PDA

View Full Version : Stop the TSA

isrow
11-15-2010, 09:30 PM
So here's an idea that just came to me after hearing about the man that refused to be searched and posted a video of it online. The man was refunded his ticket by the airlines though I suppose they did it out of good customer service. What if a large group of people bought the tickets for a flight or a large number of tickets for a flight and then refused to be searched? If the customers demanded refunds I wonder how long the airlines could afford to deal with this. I suppose they might stop giving refunds but it puts them in a very tough spot.

QueenB4Liberty
11-15-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm just going to hope it's stopped by Christmas, because that's when I'll fly through an airport that has them.

But seriously, I mean how far are they going to go with this if it isn't stopped soon? People honestly think it's okay for people to SEXUALLY ASSAULT others if they are part of the government now? Does that sound like deja vu? Like maybe stealing is okay as long as the government does it?

KCIndy
11-15-2010, 09:39 PM
I wonder how long the airlines could afford to deal with this.

Unfortunately, the airlines have NO CONTROL over what the TSA does. The TSA is a government agency. The airlines are not... yet.

The problem with boycotting the airlines is this: Once the airlines go broke, the government will declare them "too big to fail" and take them over just like General Motors and so much else.

awake
11-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Unfortunately, the airlines have NO CONTROL over what the TSA does. The TSA is a government agency. The airlines are not... yet.

The problem with boycotting the airlines is this: Once the airlines go broke, the government will declare them "too big to fail" and take them over just like General Motors and so much else.

But the Airlines have lobbyists, which can be turned loose back on the racket... As well, I think it wise to put on display the true level of socialization that the American government is willing to support.

KCIndy
11-15-2010, 09:45 PM
But the Airlines have lobbyists, which can be turned loose back on the racket...

True, and I'm certainly not saying it's wrong to boycott air travel - I'm boycotting it myself! But I'm afraid that the lobbyists will simply lobby for taxpayer cash to make up the loss in profit, rather than lobby to restore personal freedom. :( I just have a bad feeling that there aren't going to be any good answers, short of getting enough legislators elected to abolish the TSA from within.

awake
11-15-2010, 09:46 PM
I think nationalization of the airlines due to the TSA would be devastating... people could see for their very eyes the actions and consequences.

aravoth
11-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Just deal with the TSA they same way you would deal with any insane psychopath hell bent on feeling up your 3 year old son's balls.

Beat the holy living shit out of him in front of every one. Bring a large group of people with you so you can detain the entire lot of them.

Of course there will be massive ramifications for this.

When you go to court, tell the judge you have a right to defend you child or yourself, against sexual assault.

It'd be cool if you could just show them the 4th amendment, and have them back down. But not a single one of the shitheaded crapsacks gives a shit about your natural rights.

Don't you know?

Once you allow someone to "take" a natural right away from you, the only way to retrieve it is by force.