PDA

View Full Version : Portuguese Foreign Minister Says Country May Need To Leave Euro

bobbyw24
11-16-2010, 06:32 AM
Portuguese foreign minister Luis Amado has suggested his country might need to leave the eurozone if it cannot come to agreement on an austerity budget, according to Expresso (via WSJ.com).

According to the Wall Street Journal's translation, Amado says that Portugal may face, "a scenario of exit from the eurozone."

This comment may not seem like much, but it is evidence that fringe eurozone members are considering whether they should be in the currency union at all. Portugal has been unable to build a government coalition capable of passing the sort of cuts ECB officials are calling for, putting their membership at risk.

http://www.businessinsider.com/portuguese-foreign-minister-says-country-may-need-to-leave-euro-2010-11

libertythor
11-16-2010, 07:28 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if this planned collapse actually ended up with nations reclaiming their sovereignty instead of begging for a NWO?

Bern
11-16-2010, 07:59 AM
Ireland is also in severe trouble right now. Greece never got out of the fire either. I don't think the Fed/ECB is going to be able to keep it together.

NewFederalist
11-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Ah, the return of the escudo!

hazek
11-16-2010, 11:16 AM
It's not just Greece or Spain or Ireland or Portugal. These might be in immediate danger but the other countries struggle just as much.

My 2mil people small country Slovenia just went through 2 weeks long strike of the whole public sector where the police had the most demands and was on strike the longest. A major constructions company went bankrupt causing a lot of tensions and people to lose their jobs while other major companies also struggle. The housing market is very shaky, stocks of our companies aren't anywhere near their peak before 2008. And on top of it all our government is trying to pass a budget with a record deficit and wants to go deeper into debt all the while making ridiculous promises.

So it's just a matter of time until we become Greece or Ireland or Portugal and I'm pretty sure it's the same for the rest of the countries in the union..

Pericles
11-16-2010, 01:06 PM
The EU can't last. Despite the "austerity" measures, I think Europe will collapse before the US does.

jclay2
11-16-2010, 01:10 PM
The EU can't last. Despite the "austerity" measures, I think Europe will collapse before the US does.

If they do we will be nosediving right behind them.

Toureg89
11-16-2010, 01:18 PM
It's not just Greece or Spain or Ireland or Portugal. These might be in immediate danger but the other countries struggle just as much.

My 2mil people small country Slovenia just went through 2 weeks long strike of the whole public sector where the police had the most demands and was on strike the longest. A major constructions company went bankrupt causing a lot of tensions and people to lose their jobs while other major companies also struggle. The housing market is very shaky, stocks of our companies aren't anywhere near their peak before 2008. And on top of it all our government is trying to pass a budget with a record deficit and wants to go deeper into debt all the while making ridiculous promises.

So it's just a matter of time until we become Greece or Ireland or Portugal and I'm pretty sure it's the same for the rest of the countries in the union..
wow. so American/EU policies are really helping to bring down the rest of the world with us.

i'm truly sorry for that.:(

Heimdallr
11-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if this planned collapse actually ended up with nations reclaiming their sovereignty instead of begging for a NWO?

I would probably break down in tears of joy if that happened. If only ... :rolleyes: