PDA

View Full Version : So The Attacks on RP begin

DeadheadForPaul
10-20-2007, 11:34 AM
As our movement gains momentum, we'll encounter an increasing number of hostile journalists who want to discredit Dr. Paul and his supporters - often by pointing to the more fringe supporters

This is on Michelle Malkin's site (Hot Air). Let me say that we SHOULD NOT flood her site with comments. Only a handful of neo-cons visit it and if we start a huge war with her, it'll only hurt us because it will attract attention to her article so PLEASE do not flood it with comments

Im not posting the link because I dont want to give the article any hits either - if she sees a lot of hits, she'll keep posting similar material on Ron Paul to get even more hits

Just ignore her. But however, we MUSt expect the mainstream media to pick up on this in the coming weeks/months
==================================
Ron Paul supporters getting creepier by the minute

Does anyone know if America’s Greatest Patriot has formally distanced himself yet from any of the myriad kooks and cretins that have attached themselves to his hull? In this week alone we’ve been treated to a report that he’s the candidate of choice for Michigan militia types, an ad cooked up by supporters to reassure voters that the foul hand of Israel holds no sway over him (refering to Hamadeh's ad - which makes me think that Malkin and other journalists are lurking on our forums!!), and now this grassroots promo for a Paul event on November 5 — Guy Fawkes Day, in memory of the man who tried to blow up Parliament — with imagery borrowed from “V for Vendetta,” a violent quasi-anarchist revenge fantasy which creeped Ace out sufficiently to write two separate critiques of how dangerously incendiary it was.

The media’s starting to chatter about the peculiarities of some of the Bircheresque Crank’s more crankish, bircheresque supporters, but they’re always quick to qualify it by noting that Paul hasn’t sought their endorsement — which isn’t true, incidentally, in the case of Truthers, whom he’s deliberately wooed by appearing on Alex Jones’s radio show. But let’s grant that it’s true in the case of the three examples given above. Question: Why isn’t Paul being pressed by the media to denounce garbage like this the way Rudy Giuliani, say, surely would if he was the one acting as a troll magnet? If, for whatever reason, Giuliani had a strong following among Holocaust deniers, you’d better believe the press would be curious to know (a) why that is and (b) what Rudy planned to do to communicate to them that they should kindly bugger off. Have either of those screws been put to the Paulnut yet vis-a-vis Truthers, I wonder? The harshest thing I’ve heard him say about them is that he doesn’t believe in the conspiracy, but as far as taking their money and their requests for signed, lipstick-kiss photos, he seems more than happy to help them out.

A random Giuliani fundraiser solicits $9.11 donations, which are then duly denounced and refunded by the campaign, and it’s national news. How about the Guy Fawkes Day fundraiser, Ron? We cool with that too? Just one anti-authoritarian patriot using a day dedicated to another to make a little bank?

DrNoZone
10-20-2007, 11:36 AM
and now this grassroots promo for a Paul event on November 5 — Guy Fawkes Day, in memory of the man who tried to blow up Parliament — with imagery borrowed from “V for Vendetta,” a violent quasi-anarchist revenge fantasy which creeped Ace out sufficiently to write two separate critiques of how dangerously incendiary it was.

Ok, I hate to say this, but don't say that many of us here didn't say that the Nov. 5th idea was a BAD idea. This is only the beginning of the attacks on RP over this particular fundraising push.

tfelice
10-20-2007, 11:37 AM
I knew that whole V for Vendetta thing wouldn't be covered positively. You folks need to drop that idea.

terlinguatx
10-20-2007, 11:38 AM

tfelice
Veterans day would make a much stronger and more positive statement. You cannot put a negative spin on a flood of donations on Veterans Day

DrNoZone
Veterans day would make a much stronger and more positive statement. You cannot put a negative spin on a flood of donations on Veterans Day

Exactly!

NewEnd
Nuking Iran is crazy
Startign a war with Iran is crazier

but you dont see the media asking any of the leaders why they associate with people who advocate turning th emiddle east into a sea of glass (which is genocide)

You think we are going to get a fair shake?

