if he collects enough votes from all segments of the GOP primary vote early on.

Eric21ND
11-17-2010, 01:02 PM
I hope we raise enough money to be competitive
Dude we raised $30 million on short notice, zero name recognition, and a hostile media.

This time around anything less than $50 million for the primary I'd consider a failure. Our goal should be to raise $100 million.

The day Ron announces we could eclipse $5 million rather easily.

nate895
11-17-2010, 01:14 PM
Watch out for a split-the-right approach to getting Romney the nomination. Palin may or may not be a frontrunner, but she will definitely be running, in order for her and Huckabee to at least split the conservative vote in the early primaries (especially in SC). Last time, Thompson served this purpose, and kept enough votes away from Huckabee to permit McCain to win SC, after which he was decreed the prospective GOP nominee. The MSM crowned him such even though it was only his second primary win! Palin and Huckabee appear set to act as the vote-splitters this time, to give safe passage to the latest Rockefeller Republican, Romney. The only spoiler who can get past Romney, is Paul, if he collects enough votes from all segments of the GOP primary vote early on.

I still doubt that Palin will run. She has so much baggage that it she could not play spoiler for long. Eventually her supporters would abandon her, hopefully for Paul.

Eric21ND
11-17-2010, 01:14 PM
I think the republican primary will come down to credibility. The public is fed up and want someone they can trust to really enact some change in Washington by shrinking the size of govt. The front runners all have credibility issues in the eyes of the average voter/tea party person in that regard......except Ron Paul. That is his trump card.

Right now the person to beat is Huckabee. It could truly come down to a Huckabee vs. Paul showdown with Sarah Palin playing king maker.

nate895
11-17-2010, 01:20 PM
I think the republican primary will come down to credibility. The public is fed up and want someone they can trust to really enact some change in Washington. The front runners all have credibility issues in the eyes of the average voter/tea party person......except Ron Paul. That is his trump card.

Right now the person to beat is Huckabee. It could truly come down to a Huckabee vs. Paul showdown with Sarah Palin playing king maker.

I also think it will come down to Huckabee vs. Paul. It will probably come down to who wins Texas, and bring home that huge number of delegates. However, we can force Huckabee out of the running by crushing him in Iowa. We can also take away Romney momentum by a win in NH. I don't think the goal should be a crushing New Hampshire victory, because I would want Romney to stay in for as long as possible as the liberal candidate. It would then come down to SC, NV, and Super Tuesday, which will favor the conservative candidates, hopefully Paul could be the conservative with enough resources to establish a lead in the Super Tuesday states, where hopefully it could be him vs. Romney.

JVParkour
11-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Ugg... Romney = terrible. Newt = terrible. Palin & Huck = URG.

The Dude
11-17-2010, 08:57 PM
The more neocons that run, the better. It will weaken them all in the long run.

I just hope Johnson stays out, I honestly don't see any benefit to him joining in the debates at all. He won't get much if any support with Ron is running, and the entire liberty movement needs to be focused on one candidate.

Imperial
11-17-2010, 09:17 PM
I really don't think Palin is gonna run, and I'm hoping she'll endorse RP, I think it's in the realm of possibility, I doubt she'd endorse Romney, Huckabee, or Gingrich

She's not smart or as consistent as Ron Paul, but she's closer to RP than she is to the other front runners.

I think Rand Paul was the token libertarian she will endorse, so that she can come to us in 2012 and be like, "see, I am with you guys!"

Her foreign policy is definitely closer to all of the others, save maybe Mitch Daniels and Gary Johnson, than Ron Paul.

limequat
11-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Ever notice how any credible threat to the establishment is always branded "rascist"? That's how they got rid of Perot. They used it on Ron. And they tried it with Rand too.

Well, I don't have proof -per se- but I've heard that Romney, Huckabee, and Palin are all child molesters. It'd be a shame if some incriminating photos were accidentally left on one of their hard drives.

oyarde
11-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Ever notice how any credible threat to the establishment is always branded "rascist"? That's how they got rid of Perot. They used it on Ron. And they tried it with Rand too.

Well, I don't have proof -per se- but I've heard that Romney, Huckabee, and Palin are all child molesters. It'd be a shame if some incriminating photos were accidentally left on one of their hard drives.

Man , they use that on everyone anymore it appears .

Peace&Freedom
11-17-2010, 09:31 PM
From the establishment's point of view, they are prioritizing neutralizing any candidate appealing to the evangelical right (like Huck or Palin) over stopping Paul, whom they mistakenly think cannot win. If Palin doesn't run, the leadership will activate another "Thompson" sacrificial lamb to split conservatives, so that the country club approved Republican can emerge as the anointed one. Once so christened, the MSM will gang up on all the competitors once again including Paul, and ask "so when are you going to drop out and endorse Romney?"

Brett
11-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Don't think so. Running away from "RomneyCare" will be an extremely, extremely hard thing for him to do, as it is far too similar to ObamaCare. He might have the lead now until mid 2011, but once the debates start, every republican will exploit his horrific health-care bill and his support will start to plummet. I anticipate Romney spending 100 million + of his own money, but I don't think he'll be the frontrunner, probably 2nd or 3rd place.

Not in the minds of the voters. Romneycare was a failed idea, Obamacare was socialism. Huge difference, right? ;)