PDA

View Full Version : Radio ad concern

bitchinskidmarks
10-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Anyone else agree the radio ad is off target & too conventional? Seems it will get blocked out as the usual politician radio ad to me. 10 seconds and I'm talking over it or blocking it out. I think Ron should speak for himself in these ads. Maybe sound bytes from the YouTube videos that are so popular. Why not stick with what works? Don't fall into conformity now.

DrNoZone
10-20-2007, 12:26 PM
Anyone else agree the radio ad is off target & too conventional? Seems it will get blocked out as the usual politician radio ad to me. 10 seconds and I'm talking over it or blocking it out. I think Ron should speak for himself in these ads. Maybe sound bytes from the YouTube videos that are so popular. Why not stick with what works? Don't fall into conformity now.

I think you have a point, but I think it works for exactly the reason you're worried it won't. Remember, the VAST majority of voters out there are much more conservative than your average RonPaulForums member.

Though, I would like to see some more unconventional stuff from the campaign as well.

davidkachel
10-20-2007, 12:27 PM
No. They are taking the right approach. The first ads have to introduce him so listeners feel "familiar" with him when the more hard core ads hit.

TechnoGuyRob
10-20-2007, 12:28 PM
These are the preliminary ads that let people know "oh there's someone called Ron Paul."

In the future, he'll air ads that'll start pushing people off their seats.

steph3n
actually check the main site, there is a great 60 second ad spot. it has been discussed in other threads

jrich4rpaul
The younger crowds won't like it.. but perhaps the professional approach will keep the older folks listening.

DeadheadForPaul
10-20-2007, 12:30 PM
A lot of people are being introduced to Dr. Paul for the first time. This shows that he is a common American. Those that do know Dr. Paul know him as the anti-war guy. This shows the wholesome American side of him

Ron Paul Fan
10-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Voted no. Agree with the posts above. It's a feeler ad. I did like the other ad about him being the only Republican in the race better, but this one is decent. It's conservative, it's republican, and it's pro American.

davidkachel
10-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Considering the unbelievably good job Kent Snyder has done so far, we should have some faith.

stevedasbach
10-20-2007, 12:32 PM
They'll know right away if the ads are working by whether or not they get bumps in website visits, requests for info, donations, etc. IMO, ads that don't work will get phased out. We don't need to worry about this.

rajibo
10-20-2007, 12:34 PM
A lot of people are being introduced to Dr. Paul for the first time. This shows that he is a common American. Those that do know Dr. Paul know him as the anti-war guy. This shows the wholesome American side of him

You make is sould like being anti-war is unwholesome.

quickmike
10-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Too much hard core info too fast might be a little much for people just hearing about Ron Paul.

The ads are fine.

Jordan
10-20-2007, 12:35 PM
I think is different enough from SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY BUY A NEW CAR! and the public will like it.

My parents after hearing he's an OBGYN were elated to vote for him. Apparently that was a total selling point.

davidkachel
10-20-2007, 12:36 PM
You make is sould like being anti-war is unwholesome.

You have to remember that a LOT of Americans have been completely hoodwinked. They think the war is justified, they think Iraq had something to do with 9/11, they buy the whole war on terror thing, they are totally indoctrinated. It will take time and patience. And yes, to a lot of people, being anti-war is un-American, not supportive of the troops, almost treasonous. The propaganda machine has done its job well.

quickmike
10-20-2007, 12:42 PM
You have to remember that a LOT of Americans have been completely hoodwinked. They think the war is justified, they think Iraq had something to do with 9/11, they buy the whole war on terror thing, they are totally indoctrinated. It will take time and patience. And yes, to a lot of people, being anti-war is un-American, not supportive of the troops, almost treasonous. The propaganda machine has done its job well.

True, and telling these propagandized people "screw you, youre wrong!" isnt going to help get RP elected. We need to convert these people with reasoning, if we plan to do it at all. Fighting someone always ends with them pushing back even harder.