Two Words:

Anne Coulter

terlinguatx
10-20-2007, 11:40 AM

katao
10-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Don't drop the fundraising day - just the tie in to the movie! Veterans day would be even better.

DeadheadForPaul
10-20-2007, 11:43 AM
I knew that whole V for Vendetta thing wouldn't be covered positively. You folks need to drop that idea.

Honestly, how many of us said this. The mainstream media will make us look like kooks wearing masks

Talk about destroying our campaign from the inside
Sometimes our worst enemy is our own supporters

I agree with Veterans Day - that way, we can also talk about the military support for Ron Paul! not to mention RP's support for the military men and women!

Van Damme
10-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Honestly, how many of us said this. The mainstream media will make us look like kooks wearing masks

Indeed.

Drknows
10-20-2007, 11:44 AM
I thought it was a bad idea at first but decided to get behind it after it took off.

We wont get a fair shake either way. a veterans day fundraiser? HA they would use that against us too. Oh look at Ron Pauls Camp taking advantage of veterans.

Michelle Malkin is just jealous her boy fred sucks.

DJ RP

agreed

terlinguatx

davidkachel
10-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Get used to it guys. There is going to be a lot more anti-Paul stuff cropping up. Remember, the more they feel the need to discredit us, the closer we are to victory. And we have one HUGE ace up our sleeve: Ron Paul cannot be discredited!!! There are no skeletons, no backroom deals, no sellouts. Nothing. Let 'em do their worst!

Don't cringe or hide when they level a criticism. Stand in the street, grin at them and say "bring it on"!

frasu
10-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Veterans Day, nov. 11 would be, no doubt, a more logical and way more powerful statement. We don't need to become the skeleton in the closet.

V day is more of a romantic statement I will say, and I like it, but this vultures will profit too much out of it.

November 11 could be a stronger military donation day... It is worth thinking about changing it...

katao
10-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Get used to it guys. There is going to be a lot more anti-Paul stuff cropping up. Remember, the more they feel the need to discredit us, the closer we are to victory. And we have one HUGE ace up our sleeve: Ron Paul cannot be discredited!!! There are no skeletons, no backroom deals, no sellouts. Nothing. Let 'em do their worst!

Ron Paul can't. But misguided supporters sure can. And they reflect on Ron Paul.

davidkachel
10-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Ron Paul can't. But misguided supporters sure can. And they reflect on Ron Paul.

Every candidate has misguided supporters. Forget it. RP has the easiest answer and has already used it... something along the lines of 'though I don't fully agree with their position, I certainly appreciate their support'.

jgmaynard
10-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Hey, Veteran's Day is ANOTHER day we can go crazy with donations for Ron!

Donate to Ron for Guy Fawke's Day! Donate to Ron because it is Veteran's Day! Donate to Ron for the Money Bomb! Donate to Ron because.. The Sun came up!

I donated more today - Who else???

JM

steph3n
10-20-2007, 11:51 AM
setup a Nov 11 10,000 give $100 day too :D

damijin
10-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Neocon blogger does not make me think twice about my pledge for this november 5th.

No one who isn't pushing their own agenda really cares.

katao
10-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Neocon blogger does not make me think twice about my pledge for this november 5th.

Just wait until the mainstream press picks it up. They made a HUGE DEAL over Guiliani's $9.11 day fundraiser (also organized by grassroots supporters)!

At the very least, they need to remove the tie-in to the movie.

steph3n
10-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Just wait until the mainstream press picks it up. They made a HUGE DEAL over Guiliani's $9.11 day fundraiser (also organized by grassroots supporters)!

all press is good press?

tfelice
10-20-2007, 11:55 AM

Don't come here and complain then when the MSM uses this to their advantage and paints all Paul supporters as nut cases.

Drknows
10-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Don't come here and complain then when the MSM uses this to their advantage and paints all Paul supporters as nut cases.

Well i dont think that 9.11 fundraiser hurt Rudy looks like he moved up in the polls regardless.

Bossobass
10-20-2007, 12:00 PM
I cringe in pain every time some frustrated class president stands up and tells everyone how to speak, write, dress, think and act.

I say welcome to ALL Americans. Bring a donation and a vote. You'll be glad you did.

If Minka Malted (or whoever the f$$k she is) doesn't like it, she can get bent. She is irrelevant.

Bill O'reily, Sean Hannity, Bush Limbaugh and the rest of the tiny, tiny, mental case minority are gonna smear Ron and his support with everything their pea brains can muster...REGARDLESS of the endless heroic attempts at making all RP supporters into some sort of ideal, mainstream manequins.

The naysayers, wanks and pundits are irrelevant. Please stop trying to make them relevant by citing their drivel and linking to their sites and programs and forums.

Any idea that will raise as much money as I think the Nov 5 campaign is going to is COOL AS ICE and WELCOME. No dress code.

Bosso

aravoth
10-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Malkin....

What a stupid ass. Rudy's 9/11 fundraiser was sanctioned by the campaign. Ron probably doesn't even know about the Nov. 5th idea. And Ron's campaign sure as hell didn't come up with the idea.

Malkin is a putred human being. Everything she says is complete shit. And yet she continues, spewing this kind of garbage, with every breath she steals our air. Don't give her website any hits, none. Your IQ will bottom out if you read anything this demonic harpey writes.

McDermit
10-20-2007, 12:04 PM
I agree with Veterans Day - that way, we can also talk about the military support for Ron Paul! not to mention RP's support for the military men and women!

yep yep. I could definitely find a few more family members to max out if there were a veteran's day push. ;)

plus it would coincide VERY nicely with the Philly Rally.

The Nov 5th idea sucked from the start.

terlinguatx
10-20-2007, 12:06 PM

synthetic
10-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Why people worry about what Michelle Malkin's website says or what she says is beyond me. The 5th is fundraising push. No matter how much despair and FUD is spewed here nothing is going to change the fact its a fundraiser. Promote it any way you want. Some like the "V" concept others don't.

Its funny, the people afraid of bad "press" are the one that cause it. Its the round-the-clock posts and complaints that make things, like a fundraiser, in to something so terrible it shouldn't be allowed or even banned.

terlinguatx
10-20-2007, 12:07 PM

davidhperry
10-20-2007, 12:18 PM
I don't think the MSM will pick this up, because it's clearly grassroot volunteers and not the Paul campaign that set it up. Not to be extremley antagonistic today, but if the MSM did pick this up then they'd instantly deliver the fundraising message to the 10 + million people who've seen V. Donations will skyrocket. The buzz will get everyone talking about Paul and we'll exceed the $10 million goal.

It may not but it's increasingly likely if we raise a large amount of money - it will be used as a way to explain away the fact that the campaign fundraising is picking up. It'll be along the lines of: "The Ron Paul campaign fundraising heats up as they draw comparisons to domestic terrorism."

Airforcefalco
10-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Both would be great!

I like the symbolism of having a money bomb day on the 5th of November.

TexMac
10-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Malkin....

What a stupid ass. Rudy's 9/11 fundraiser was sanctioned by the campaign. Ron probably doesn't even know about the Nov. 5th idea. And Ron's campaign sure as hell didn't come up with the idea.

Malkin is a putred human being. Everything she says is complete shit. And yet she continues, spewing this kind of garbage, with every breath she steals our air. Don't give her website any hits, none. Your IQ will bottom out if you read anything this demonic harpey writes.
What aravoth said. When Malkin's fangs stop dripping Iraqi blood, she might have standing to criticize. You guys need to see who's in the wrong here.

tfelice
10-20-2007, 12:31 PM
What aravoth said. When Malkin's fangs stop dripping Iraqi blood, she might have standing to criticize. You guys need to see who's in the wrong here.

There's a difference though, Malkin gets on TV. Aravoth doesn't

Drknows
10-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Besides i dont think Ron Paul gives a F#&# what people think about him. I think you need to watch his 1988 Morton Downey, Jr interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHB2I83_N_k

disciple
10-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Let's do both and try to outdo each.

Sean
10-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Stop taking advice from Malkin. Ron Paul is a small government conservative. Malkin is a fake small government type. The Nov. 5th idea is a good one. She knows that money makes Ron Paul legit. You can fake polls you can't fake fundraising. The more money he brings in the more attention he will get. The Nov. 5th idea is powerful and they will attack it to try to stop it.

Ninja Homer
10-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Woo hoo! Malkin's pushing for a November 5th fundraising drive for Ron Paul as well. Does this finally make it official? I think there should be a Veteran's day one as well.

They can sling mud at Ron Paul's supporters all they want, it will just make us donate more and campaign harder. Ron Paul will remain clean.

angelatc
10-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Stop taking advice from Malkin. Ron Paul is a small government conservative. Malkin is a fake small government type. The Nov. 5th idea is a good one. She knows that money makes Ron Paul legit. You can fake polls you can't fake fundraising. The more money he brings in the more attention he will get. The Nov. 5th idea is powerful and they will attack it to try to stop it.

Absolutely. She's probably reading these boards and is thrilled to death that she's got 50% of the people yammering about changing the day.

If you change the day you'll kill the spontanaeity of it. It's that simple.

Did anybody read the comments on Malkins' board? ONe guy immediately accused of us being a lot of conspiracy theorists (yawn...) but then went right into a thought that it was actually going to be one person donating a lot of money, but breaking it down into $100 lots to hide it.

WTF?

Sean
10-20-2007, 01:11 PM
Absolutely. She's probably reading these boards and is thrilled to death that she's got 50% of the people yammering about changing the day.

If you change the day you'll kill the spontanaeity of it. It's that simple.

Did anybody read the comments on Malkins' board? ONe guy immediately accused of us being a lot of conspiracy theorists (yawn...) but then went right into a thought that it was actually going to be one person donating a lot of money, but breaking it down into $100 lots to hide it.

WTF?

Yep, she would like us to all go home and hide because we support a "nut", "kook" who wants to actually cut federal government and give us back our Constitutional rights. We would be ok if we supported a cross dressing thrice divorced Rudy who is anti-2nd and 1st Amendment, anti-life, pro nation building, big government and pro entitlement spending. People must realize as a Republican more and more of us are seeing these fools for who they are. They say one thing and do another. Ron Paul says one thing and does it. That is why they are afraid of him. Do not take advice from his detractors.

Sean
10-20-2007, 01:15 PM
By the way if Ron does get money on the 5th of November they will call on him to give it back. Ron Paul will politely tell them to go to hell because he is never intimidated by these fools.

Seth M.
10-20-2007, 01:45 PM
Malkin....

I agree 100%

Everyone should keep it positive learn from Ron...

Ron turned Rudys "thass extraordinary ssatement" into "youre right it is..." a positive :)

We turned Nazis "He needs to be removed" into "remove yourself"... and gathered more support all the while. a positive :)

Learn how Dr Paul talks and thinks.. stop reacting with emotional outbursts like they want.. We should be efficiently moving forward with every direct action.. that doesnt mean ignore critics or lies... it means chew it up and spit out support and positivity. Direct actions you can be proud of. /end rant

aravoth is right though
and threads like this only seek do divide supporters and support. we know they don't want Dr Paul resting his head on a pillow in the White House. They will try everything. They will reside here and seek war also. divide and conquer

WWRPD? Think about it.

davidhperry
10-20-2007, 01:48 PM
What is the advantage of directly tying it to the movie? It's not like it's going to make people donate more since it's related to V. Couldn't it be an unofficial reason - one where you have to be "in the know" to even realize it? That way, it makes both camps happy.

jrich4rpaul
10-20-2007, 01:49 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=26923

robatsu
10-20-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm doing what I can to promote 11/5 as a mass donation day. I could care less about the symbolism, but think a focused donation day, especially in early November, is a real good idea. I personally don't think the v/vendetta stuff is a good idea, so I'm not pushing that angle w/anybody I know. I suppose others are free to do so, but I'm just choosing to ignore it.

Ozwest
10-20-2007, 04:01 PM
November 5 is a statement from people who have been treated by some as "fringe dwellers". I think you might be surprised by the money raised...

LukeNM
10-20-2007, 04:12 PM
I mentioned this a week or so ago -- I agree with Veterans Day too! This "V" thing is not good, unless that is how some of you kooks think? Destruction from within -- was this started by a troll? I am giving my $100 on November 11th…

TheIndependent
10-20-2007, 04:16 PM

Should have been Vet's Day from the start. I was one of those who disagreed with this Nov 5th idea from the very beginning.

TruckinMike
10-20-2007, 04:17 PM
There are two types of people:

Thinkers and Do'ers

the do'ers started the Nov 5th fund raiser...

The thinkers just sat around and thought...and thought... and then became more and more paranoid by the second.

This push is the biggest and most motivating I've seen yet... besides... we are in the 4th quarter and we need a hell Mary pass...

PS- the media will use anything...the 5th, truthers, etc... Or we could just sit around like other campaigns and not do anything....but HHhhmm, that wouldn't work either...

What to do ...what to do???

Truckinmike

Thom1776
10-20-2007, 04:18 PM
Most people can see that her hysterical ranting is just sour grapes.

Trying to smear Ron Paul in anyway by attacking people who favor him for president just doesn't work. The whole November 5th/Vendetta thing is no big deal either. Ron Paul will be receiving $200 from me and my girlfriend that day.

We will just keep marching forward to our goal of taking our country back.

These petty attacks mean NOTHING!

There is a very easy way to handle this, or any other pathetic attempt to drag us down.

"Ignore and Proceed, Ignore and Proceed, Ignore and Proceed"

We must IGNORE this crap and PROCEED to do what it takes to build Ron Paul's name recognition and let people know that they have a real choice this election.

paulitics
10-20-2007, 04:18 PM
Trust me, it HELPS us when these neocon idiot bloggers critique our grassroots efforts. People don't trust them, and it creates buzz that will boost our donation on 11/5/07

not really, sometimes the image of movie obsessed guys taking it too far does its own damage. I don't care if it is Kieth Olbermann, Dan Rather, or Malken, I would be thinking the same thing. If I were to read the digg story, that WE put out, I would be thinking the same thing. Sorry, mixing movies with politics is a bad combination.

Eli
10-20-2007, 04:19 PM
we'll continue doing what work. They'll spin it negatively no matter what we do so forget about them. We'll play the medias but not take their recommendations for becoming unactive.

ValidusCustodiae
10-20-2007, 04:25 PM
It may not but it's increasingly likely if we raise a large amount of money - it will be used as a way to explain away the fact that the campaign fundraising is picking up. It'll be along the lines of: "The Ron Paul campaign fundraising heats up as they draw comparisons to domestic terrorism."

Let's not forget that George Washington, Samuel Adams, Tom Paine, Patrick Henry, John Adams, Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, etc. were ALL considered terrorists by the very same government that considered Guy Fawkes a terrorist.

If you think the Nov. 5th idea sucks then how can you truly call yourself a patriot? We can't HIDE our past we need to be ready to DEFEND OUR POSITIONS not run away when someone accuses us of being in favor of terrorism! THEY WERE GOING TO DO THIS EVENTUALLY ANYWAY, THATS WHY WE HAVE TO FIGHT THE INFORMATION WAR THAT IS NOW GOING ON! BE PREPARED!

PaleoConservative
10-20-2007, 04:27 PM
wasn't there some quote that went along the lines of "the only thing worse then being talked about is not being talked about?"

Trust me folks, these guys are following the same play book they did with Buchanan in 1996!

The November 5th drive was about the move V for Vendetta right? I strongly urge people to watch that movie and not see some of the same problems we face today.
This wasn't about remembering the English nutcase from the 1600 or 1700's, it was based on the great movie.

Let them talk, they are scared to death and this is exactly what we want.

I don't know if I can afford 100, but I'll donate something november 5th.

Ozwest
10-20-2007, 04:29 PM
There are two types of people:

Thinkers and Do'ers

the do'ers started the Nov 5th fund raiser...

The thinkers just sat around and thought...and thought... and then became more and more paranoid by the second.

This push is the biggest and most motivating I've seen yet... besides... we are in the 4th quarter and we need a hell Mary pass...

PS- the media will use anything...the 5th, truthers, etc... Or we could just sit around like other campaigns and not do anything....but HHhhmm, that wouldn't work either...

What to do ...what to do???

Truckinmike

On Ya TruckinMike!

ValidusCustodiae
10-20-2007, 04:30 PM
The worst form of hate is denunciation. Isn't it better to be simply hated by someone and have your opinion considered than to have your opinion minimized or ignored? The reason I bring this up is because Michelle Malkin would probably say those of us that are against our current system of government are just hateful. The same way O'Really says that people only attack bush because they hate him. Isn't it hateful to ignore the facts of our position and try to get others to do the same by portraying us as lunatics? Which, incidentally, is what some of the people on this board that disagree with us do. Whether you like it or not, right here on Ron Paul's message board, you're doing your best to stifle dissent. :)

theprolific
10-20-2007, 04:35 PM
Most people can see that her hysterical ranting is just sour grapes.

Trying to smear Ron Paul in anyway by attacking people who favor him for president just doesn't work. The whole November 5th/Vendetta thing is no big deal either. Ron Paul will be receiving $200 from me and my girlfriend that day.

We will just keep marching forward to our goal of taking our country back.

These petty attacks mean NOTHING!

There is a very easy way to handle this, or any other pathetic attempt to drag us down.

"Ignore and Proceed, Ignore and Proceed, Ignore and Proceed"

We must IGNORE this crap and PROCEED to do what it takes to build Ron Paul's name recognition and let people know that they have a real choice this election. Well said

eloquensanity
10-20-2007, 04:58 PM
I honestly think that these people are afraid of freedom. It would make them have to make decisions for themselves with no parental figure to dictate to them what they are allowed to do.

I think they are so afraid that they won't be physically safe in a free society because they have scared themselves by discussing 'evil' none stop for the past 6 years.

Its kind of like when we were kids and told each other ghost stories till we would be afraid to go to sleep. Fear is very infectious.

..........Or maybe they just hate the constitution either way they certainly have an irrational fear of Dr Paul who doesn't have a mean bone in his body.

Probably best to ignore them and keep moving forward, if its just attention they seek like a naughty child having a tantrum then ignoring their rantings is probably the best way to go. JMO

:)

Pete
10-20-2007, 05:03 PM
OK, I've just read three threads about the V contribution drive. I am a very socially conservative guy in my 50s, to give you my perspective.

Younger Ron Paul supporters, identifying with themes in the V movie about throwing off an oppressive government, organized a November 5 fundraising day. Big deal. Nobody is talking about overthrowing the government. Guy Fawkes is also considered to be a hero by law-abiding Brits. The fundraising drive is symbolic and romantic.

If Michelle Malkin wants to make a mountain out of this, let her. Like many posters have said, the opposition is envious that Ron Paul's campaign generates so much passion and creativity. Whose every movement is Michelle following with fervent hopes of success. Rudy? Mitt? Don't make me laugh.

me3
10-20-2007, 05:25 PM
we'll continue doing what work. They'll spin it negatively no matter what we do so forget about them. We'll play the medias but not take their recommendations for becoming unactive.
Exactly. Don't fight what you can't change. Win the battles that count.

OK, I've just read three threads about the V contribution drive. I am a very socially conservative guy in my 50s, to give you my perspective.

Younger Ron Paul supporters, identifying with themes in the V movie about throwing off an oppressive government, organized a November 5 fundraising day. Big deal. Nobody is talking about overthrowing the government. Guy Fawkes is also considered to be a hero by law-abiding Brits. The fundraising drive is symbolic and romantic.
Thanks for the perspective.

syborius
10-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Ok, I hate to say this, but don't say that many of us here didn't say that the Nov. 5th idea was a BAD idea. This is only the beginning of the attacks on RP over this particular fundraising push.

Damn it, I knew this would happen..Some of these kids, although well intended just don't understand politics. These fund raisers need to be really carefully organized. why didn't anyone from these forums tell them to rethink this in a more forceful way. We should also be on guard for people that want to do us more harm then good, or to distract from positive messages. Fund raising efforts should only be in direct alignment with the "MESSAGE" Also, some people might not have liked the movie. Some might have hated it. These items need to be really thought out otherwise we are just causing ourselves more harm.